PDA

View Full Version : Its official this time Tomlin will be new coach...Update Midnight EST 1/21, not yet !

Troyisabeast_43
01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
The report has come out again on ESPN and they had confirmation from the Rooney's or somebody close in the organization that an official annoucement is expected tomorrow. Everything they say about this guy makes you believe he is the real deal. Im kind of geeked about the hiring. Tomlin looks like he has a certain demeanor and presence about him on the sidelines that I like a lot.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm pumped and I can't wait. I'm happy with the hire. A new era in Pittsburgh Steelers history.

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2007, 10:40 PM
of players say nothing but good things about him on sirius nfl radio :clap:
Guess we'll all find out this season :crossfingers:

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
About damn time! Now to get on with the rest of the staff!

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Dawn of a new era has begun for the Pittsburgh Steelers

Head Coach Mike Tomlin. Welcome to Blitzburgh!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Here We Go Steelers Here We Go.

Mike Tomlin coach of the year.

Koopa
01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
i love the signing..... i was hyped all afternoon and then i was pissed when they said it was untrue now i'm happy again..............lol...........

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Be happy, Koopa. We got ourselves the real deal now, it is time to put the piece all together and make a run for our own dynasty.

DIESELMAN
01-20-2007, 10:55 PM
:tt02: :tt02: COOL!!!!! Thats what I'm screamin!!!!! :tt02: :tt02:
:tt02: :tt02: http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/39/391638.jpg:tt02: :tt02:
:tt02: :tt02: Welcome to the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02: :tt02:

ohiosteelfan20
01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
just glad it's over!!

K Train
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
i really cant wait because grimm was by far the favorite, easy choice and this guy really must have showed them something

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:01 PM
First off I aint believin jack until I see an official press conference, and 2nd, I must be the only one that still wanted Grimm !

Steelerlyn
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I have to see a link on a source or a quote from the Rooney's. So I will not believe it until I do. :dunno:

K Train
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
i'd be happy with any of the 3 finalists

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732197

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
grimm is a BUM.... a cowher in the making, which again isn't good at all..... i wonder if grimm is crying???? now he has to book a flight to oakland lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:06 PM
SI and KFFL and ESPN were reporting this earlier on the radio and on the net, I still aint believin it till I see a press conference or some official statement from the Rooneys.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Don't keep your hopes up

from the Post-Gazette

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07020/755575-100.stm

Steelers say they haven't hired a coach, despite SI report

Saturday, January 20, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers chairman Dan Rooney today denied a Sports Illustrated story that said the team had chosen Mike Tomlin as its head coach.

"There's nothing to that story on the wire," Mr. Rooney said of the account that appeared earlier today on SI.com.

Other sources, most unwilling to go on the record, also denied there was any truth to the story. Mr. Tomlin, the defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, denied it publicly.

"It is untrue," Mr. Tomlin told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "I have no idea where it's coming from. I have not talked to the Rooneys today."

A source close to Russ Grimm said yesterday afternoon that he had heard nothing from the Steelers. Mr. Grimm, the team's offensive line coach and assistant head coach, is one of three finalists for the job.

The other is Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, who was awaiting a second interview by the Steelers if Chicago loses in the NFC championship game tomorrow. If the Bears win, they would have to wait until Feb. 5 to talk to Mr. Rivera, 45.

Mr. Grimm, 47, could not be reached for comment but his brother Donn told the Post-Gazette from his home in Georgia that he had not talked to him today.

"I think I would have heard, if he knew anything,'' Donn Grimm said.

Michael Silver of SI.com wrote that the team would announce the hiring of Mr. Tomlin, 34, in the next two days.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he read the SI.com report, but the team had nothing new to say about the search to replace Bill Cowher.

"We have heard all the rumors, and we have nothing to confirm at this point,'' Mr. Lockett said.

Asked whether the team had a news conference scheduled this weekend to announce that the search for a coach was over, Mr. Lockett said, "No, nothing planned, and we would certainly tell you and all the media if we did.''

Mr.Tomlin just finished his first year as defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. It is believed that he and Mr.Grimm are the frontrunners to replace Mr. Cowher. He resigned Jan. 5 after the Steelers ended the 2006 season with an 8-8 record, following a Super Bowl championship in February.

Mr. Cowher said he planned to spend more time with his family after coaching the Steelers for 15 years. His wife and youngest daughter moved to Raleigh, N.C., last year.

Staff writers Gene Collier and Tom Birdsong contributed to this report.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
It all depends on what time that article was written...

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2007, 11:12 PM
My guess is that it was written once news of Tomlin being hired broke out.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Probably so since that article refers to the SI announcement which probably means it was earlier today.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 11:16 PM
That was an earlier report. The one Troy is talking about is in the past hour.

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:16 PM
espn.com even now has a breaking news on their site....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Im watching Pittsburgh Sports Tonight on FSN to see if Fox is saying anything.

steelcurtain09
01-20-2007, 11:27 PM
y dont we not post nething until a press conference is called

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
It's all speculation still as far as Im concerned, especially since SI reported it earlier and KFFL sent me an alert about it.

Now ESPN is saying it but we haven't heard anything definite yet so Im waiting to start griping about not hiring Grimm for sure till I see a press conference announcement.

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
It's all speculation still as far as Im concerned, especially since SI reported it earlier and KFFL sent me an alert about it.

Now ESPN is saying it but we haven't heard anything definite yet so Im waiting to start griping about not hiring Grimm for sure till I see a press conference announcement.

why do you want grimm??? he isn't gonna be a good head coach, no matter where he goes, if he would've stayed here we would've won 2 games.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
You can't say that for sure anymore than you can say Tomlin will get us to the playoffs again, or that Rivera would have. It's all speculation based on what each of us wants as a candidate.

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
oh, and that post gazette article was written at 5 central time, which was when all the denial was happening

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:33 PM
You can't say that for sure anymore than you can say Tomlin will get us to the playoffs again, or that Rivera would have. It's all speculation based on what each of us wants as a candidate.

grimm is fat, **** him lol............

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:34 PM
The wonderful words of wisdom from the great Koopa have been spoken yet again ;)

Blitzburgh55
01-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Cant Wait till Next Year

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
ESPN just said Mort confirmed it... :cursin:

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
all the Pittsburgh Media Station are denying the rumors surrounding the speculation so therefore, it is NOT official. Someone must of leaked something false to get the media to ruffle the feathers.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 11:41 PM
ESPN just said Mort confirmed it... :cursin:

Top I would just wait and see what happens. I'm sure Tomlin is smart enough to know the Steelers strengths and how they're built as a football team. He knows if he wants to win right away that sticking with the 3-4 gives him the best chance for winning right away.

I doubt the Rooney's will tolerate lossing. The only reason they stuck with Noll and Cowher so long since they proved theirselves as HC's. I don't think Tomlin can afford 3 or 4 years of lossing seasons or he will be replaced.

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Mort is a dumb fat ***, Matt. Don't listen to that former washed up has been.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Well both EPSN and SI are saying it is coming. I highly doubt they would both be saying it if it weren't true.

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2007, 11:53 PM
:iagree:
Listening to sirius NFL radio,,,,,,,,They'll give a 2 minute drill at 11 pm then i'll relay what they said to you guy's :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:53 PM
That's what Im afraid of now that 2 sources are saying it. Im just not sold on him. Im sure he's intelligent and knows what our team is about but damn I just hate seeing somebody come in with his own mindset of how defenses run and more than likely offense of course too.

I say if it aint broke, don't fix it..and it wasn't broke regardless of our record last year.

Koopa
01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
That's what Im afraid of now that 2 sources are saying it. Im just not sold on him. Im sure he's intelligent and knows what our team is about but damn I just hate seeing somebody come in with his own mindset of how defenses run and more than likely offense of course too.

I say if it aint broke, don't fix it..and it wasn't broke regardless of our record last year.

did you not watch football this year??? cause we are broke lol....ben got broke by being a dumbass and riding a motorcycle, then he got knocked the **** out by atlanta, our defense couldn't stop anyone when we played good teams, our special teams lost us games.....it's broken, and a change from outside could do wonders for us

BlitzburghNation
01-21-2007, 12:11 AM
The samething everyone else is :dunno: They said espn & SI are reporting that TOMLIN will be the steelers new HC and could be announced as soon as 2morrow :tt02: :banging: :dunno: :blah: I'm confused about him but i do believe in the Rooney's and our organization making the right choices for our team & fan's :clap: We'll all just have to wait and see how he turns out and i'm sure everyone remembers when they hired Bill Cowher :bigthumb:
I'm sure alot of us said Bill Who :scratch: But that worked out fine,so let's just keep the faith and let this all play out then we can pass judgement on this guy :tt02: :helmet: :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
01-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Sirius said that TOMLIN will be the steelers next HC,,,,,,They said after a tug of war between the media's pittsburgh admitted that Tomlin's there next HC and could be announced as early as sunday !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Im in the minority here but that's ok, I wanted Grimm. Im going on record as not believing this is the right guy for us...but what do I know, I don't own an NFL team.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Im in the minority here but that's ok, I wanted Grimm. Im going on record as not believing this is the right guy for us...but what do I know, I don't own an NFL team.

hey, you have a right to have an opinion, and i'm sure a lot of ppl feel your way....hell i wanted art shell so i'm a little disappointed too lol...........

BlitzburghNation
01-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Well i've been torn between the 3,,,,,,,,I really didn't know for sure who i wanted, but I really thought he was going to be RIVERA

Koopa
01-21-2007, 12:59 AM
at first i thought grimm had this job on lock cause of the 6 hour meeting, and then i kinda thought we might go with rivera since were waiting so damn long but i'm glad they got the guy i wanted lol.........watch tomorrow, there's gonna be articles that grimm gets the job lol

SteelerDan43
01-21-2007, 01:01 AM
I am not sold on Tomlin and his last ranked defense against the pass but I will give him the benefit of the doubt

Steelersfan
01-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I am not sold on Tomlin and his last ranked defense against the pass but I will give him the benefit of the doubt

That stat is a misleading. Nobody could run on them so they passed all the time and the Vikes had no pass rush. He actually improved that D quite a bit. If it weren't for the D the Vikes would have been even worse then they were. From what I have read a lot of Vikings fans wanted him to be their next HC.

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:18 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07021/755615-66.stm

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:21 AM
they wrote that article at 5 o'clock central, when everyone was saying it was false, they having updated it since everyone has said it was true

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:25 AM
they wrote that article at 5 o'clock central, when everyone was saying it was false, they having updated it since everyone has said it was true
Iceman? Are you a thug now? LOL

BB2W
01-21-2007, 01:25 AM
I've been pulling for Grimm... I'm not opposed the hiring of Tomlin at all, but I'll beleive it when I see it.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Iceman? Are you a thug now? LOL

lol, no, it's a tribute to the spurs great george "iceman" gervin

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 01:29 AM
lol, no, it's a tribute to the spurs great george "iceman" gervin

The master of the finger roll. He was an hell of a player.

Back to the topic at hand. Its Mike Tomlin and I don't care who denies it.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:32 AM
The master of the finger roll. He was an hell of a player.

Back to the topic at hand. Its Mike Tomlin and I don't care who denies it.

yeah, i don't know why post gazette still put that up, cause it was written when espn was denying it......they need to get their **** together lol........tomorrow hopefully they will say they are gonna hold a press confernce monday to introduce tomlin to pittsburgh

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:34 AM
I've been pulling for Grimm... I'm not opposed the hiring of Tomlin at all, but I'll beleive it when I see it.

I agree when the Rooneys have a press conference introducing the new head coach that is when I will know, not until. Too many rumor mills! Why do people tend to believe rumors when they have no basis in fact? I will never understand that. Some people seem to love any bit of juice they can get, true or not, then they run with it and tell 2 other people who tell 2 other people, etc, etc, etc until the whole thing has been so blown out of proportion that it is sickening. The Rooney clearly stated they were going to reinterview 3 people, Tomlin, Grimm & Rivera. If the Bears lose tomorrow they can interview Rivera as recently as Monday, if the Bears lose the Rooneys must wait until after the superbowl to interview Rivera. The Rooneys have always stuck by that so what is all this rumor ****? :dunno:

Is human nature such that we will believe anyone excluding the team owners who have gone out of their way for the fans? Come on think about it.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Now the Pittsburgh Trib is reporting that Grimm has been offered and accepted the HC job. I don't know what the hell is going on?

BB2W
01-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Now the Pittsburgh Trib is reporting that Grimm has been offered and accepted the HC job. I don't know what the hell is going on?This is fun! :greengrin:

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
****, i hate the rooney's and i'm gonna pray every day we lose every game next season, this will be the worse hiring in the histroy of the league i guarantee it.......**** i am so pissed right now

Steelersfan
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Damn this sucks!

Grimm is hired.....

http://pittsburghlive.com:8000/x/pittsburghtrib/preview/s_489602.html

Tomlin is hired....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732197

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 01:43 AM
What the hell is going on?

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:44 AM
if the tribune is right, i'm gonna be so pissed and i'm really gonna hope we draft the biggest bust ever and that we lose every game, and that porter and others hold out, and that troy doesn't sign an extension

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Now the Pittsburgh Trib is reporting that Grimm has been offered and accepted the HC job. I don't know what the hell is going on?

Yeppers I also heard that one http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_489602.html

they (the media) are making a huge mockery of this. Don't listen to anyone but the Rooneys.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:47 AM
ppl say tomlin had a bad secondary, we have one of the most overrate oline cause of grimm, grimm is gonna be horrible for this team, we are gonna be a conservative peice of **** team and will end up the same we did as this year watching everyone play in the playoffs............................**** the tribune better be wrong

House of Steel
01-21-2007, 01:48 AM
This is very insane and very irresponsible to see the media get way out of hand on something they certain don't know what the **** is going on.

House of Steel
01-21-2007, 01:49 AM
I never believe a word the Tribune says anymore. Post Gazette is the true and only source you can trust anymore along with the actual true source, the Rooneys. This is beyond insane, this is unneccessary bullshit and chaos.

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:50 AM
ppl say tomlin had a bad secondary, we have one of the most overrate oline cause of grimm, grimm is gonna be horrible for this team, we are gonna be a conservative peice of **** team and will end up the same we did as this year watching everyone play in the playoffs............................**** the tribune better be wrong

I do NOT want Grimm!

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I do NOT want Grimm!

that's because your a smart person lol

every coach that coached under cowher and went on to be a head coach has been a complete failure, cowher doesn't produce good head coaches, grimm will just be another failure and will bring down the steelers in big games if he is the head coach.........at least with tomlin the coaches where he comes from have had some success...........

Steelersfan
01-21-2007, 01:55 AM
that's because your a smart person lol

every coach that coached under cowher and went on to be a head coach has been a complete failure, cowher doesn't produce good head coaches, grimm will just be another failure and will bring down the steelers in big games if he is the head coach.........at least with tomlin the coaches where he comes from have had some success...........

Can you tell me what success and by who? I doubt those coaches have had more than Cowher. Even though I don't think BC was the greatest coach around he is better than most.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:56 AM
you know what, **** the tribune, how is everyone gonna be saying it's tomlin, and then out of the blue at ****ing midnight gonna say it was offered to grimm.....**** the tribune, it's all about chris mortenson and that dude from si lol

Koopa
01-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Can you tell me what success and by who? I doubt those coaches have had more than Cowher. Even though I don't think BC was the greatest coach around he is better than most.

i posted it earlier in that other thread

someone posted this at the other site

He comes from the buccaneers coaching family that so far has consisted of marvin lewis, Lovie Smith, Rod marinelli, herman edwards, and even there current coordinator isnt to shabby himself. In Mike Tomlins 5 years in Tampa he helped take the bucs to the number one defense twice. His guidence currently has the vikings defense rated number 12. At the age of 34 he is a young and up and comming head coach. And if hired at the age of 34 he would ironically enough be the same age as bill cowher was when Cowher came to the steelers. I think Tomlin would be a great choice and keep the steeler legacy alive

Steelersfan
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
And they all have how many Super Bowl wins?

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:03 AM
And they all have how many Super Bowl wins?

well if stuff didn't fall in place they'd have as much as cowher.........but they all have jobs..........all of cowhers ppl fail and never even have a chance to get in the playoffs........

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Koop was Tomlin with the Bucs when they won the superbowl a few years ago?

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:16 AM
yeah he was........so there you go, tomlin has a ring too lol

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 02:19 AM
**** the media....what was a deliberate carefully planned out interview process by the Rooneys has turned into a media circus..Thanx a ****ing lot media!!!!!:bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I told ya'll not to believe it before we heard it straight from the Rooney's or some official source.

I'll believe the Post Gazette or the local Pittsburgh media before ESPN anyday.

At this point its anybody's guess but Damn I want Grimm !!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:34 AM
IM going to merge this with the main thread..

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:37 AM
everytime i see grimms name it pisses me off so damn much, i hate cowher and i hate the coaches that coached under him...they are all complete failures as was cowher until everything fell in place last year......****, i hate the tribune for throwing out complete lies

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 02:37 AM
I told ya'll not to believe it before we heard it straight from the Rooney's or some official source.

I'll believe the Post Gazette or the local Pittsburgh media before ESPN anyday.

At this point its anybody's guess but Damn I want Grimm !!

Why? Sell me on Grimm, Matt :)

AZ_Steeler
01-21-2007, 02:38 AM
I haven't been following the news very much but this is good news and I am glad the search is over! :cope:

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:40 AM
F U C K

espn.com took down that tomlin thing

**** i hate the rooneys so damn much....grimm will lead us to another ****** season

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Sell you on Grimm? ok here we go.

-Steelers Assistant Head Coach for the last several years
-Knows our system
-Has worked with Ben and can keep the continuity of his learning process on the same track
-Knows the coaching staff and what if any changes need to be made
-Has the respect of the players
-Spent his career as an offensive lineman with one of the greatest OL's in history, the hogs. Our OL has been stellar as long as he's been with us with the exception of last year when the whole team sucked. And a few years back when we had all those injuries and played musical lineman against the Denver game he kept us alive and had the foresight to put Faneca at Tackle and he still made the probowl
-Is an offensive minded coach which is something Ben needs since Whiz is gone now

There's a few for ya :)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Iceman, koopa, whatever the hell your name is :lol:

You can't say Grimm will lead us to a bad season anymore than you can say Tomlin would lead us to a SB

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:43 AM
**** our system...it ****ing sucks, it lost us everything cause the system sucks

our oline sucked complete ****ing ***

**** i hate everything...i hope we draft a bust in every round and grimm ****ing resignes before the system

**** i hate everything

**** football

**** the nfl

go spurs go.

if grimm is hired i'll root for the steelers to lose every game until we get a new coach

oh and **** the rooneys

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:44 AM
oh you will not, you bleed black n gold just like the rest of us, win or lose so shut up :lol:

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Iceman, koopa, whatever the hell your name is :lol:

You can't say Grimm will lead us to a bad season anymore than you can say Tomlin would lead us to a SB

grimm is a fat slob who is gonna be eating on the side line while we lose every ****ing game

how can you play for a fat guy........he will not be succesful, any coach that comes from under cowher is never successful, why?? because cowher isn't a successful coach, until last year he has failed the steelers year in and year out, and as soon as he got lucky and won it all he bailed cause he knows he's a bitch *** that can't coach for ****....and grimm will be the same way.....at least with tomlin we get to start over no more cowher bull ****....grimm will **** the steelers up

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-21-2007, 02:49 AM
You are so sure of this how Koopa?

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:51 AM
again, every coach that coached under cowher is a complete failure in life just like cowher is......grimm will be the exact same way, grimm is a ****** oline coach, and now he's gonna control everything, that's gonna ****ing suck ***........it'll be cowher part 2...... a good regular season here and there and completely failing when it matters just like cowher always does, unless players go down and the refs help us out..............

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Let's look at some of the teams that Cowhers assistant's went on to be head coaches at and got fired or resigned from:

Mularkey went to the Bills, the bills were average best and inconsistent in every way.

Capers went to the Panthers who got old way to quick and never recovered.

Haslett went to the Saints, and they just sucked *** all the time.

Lebeau went to Cincy who sucked all the time.

So see you can't say Cowhers assistants always failed because the teams they went to were bad to begin with. Grimm is inheiriting a winning team.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:55 AM
and look where the bucs guys go, they don't go to great teams, and they end up doing pretty good for themselves.....unlike cowhers guys, they all get fired in a year or 2 cause they all suck just like cowher did

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-21-2007, 02:55 AM
again, every coach that coached under cowher is a complete failure in life just like cowher is......grimm will be the exact same way, grimm is a ****** oline coach, and now he's gonna control everything, that's gonna ****ing suck ***........it'll be cowher part 2...... a good regular season here and there and completely failing when it matters just like cowher always does, unless players go down and the refs help us out..............

You know what Koopa. Since your so sure. There are 31 other NFL teams you can go support. The Rooneys will make the right decision and the steelers will be fine.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:56 AM
You know what Koopa. Since your so sure. There are 31 other NFL teams you can go support. The Rooneys will make the right decision and the steelers will be fine.

**** that, i got a steelers tattoo, i'm just gonna say **** the nfl, and pretty much be gone if grimm is the head coach

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:57 AM
They got fired because they didnt get a real chance to fix the teams.

Haslett was with the Saints who were terrible year in and year out and he was still recovering from that Ditka debacle when they blew all their draft picks on Ricky Williams.

Capers left after his team got old and didnt get a chance to draft new players before he was gone.

Mularkey just didnt do a real good job but JP Losman was hurt alot and the team had alot of injuries.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Koopa, your texas *** isnt going anywhere and you know it ;) You're just pissed off right now like the rest of us wondering who is going to be our new HC. Just relax buddy, it'll work out.

I was pissed too when I thought it was Tomlin, but now I just flat out have no idea what to think.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:00 AM
**** grimm, i will root for us to lose every single game until he is fired or he resigns......i hate this fat ****, he may be a good guy, but i don't want some fat *** slob repping the steelers on the sideline

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Now really what does it matter what he looks like as long as he knows what he's doing? :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Hey Koop (Iceman) calm down man. We still don't know for sure that Grimm is the coach.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:02 AM
he doesn't know what he's doing, look at our halftime adjustments, look at our oline, he is a fat slob that doesn't know a damn thing about coaching, you can even see in his interviews, he isn't confedent....he's gonna bring the steelers to a 6-10 record next year

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
**** our system...it ****ing sucks, it lost us everything cause the system sucks

our oline sucked complete ****ing ***

**** i hate everything...i hope we draft a bust in every round and grimm ****ing resignes before the system

**** i hate everything

**** football

**** the nfl

go spurs go.

if grimm is hired i'll root for the steelers to lose every game until we get a new coach

oh and **** the rooneys

Iceman,
Whatcha smokin'?

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-21-2007, 03:06 AM
It's grimm.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Hey Koop (Iceman) calm down man. We still don't know for sure that Grimm is the coach.

i'm practicing so just in case if it's true, i'll be ready and then i'll be gone

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:13 AM
he doesn't know what he's doing, look at our halftime adjustments, look at our oline, he is a fat slob that doesn't know a damn thing about coaching, you can even see in his interviews, he isn't confedent....he's gonna bring the steelers to a 6-10 record next year

He seemed pretty confident to me, atleast as much as Tomlin did, it's just different ways to look at it.

Our line was great last year, now after one year they all suck ? no way dude.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:16 AM
that's cause they coached themselves lol, our line is overrated, the bus made them look great by blowing everyone up and doing all the work by himself, this year the only time they did good was when we played shitass teams

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:20 AM
They coached themselves ? :lol: Jerome didnt even have a big year last year, Willie was the main starter and Jerome spelled him nearly all year long.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:21 AM
i was talkin about 2004 with bettis, last year, they were alright, they weren't great, we almost didn't even make the playoffs........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Yeah Bettis was big in 2004, he's always been a beast, but they OL did have a good season overall last year. Us nearly not making the playoffs wasn't their fault. You can thank Maddox for that near miss when Ben was out 3 games with his knee and Tommy had to play.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:25 AM
it's the olines fault ben ****ed up his knee lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Now you're really reaching for something man :lol:

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:28 AM
i just look at grimm, and see cowher all over again, get everyones hopes up and then fail when it matters, cowher is a failure, and so will grimm..........the only in house person that would've been good is whiz

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:29 AM
I look at Grimm and see a fresh face who knows the team but Im sure has his own ideas as to how things should be done. I also think how much of his decisions were overturned by what BC wanted to do, so it's really a total crap shoot but Grimm gets a good team already so he's a step ahead of the game from previous assistants.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:31 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6379790

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 32 minutes ago

Quote:
The rumor mill is churning with the notion Mike Tomlin will fill the Pittsburgh Steelers' head coaching vacancy. But the lead candidate says such talk is premature at best.

In what Tomlin said was his only phone interview of the night, he told FOXSports.com that the Steelers said they want to sleep on their decision overnight, and that no decision has been made yet.

"I hope I get it but these stories are driving me crazy," said Tomlin, who is a candidate to replace the departed Bill Cowher. "It's just not true. And I really hope they don't have an effect on the final decision, whichever way they go."

The Steelers will wait until at least Monday to announce their new coach, and might interview Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera that day for a second time if the Bears lose the NFC championship game.

Since Cowher stepped down Jan. 5, the Steelers have twice interviewed assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Vikings Tomlin but cannot talk again with Rivera, their third finalist, until the Bears' season has ended.

If the Bears win Sunday, the Steelers must decide whether they could afford to wait another two weeks to talk to Rivera, or if they should hire Tomlin or Grimm so they can start to reassemble their coaching staff and begin planning for the 2007 season. Rivera's first interview with the team went well and the Steelers have strongly hinted they would like to talk with him again.

SI.com, Sports Illustrated's Web site, reported Saturday the Steelers have decided on Tomlin - a story that clearly caught the team off guard. Steelers owner Dan Rooney told later told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "There's nothing to that story on the wire," in regard to the SI.com story.

A person with knowledge of the search denied Tomlin has been hired, telling the AP that not only has the job not been offered but there have been no contract negotiations. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Steelers do not want details of the search made public until they have made their choice.

Tomlin, an NFL coordinator for only one season, impressed the Steelers with his desire for the job, knowledge about defense, work ethic and organizational ability during two interviews over the last two weeks. The second session, on Tuesday, lasted 3 1/2 hours.

But with the 34-year-old Tomlin not in the running for any other NFL head coaching jobs, it would be uncharacteristic for the Steelers - a team that never rushes into any important decision - to hire him without giving Rivera another interview.

However, the Steelers have not promised Rivera a second interview, and have said only that they would choose their coach when they were certain they had found their man.

If Tomlin is the choice, it would be a major disappointment for Grimm, who nearly got the Bears job himself three years ago. He said last week he was certain he was ready to be a head coach, and felt his six-hour interview Wednesday went very well.

Dan Rooney and director of football operations Kevin Colbert also seemed upbeat and positive following Grimm's second interview.

Hiring Tomlin as only the third Steelers coach in 38 years, and the first black head coach in their 74-year-history, most likely would mean major changes in a team that is only a season removed from winning the Super Bowl.

Tomlin coaches the 4-3 defense, and the Steelers have long been the NFL's strong proponent of the 3-4 defense. In recent seasons, they signed defensive ends Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel to long-term contracts partly because of their ability to fit into the 3-4.

Also, the Steelers have most of their assistant coaches under contract for next season, and a new head coach probably would want to bring in some of his own coaches.

Last season, Tomlin's first as Minnesota's defensive coordinator, the Vikings were eighth in the league in yardage allowed and first in fewest rushing yards allowed. On Dec. 10, they held Detroit to minus-3 yards rushing, the NFL's lowest total in 45 years.

There would be one coincidence if Tomlin is hired - he is the same age Cowher was when the Steelers chose him in 1992. At the time, Cowher also was an NFL defensive assistant coach who wasn't yet a big name.

Ken Whisenhunt, initially thought to be the front-runner for the Steelers' job, was hired by the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday. He did not wait to see if the Steelers would make him an offer.

In his only phone interview of the night, Tomlin told FOXSports.com that the Steelers told him they want to sleep on their decision overnight, and that no decision has been made yet. "I hope I get it but these stories are driving my crazy," said Tomlin, who is a candidate to replace the departed Bill Cowher. "It's just not true. And I really hope they don't have an effect on the final decision, whichever way they go."

Tomlin told FOXSports.com he's hoping to hear a decision by Sunday, but as of now, he'll just sit and wait.

"It's unbelievable," Tomlin said. "Ever since this story has came out, my phone has not stopped ringing and I keep having to tell people it's not true. And every time another story comes up, I keep having to tell people it's not true

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Hey Top thanks for posting that.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:34 AM
I look at Grimm and see a fresh face who knows the team but Im sure has his own ideas as to how things should be done. I also think how much of his decisions were overturned by what BC wanted to do, so it's really a total crap shoot but Grimm gets a good team already so he's a step ahead of the game from previous assistants.

why are ppl so afraid of change, he is not a fresh face either, he's been with us forever and he can't even get the line to play good half the time.........he's gonna have a heart attack on the side line cause he's so fat, and then he's gonna ride around on one of those motor wheelchairs like weis did after his fat surgery a few years ago when he was with the pats lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Im not opposed to change if it's needed and if it's done right. Our team isn't completely broken and a new coach from the outside is liable to want to "fix" things no matter what he says about being flexible and all that, it's just my feeling on the subject personally.

Grimm could do just enough tweaking to get it going in a positive direction, and well actually just keep it going in the positive direction that the last half of the season was going.

A new HC means new Assistant coaches and more of a learning process and that takes time which in a 16 game season you can't afford to lose.

Koopa
01-21-2007, 03:41 AM
or he can turn evil and fire everyone and have a fat boy staff lol.......my anger is gone, thanks for posting with me, i officially don't give a **** who the head coach is, just ****ing name someone tomorrow lol.......

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:45 AM
I knew this would be a marathon posting session with you :lol: I enjoyed debating with you, now Im tired :lol:

and I agree, just pick someone already damnit !

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 03:48 AM
Whew....I wish i coulda been here when Koop was "practicing" lol. You guys are right though lets do this already....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah it was fun :lol:

floodcitygirl
01-21-2007, 11:18 AM
I just saw some footage of Tomlin on the sideline....made me smile. IF he's the pick, it doesn't look like he's going to be a stone faced zombie! Looks to have a fairly passionate coaching style.

BBG7
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree. I love him on the sidelines. He's got passion!

Koopa
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
if grimm is hired he'll be to busy eating to show passion

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Well hell Ive got passion and I can spit, so maybe I should just be the new HC :lol:

floodcitygirl
01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Well hell Ive got passion and I can spit, so maybe I should just be the new HC :lol:Go for it TG!!! :lol:

I'm not saying that it's the most important thing, but personally, I enjoy a coach that openly puts some emotion into it. :2cents:

BBG7
01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Tomlin also seems to be more confident in his abilities to be a head coach. Just watching both of their post interview questions with the media....Grimm seemed very unsure of himself when Tomlin seemed very confident that he can handle the job and everything that comes with it.