PDA

View Full Version : The Ward Watch is over, Hines reaches 1,000 career receptions.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 08:21 PM
We all knew sooner or later it was going to happen, the Steelers were not going to let Hines get out of this final game without reaching 1000 catches for his career.

A very uneventful, lack luster, record setting catch for Hines off a shovel pass from Ben for minus 3 yds. After that play, Hines wasn't heard from again in the game. I think this was how we all figured it was going to play out. Get Hines into the game, get him his catches one way or the other, and then move on with life.

Be that as it may, Hines deserves huge congrats for hitting this final big milestone of his career. A well deserved honor for, as of now, the greatest Steelers wide receiver of all time.

steelersbabex25
01-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Finally. Congrats Ward.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah this has been a topic of debate this season, especially since the bye week. I'm glad it's over now. He's earned his spot in Steelers and NFL history. Anything else he gets before his career is over is just a bonus now.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Can Ward retire now....lol

floodcitygirl
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Can Ward retire now....lolI'm not so sure. I think he would have said so if it was gonna be that way. My hope is that he has an amazing post season!

jnes1216
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Congrats to Hines!!:tt02:

SteelerJay
01-01-2012, 10:34 PM
congrats ward :)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm not so sure. I think he would have said so if it was gonna be that way. My hope is that he has an amazing post season!

was a joke.....:lol: Ward an amazing post-season?....Maybe if we could rewind the clock a couple years.......Ward is just about finished.....sad but true.....5 catches for a whole big 24 yards today...

jpele
01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Ward is just about finished.....sad but true.....5 catches for a whole big 24 yards today...

Compared to superstars receiver Wallace's 1 catch for. a whole 11 yards. Sad but true.

BTW, congrats to Hines one of the best ever to wear the black and gold.

SteelCityVoice
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Nice to see Ward get the milestone. Would have sucked if he had to sign somewhere else to pursue it. Hopefully the Steelers can help him win a third ring this year and he can just retire a Steeler.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
GREAT to see him get to 1,000 !!:tt02::tt02::tt02: Like BRC said as of now the best WR in the history of the STEELERS !!

It never should have come down to this,he should have had this record before this last game.Those plays could have been run a lot sooner in the season and this would not have been a distraction.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Compared to superstars receiver Wallace's 1 catch for. a whole 11 yards. Sad but true.

BTW, congrats to Hines one of the best ever to wear the black and gold.

Nobody is arguing Hines isn't one of the best Steelers ever.....typical of our fan base that loves to live in the past.....

Your point on Wallace is.......he had a **** game and really doesn't seem to be on the same page with Ben the last month or so.....problem that needs to be corrected soon....but hoping Ward is going to have a huge post season is really unrealistic and living in the past....I love Ward and he is one of my alltime favorites but players come and go.....Ward is done and its time to move on.....:yesnod:

Dobre Shunka
01-02-2012, 04:59 AM
I understand that we need to go w/ the youth and to top that off our young WR core is amazing, but wasn't Hines still fairly relevant as recently as least season and the one before. From the postings you would think he hasn't been relevant for years.

There were games w/o Ward's crucial catch or block, we lose, and it wasn't that long ago.

Congrats Hines!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I understand that we need to go w/ the youth and to top that off our young WR core is amazing, but wasn't Hines still fairly relevant as recently as least season and the one before. From the postings you would think he hasn't been relevant for years.

There were games w/o Ward's crucial catch or block, we lose, and it wasn't that long ago.

Congrats Hines!

Ward overall was still effective last year but this year its clear Ward is pretty much done......16 of Wards last 21 catches have came on bubble screens or those type of plays.......Personally I don't want to remember Ward force fed the ball on bubble screens......My memories of Ward are going over the middle with no fear and making those tough catches......

Clevelandsux
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I love hines, but I think this was his curtain call. I think we've been wasting alot of our offense trying to get him the ball with these dink and dunk screens. Even his 1000th catch was a cheap one, a schuffle pass that net - 3 yards.

Congrats Hines! But unfortunately he really isn't very beneficial to the team anymore.

Dobre Shunka
01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Ward overall was still effective last year but this year its clear Ward is pretty much done......16 of Wards last 21 catches have came on bubble screens or those type of plays.......Personally I don't want to remember Ward force fed the ball on bubble screens......My memories of Ward are going over the middle with no fear and making those tough catches......

Well, yeah, that's the point. As recently as last season he was still dangerous for the opposing team. This year? Agreed, but that's more of a game planning POV that effectively eliminates him from being a factor in the 1st place.

Regardless, this guy is still a very effective player that could play a crucial role in a critical playoff elimination. If we're in hard and heavy with a Ratbird/Patsie battle and desperately need that first down or even a SCORE from 20 or less, well, Ward.

There's a reason other team can't stand the guy. It's a well earned and deserved rep.

LevonKirkland99
01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Congrats to Ward despite all the Ward-Haters on this board. Keep calling yourselves Steeler fans, Ward haters!!!

Ward now can move on

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Congrats to Ward despite all the Ward-Haters on this board. Keep calling yourselves Steeler fans, Ward haters!!!

Ward now can move on

Who here hates Ward :scratch:

LevonKirkland99
01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Who here hates Ward :scratch:

No need to name names...

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 09:01 PM
No need to name names...

I meant that as a rhetorical question. Cause nobody on here hates Ward.

CowherPower
01-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Huge congrats to Hines, well deserved honor for a true Steeler in every sense of the word.

LatrobePA
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm glad we got that silly **** out of our system now can we please actually gameplan w/ out him??

I'm happy for him he's been a great Steeler but it's time for some true playmakers to take over..