PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are the 5th seed in the postseason; headed to Denver

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
It was a typical AFC North matchup, close to the bitter end. Even if the Steelers are that much better than the Browns, and let's face it they are, these games never play out that way. The Browns, even though they are still in a rebuilding mode came out and gave it their best shot. The Steelers hung on to finish out the year 4-2 in the division. Had they not allowed that infamous 92 yd. drive back in November they'd be heading home for a week off right now. It was not to be though...

They head off to Denver to play the Broncos at mile high as the 5th seed in the post season. Many things will be discussed as the week goes on but regardless of how poorly the Broncos have played these last few weeks they are still at home. Their defense will getting after Ben, and without Rashard Mendenhall the Steelers will have some adjusting to do.

For better or worse, the Steelers have made the post season again. Following a Super Bowl appearance just getting into the playoffs is an accomplishment. Pittsburgh isn't normally a team that does so well the following year after getting to a championship game. Anything can happen in January and the Steelers are certainly talented enough to make a run. Whether they can or not we'll find out in 6 days from today.

coach
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Lets see how many healthy bodies we have. Wood and Harrison both playing will be a good start.

steelersbabex25
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I never bought into the Tebow is amazing crap, and I'm still not buying into it. He has not played a top defense yet, and he will not be able to pull his usual stunts on a #1 pass D. If the Broncos pull off a win, it'll be on the back of their defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I never bought into the Tebow is amazing crap, and I'm still not buying into it. He has not played a top defense yet, and he will not be able to pull his usual stunts on a #1 pass D. If the Broncos win, it'll be on the back of their defense.

I never bought into it either and I really never thought he would have went on the type of run he went on earlier this year.....The game on the line he made plays to win the game...Yes his defense and team set him up but he still made plays...But the last few weeks the Tebow balloon seemed to pop....He really hasn't played well at all and seems to have regressed.....3 points today at home against the Chiefs.....:eek1:

StlersGuy
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
WOW we get ripped and now will not have a home playoff at all.... Denver should have to come to our house

Diehardsteel
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
They just lost to the chiefs. The score was laughable. We SHOULD have 0% issue with beating these guys. Will Clark play?

nuclearchihuahuas
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
They just lost to the chiefs. The score was laughable. We SHOULD have 0% issue with beating these guys. Will Clark play?

I dont think he can. The high altitude is too dangerous for him. Do you think they will stay with Tebow? Seems like they'd have a better shot with Quinn or any one else for that matter

LatrobePA
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
They got there w Tebow so they'll have to stay w him..

coach
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Tebow will be praying extra hard this week.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I need some MT drugs cause his confidence level is a heck of a lot higher than mine. He of course knows more than a paean such as I. And for that I am thankful. That said, good luck Steelers in your quest for #7.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I hope James Harrison introduces Tim Tebow to Jesus.......

jnes1216
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I really really hope the Steelers D can get a shutout vs this offense. McGahee is tough but I don't see the defense having a problem. donkey offense looked horrible today.

SteelerJay
01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I dont see anything on paper that scares me about this game at all, other then playing in milehigh, we have strugled somewhat playing there as i recall I could be wrong though does anyone have the stats for when we play them in their own house???

but I could see a 24-3 win , 21-7 win none the less tebow is not that good

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Traveling out to mile high won't be that much of an issue. If the game is Saturday they'll fly out sometime on Friday most likely. The timezone difference is not as bad as going out to the west coast. The atmosphere will be the most difficult thing to deal with because unless you play there all the time you aren't fully used to how thin the air can be.

steelersbabex25
01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Well we've gone through Mile High on another superbowl run of ours. I'm not too worried about them not being able to adapt to the atmosphere (literally) there.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Just saw the update officially, Steelers vs Broncos on Sunday at 4:30pm

Saturday, Jan. 7
AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)
NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8
NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at Cowboys-Giants winner, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

steeld3_4
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Looks like we're the last game wild card weekend, 4:30 sunday afternoon.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

steeld3_4
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Just saw the update officially, Steelers vs Broncos on Sunday at 4:30pm

Saturday, Jan. 7
AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)
NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8
NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at Cowboys-Giants winner, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

U beat me to it!

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

DIESELMAN
01-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Not trying to look past the Donkeys but.....

If Houston wins, it will play against the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs in a rematch of a game that was a brutal beat down that the Texans were on the wrong side of at M&T Bank Stadium early in the season. If Cincinnati wins, it will visit the Patriots on January 14th or 15th. The Steelers/Broncos winner will take on the other team that is remaining.

LatrobePA
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
The x factor next week will be Troy vs Tebow...

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Not trying to look past the Donkeys but.....

If Houston wins, it will play against the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs in a rematch of a game that was a brutal beat down that the Texans were on the wrong side of at M&T Bank Stadium early in the season. If Cincinnati wins, it will visit the Patriots on January 14th or 15th. The Steelers/Broncos winner will take on the other team that is remaining.

If Houston wins don't we get the patsys?? we would be the lowest seed remaining...

DIESELMAN
01-01-2012, 11:44 PM
If Houston wins don't we get the patsys?? we would be the lowest seed remaining...

Yes.....if Houston wins, they play the Rat turds, we play NE.

If Houston wins, it will play against the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs. If Cincinnati wins, it will visit the Patriots on January 14th or 15th. The Steelers/Broncos winner will take on the other team that is remaining.

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Because of key losses we've had this year to Houston and the Ravens, we can't afford to take anyone lightly. I say we go man on man and apply the pressure to Tebow. He will try to stray from the pocket and then he'll be in Mr. Harrison's neck of the woods. We know what happens from there.

SteelerJay
01-02-2012, 03:35 AM
Yes.....if Houston wins, they play the Rat turds, we play NE.

I hope we play the pats honestly, They dont scare me that much, grant I know we have had our due with them beating us, but we match up aginst them in the O's and our D beats theirs hands down easy, going to their house wont be a easy task, but IDC who we play honestly anytime you travel in the playoffs its always harder, no matter what anyone says.

But i'd rather play the pats then the rats in their home anyday as they have had our number this season, but then again its the playoffs, we could have a sweet little redemtion aginst them if we end up playing them! but for now all i care about is tim tebow and the broncos, as they currently block our way to number 7

Dobre Shunka
01-02-2012, 03:43 AM
It's Tebow time for us. We just need to contain him.

If your a betting man then you hope to play the Ratbirds. The odds of a team beating the Steelers 3 times in the same season are extremely low.

vs

The odds of splitting games between Pitt and NE are very high.

We'll take what is given, no choice, but always bet w/ your head and hope w/ your heart.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
the big issue is whether clark plays this week....i for one believe he will, he wanted to play in the regular season a couple of seasons ago and tomlin held him out....and can anyone explain where the vitriol for tim tebow comes from ( i know exactly where it comes from)...the guy has done nothing but succeed on every level, the NFL we'll have to wait and see...but i for one hope he has a hall of fame career...i have never seen so many people want a single person to fail in all my life...it makes me sick to my stomach

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
the big issue is whether clark plays this week....i for one believe he will, he wanted to play in the regular season a couple of seasons ago and tomlin held him out....and can anyone explain where the vitriol for tim tebow comes from ( i know exactly where it comes from)...the guy has done nothing but succeed on every level, the NFL we'll have to wait and see...but i for one hope he has a hall of fame career...i have never seen so many people want a single person to fail in all my life...it makes me sick to my stomach

Comes from the fact that he's the most overrated player in the entire NFL.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Comes from the fact that he's the most overrated player in the entire NFL.

who overrated him except josh mc daniels...almost everyone i have seen says he's a below average quarterback at best, and was simply overachieving...people don't like him because he comes across as a good guy with high moral character.... i seen hundreds of players over the years start team prayers even with their opponents and never once has anyone said a peep....if you wish me to expound further goto LOS

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
who overrated him except josh mc daniels...almost everyone i have seen says he's a below average quarterback at best, and was simply overachieving...people don't like him because he comes across as a good guy with high moral character.... i seen hundreds of players over the years start team prayers even with their opponents and never once has anyone said a peep....if you wish me to expound further goto LOS

Yeah people hate him cause he's a good guy. That's what everyone hates. A nice football player. :rolleyes:

Watched ESPN lately? Everyone talks about him like he's some kind of God cause he's won a few football games. He plays an awful game for 99% of it and finally has one good drive at the end of a game that his defense has kept him in, and suddenly he's the king of the world. That's why people are getting sick of him.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Blame football announcers for the hate people have for Tim Tebow.....Even going back to his college days he was looked to be the football messiah, cure cancer, walk on water....Just got over bearing and sickening to me....I also don't like having his faith shoved down my throat....I get it dude you're a Christian......lol I could careless.....I doubt Tebow is a virgin...I have seen pics of his past girlfriends on goggle....lol Not to bad and she has a very nice set of breasts...I'm sure they waited for marriage....Tebow is a fraud period......

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah people hate him cause he's a good guy. That's what everyone hates. A nice football player. :rolleyes:

Watched ESPN lately? Everyone talks about him like he's some kind of God cause he's won a few football games. He plays an awful game for 99% of it and finally has one good drive at the end of a game that his defense has kept him in, and suddenly he's the king of the world. That's why people are getting sick of him.

i never remember this type of scrutiny of any other player in the history of the NFL ... him being a first round pick(undeservedly so) you should get scrutiny but not the hatred....most people in the media and the Nfl have wanted him to fail miserably....i understand you feel more comfortable cheering on types such as santonio holmes, plaxico burress,ja marcus russel, ryan leaf, it just makes you able to rationalize away your own shortcomings... i don't remember these guys getting the same type of hatred as tebow... LIKE I SAID I HOPE TEBOW MAKES THE HALL OF FAME AND YOU HAVE TO HEAR HIS NAME SHOUTED FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS...christ i see a steeler backup have one good game and people want to anoint them as the next chosen one....

--- Added 1/2/2012 at 12:29 PM ---

Blame football announcers for the hate people have for Tim Tebow.....Even going back to his college days he was looked to be the football messiah, cure cancer, walk on water....Just got over bearing and sickening to me....I also don't like having his faith shoved down my throat....I get it dude you're a Christian......lol I could careless.....I doubt Tebow is a virgin...I have seen pics of his past girlfriends on goggle....lol Not to bad and she has a very nice set of breasts...I'm sure they waited for marriage....Tebow is a fraud period......

do you have some pictures of tebow shoving something down your throat...you could try to use them as some type of scandal material...you know people who hold the high moral ground are held to a higher standard in this nation...just ask joe paterno...tebow has never promised anyone anything except 100% effort and i believe he has given that, so how is he a fraud...he may very well not be a good NFL QB but a fraud get serious...you are a fraud for even saying that

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
i never remember this type of scrutiny of any other player in the history of the NFL ... him being a first round pick(undeservedly so) you should get scrutiny but not the hatred....most people in the media and the Nfl have wanted him to fail miserably....i understand you feel more comfortable cheering on types such as santonio holmes, plaxico burress,ja marcus russel, ryan leaf, it just makes you able to rationalize away your own shortcomings... i don't remember these guys getting the same type of hatred as tebow... LIKE I SAID I HOPE TEBOW MAKES THE HALL OF FAME AND YOU HAVE TO HEAR HIS NAME SHOUTED FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS...christ i see a steeler backup have one good game and people want to anoint them as the next chosen one....

I don't know why you keep bringing up his personality. I don't hate on the fact that he's a nice guy. I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month. People wanted him to fail so that we could start watching ESPN again!

Also, Tebow won't make the hall of fame unless he can magically transform into Joe Montana. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't know why you keep bringing up his personality. I don't hate on the fact that he's a nice guy. I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month. People wanted him to fail so that we could start watching ESPN again!

Also, Tebow won't make the hall of fame unless he can magically transform into Joe Montana. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.

if you truly like watching the talking heads on ESPN you have bigger problems than i thought... except keyshawn ...i like keyshawn...i never said i think he will make the HOF, i said i HOPE he does so haters like yourself can simmer in your hatred for years to come...perhaps a anger management course would do you so good

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
if you truly like watching the talking heads on ESPN you have bigger problems than i thought... except keyshawn ...i like keyshawn...i never said i think he will make the HOF, i said i HOPE he does so haters like yourself can simmer in your hatred for years to come...perhaps a anger management course would do you so good

I think you're making things up in that little head of yours in order to try to make your argument valid. Find me one place where I said I hate Tim Tebow. Ready...go.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM

--- Added 1/2/2012 at 12:29 PM ---

do you have some pictures of tebow shoving something down your throat...you could try to use them as some type of scandal material...you know people who hold the high moral ground are held to a higher standard in this nation...just ask joe paterno...tebow has never promised anyone anything except 100% effort and i believe he has given that, so how is he a fraud...he may very well not be a good NFL QB but a fraud get serious...you are a fraud for even saying that

**** Joe PA and **** Tim Tebow......I could give a **** if Tebow is a Christian and I really don't like hearing about his faith...I'm sure him and his past girlfriends never did anything sexual......lol Its only a matter of time before some skeletons come out of Tebow's closet.......

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I think you're making things up in that little head of yours in order to try to make your argument valid. Find me one place where I said I hate Tim Tebow. Ready...go.

I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month.

and by the way can you clarify who that steeler running back with regular fumbling problems is from another thread...seems you have a problem with facts and stats...

I HATE ON THE FACT THAT HE WON A FEW GAMES...that means you wish he wouldn't have had any success...stew in your hatred

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month.

and by the way can you clarify who that steeler running back with regular fumbling problems is from another thread...seems you have a problem with facts and stats...

I HATE ON THE FACT THAT HE WON A FEW GAMES...that means you wish he wouldn't have had any success...stew in your hatred

See, there you go making things up again. There was a second part to that statement that you seem to be neglecting.

"I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month" does not equal "I hate Tim Tebow and never want him to have any success in his life ever."

I'm done responding cause you seem to be making things up just to prove your point (whatever that point may be) which I don't believe is an effective debate technique. But you can keep pretending I said things that I didn't say to make yourself feel better if you want.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
**** Joe PA and **** Tim Tebow......I could give a **** if Tebow is a Christian and I really don't like hearing about his faith...I'm sure him and his past girlfriends never did anything sexual......lol Its only a matter of time before some skeletons come out of Tebow's closet.......

more rationalization by another hater..stew in your hatred...why don't you get angry when other teams pray before or after games or when another player gets seriously hurt... or they say they want to thank their savior and lord JESUS CHRIST...i hear this all the time from other players and you never said a word about...only with tebow does your hatred show it's evil face

Ravens1
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM

It's COULDN'T care less and TOO bad, but typical of a public school education.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
See, there you go making things up again. There was a second part to that statement that you seem to be neglecting.

"I hate on the fact that he won a few games and he was all anyone talked about for a month" does not equal "I hate Tim Tebow and never want him to have any success in his life ever."

I'm done responding cause you seem to be making things up just to prove your point (whatever that point may be) which I don't believe is an effective debate technique. But you can keep pretending I said things that I didn't say to make yourself feel better if you want.

i hate on the fact that he won a few game "AND AND AND" he was all everyone was talking about for a month...seems you don't understand what the word AND means...get back to the kids table...that means you hate both the fact that he won and that we was being talked about

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM

:wtf: Good thing you came on here for the sole purpose of correcting someone's grammer. Thanks!

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM

this is where this godless society that hates anything good or religious is being cultivated....and now were starting to see the fruits of this harvest

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Thank you so much and I will sleep so better at night for you correcting me......:lol:

Ravens1
01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Thank you so much and I will sleep so better at night for you correcting me......:lol:

I COULD care less and I COULDN"T care less have opposite meanings. I just want to make sure your thoughtful comments correctly convey your intended meaning.:yellowthumb:

The sarcasm is for you bashing the quarterback from my alma mater.:greengrin:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 02:14 PM
more rationalization by another hater..stew in your hatred...why don't you get angry when other teams pray before or after games or when another player gets seriously hurt... or they say they want to thank their savior and lord JESUS CHRIST...i hear this all the time from other players and you never said a word about...only with tebow does your hatred show it's evil face

Other players don't shove it down your throat like Tebow does........Evil yea I'm evil......:lol: No just have a problem with organized religion in general.....Through out history more people have been killed in the name of God, Allah then anything else....

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Other players don't shove it down your throat like Tebow does........Evil yea I'm evil......:lol: Now just have a problem with organized religion in general.....Through out history more people have been killed in the name of God, Allah then anything else....

explain how tebow shoves it down your throat, is it because the television shows him praying on the sideline...i'm sure he goes to the TV executives and says you show me praying OR ELSE

but I'll take your word on it, because i can tell you are an absolute expert on having things shoved deep into your cavernous throat...linda lovelace has nothing on you...you should call the guinness book of world records and see if there is a record for deepest throat of all time...you win hands down

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
but I'll take your word on it, because i can tell you are an absolute expert on having things shoved deep into your cavernous throat...linda lovelace has nothing on you...you should call the guinness book of world records and see if there is a record for deepest throat of all time...you win hands down

Easy. This is a family friendly forum.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 02:34 PM
explain how tebow shoves it down your throat, is it because the television shows him praying on the sideline...i'm sure he goes to the TV executives and says you show me praying OR ELSE

Lets see every time he does his stupid Tebow thing, every time he sings My God is an awesome God on the sidelines, everytime somebody mentions Tebow his faith comes up....I wouldn't talk about things shoved down my throat since at one time you were a piece of **** drug addict who probably had many things shoved down your throat to feed your addiction......:lol:

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Lets see every time he does his stupid Tebow thing, every time he sings My God is an awesome God on the sidelines, everytime somebody mentions Tebow his faith comes up....I wouldn't talk about things shoved down my throat since at one time you were a piece of **** drug addict who probably had many things shoved down your throat to feed your addiction......:lol:

you are truly classy...you degrade peoples faith...and now my health...first off i have been given kudos from most people on this site for being so open about my afflictions, in the hope that someone else may benefit from my mistakes...seems like all my skeletons are out of the closet...we will have to see what's lurking in yours... and i've never had anything shoved down my throat to feed my addiction or anything else...unlike you who have readily admitted that tebow regularly inserts his stuff in your throat...

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Ok seriously. Let's stay away from the personal stuff and stick to football here. Thanks.

Speeed
01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
He is closer to God in that stadium. That could be a game changer.

Tebow will be praying extra hard this week.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Simms and Nantz will be the announcers for the game. Great. Looks like another game being watched on mute.