PDA

View Full Version : Brett Keisel is the unsung hero of the defense

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
With all the accolades that guys like James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, Troy Polamlu, and others get, Brett Keisel quietly goes about his business of dispupting offenses.

He had a batted pass today and also a nice strip of Hillis near the sidelines. He finished with 3 tackles today against the Browns but he was in on pressures on several others. He's probably having his best year of his 10 yr. career. Finishing out the regular season with 45 Tackles and 3.0 Sacks, with isn't half bad for a defensive lineman in a Dick Lebeau defense.

steelersbabex25
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
He's one of those players in the league that is really only recognized by his own team. Nobody else really realizes how good he is...but he's ****ing awesome.

LatrobePA
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Troy was pretty special today, but I agree 99 is my idol!

steelersbabex25
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Troy was pretty special today, but I agree 99 is my idol!

Troy is weird this year. He'll be quiet for 3 games, then he'll have a huge game. Then quiet for 3 games, than another huge game. He needs to step up in the playoffs and start making some big plays for the defense.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Diesel is a monster! He's so bad a** and in the right spot at the right time. I love this guy

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Keisel reminds me so much of Aaron Smith. He's very powerful and able to hold his blocks at the point of attack. Plus he can get that huge frame up high and knock down passes. He's no spring chicken but he's clearly having his best year to date. The Steelers defensive line is slowly getting an infusion of youth but Da Beard still has his spot solidified.

Nolrog
01-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Keisel is an excellent player. His contributions are not well publicized.

He rocks a much better beard than Nick Mangold by the way.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Hard not to love Keisel....former 7th round pick who worked his *** off to become the player he is today....Plus the dude liked to grab the tails of mountain lions while growing up in Wyoming are where the hell he is from.....lol crazy SOB

Dobre Shunka
01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
He's a beast! Glad he's on our side.

tburg68
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Troy is weird this year. He'll be quiet for 3 games, then he'll have a huge game. Then quiet for 3 games, than another huge game. He needs to step up in the playoffs and start making some big plays for the defense.

His down times were spent recovering from concussions.

Kiesel is my defensive MVP.

airbrake 1
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
i thought he should have made the pro bowl this year....hopefully we won't be sending anyone anyhow...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Did anyone notice that the Steelers defensive line stayed relatively healthy this year? No major issues with Keisel, Hood, Hampton, McLendon, or Heyward. Aaron Smith has been injured so much you almost you're surprised when he is able to play. The only major blow has been to Chris Hoke. The play of this unit and Keisel has a big part in that has been so important to the defense.

Hard not to love Keisel....former 7th round pick who worked his *** off to become the player he is today....Plus the dude liked to grab the tails of mountain lions while growing up in Wyoming are where the hell he is from.....lol crazy SOB

If he's not the second coming of Grizzly Adams, I don't know who is..LOL

http://www.itsnature.org/TV/images/article-images/grizzly-adams.jpg

Steelers guy
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Kisel is dong what Smith used to do that is being that constant presence that does everything textbook right in order to allow Polomalu, Woodley and Harrsison among other to make those big plays.

TIMEsteelersfan
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
You've gotta love a guy like Keisel... he's another in a long line of Steelers that keeps his mouth shut and does nothing but produce. He's quietly put together a really nice career.