Of course our 6 divisional games,,,,Should win at least 4 of them :tt02:
Then we've got afc east and nfc west : we should win 6 of them :cabbagepatch:
Then our odd games are at Denver and Jacksonville at our place :tt02:
Hopefully we can win those two :clap: Making our Record 12-4
:brownssuck: :bengalssuck: :ratbirdssuck: :jump1:
:tt02: :steelersrule: :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Hell I would settle for 10 wins and playoff spot.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't care how many wins we have as long as we are in the playoffs!....lol Can't win the Super Bowl without that part.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't care how many wins we have as long as we are in the playoffs!....lol Can't win the Super Bowl without that part.

+1:bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2007, 10:20 PM

I think we'll have 10 to 12 wins and be in the playoffs next year :cabbagepatch: was giving a prediction of what i thought our record might be next year :bigthumb: :crossfingers: :tt02:

SteelerSal
01-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Can't really figure what our record would be until we see how our new Head Coach and his new staff molds our players in their system.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Hopefully they don't change a lot on the D side and Dick stays with us. I am really curious to see what they do with the offense and who we get as OC.

SteelerSal
01-20-2007, 10:26 PM
If Tomlin in fact does become our new coach, he is a student of the Tampa 2 and I think Dick will be a goner.
As for OC, the coordinators are more important than the head coach. IMO

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
You could be right Sal. I'm just hoping he keeps Dick on for a couple years to learn the 3-4 we play. It has worked in the past and that is what we are built for right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 10:38 PM
You could be right Sal. I'm just hoping he keeps Dick on for a couple years to learn the 3-4 we play. It has worked in the past and that is what we are built for right now.

+1:bigthumb:

Yes if Tomlin wants to win right away then he will have to stick with the 3-4.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, I hope he sticks with it for now and if he wants to change he does it slowly through the draft and a few FA's. I don't really want to be rebuilding when we have a good team now.

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I am with Sal and everyone else, the 3-4 is what makes BLITZBURGH!!! I am ready for the new era, and by godly, I see us going 11-5 and winning the AFC North.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Im the loner on this, but damnit I don't want all this freekin change, and Tomlin for all his "flexible" talk is going to put his mark on this team one way or the other and I don't sense it's going to be good for our current coaching staff.

As far as the schedule goes, we'll have a 3rd place schedule so in theory we should do well but with a new coach it's anybody's guess.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 11:07 PM
It'll be ok TG! We just need to have a little faith in our new coach. If he's smart he'll keep things as is for the most part and plugin his own stuff where it needs to be.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2007, 11:07 PM

Amen. If we got in the playoffs that's fine by me.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
It'll be ok TG! We just need to have a little faith in our new coach. If he's smart he'll keep things as is for the most part and plugin his own stuff where it needs to be.

If he's smart, that is the key. This guy is coming off the street with a whole different style of play than anything we're used to and everything that's been successful for us the last 15 years.

When Cowher came here he was the type of guy that would make his mark but still keep the tradition going with our style of play and coaches. We didnt change our way of thinking when BC got here...I can't say for sure that will be the case if Tomlin indeed the man.

ohiosteelfan20
01-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I hope we keep Dick too. I don't see any reasoning to get rid of him and he don't seem too interested in going anywhere.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 11:12 PM
That's exactly right, there's no reason to get rid of Ariens, Lebeau, Perry, or anybody else on our staff if you ask me, and IF tomlin is the man you can bet your last dollar there will be change ! :cursin:

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm sure the Rooneys pointed a lot of that tradition out to him. I'm not going to jump on him until he does something to deserve it. The Rooneys have done pretty well with the past 2 coaches so have a little hope! The Steelers will be fine and keep on winning!
Just remember, Cowher only kept one person from Knolls staff when he came on and that turned out pretty good.

Ambridge
01-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Jacksonville again?? :scratch:

They ought to give the Jags an honorary membership to the AFCN.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Well they were there before right, so why not :nonod:

Ambridge
01-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Well they were there before right, so why not :nonod:

Yep! The good old days of the AFC Central.
That was a helluva division when Jacksonville and Tennessee were in there.

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Can't really figure what our record would be until we see how our new Head Coach and his new staff molds our players in their system.

I'm with ya on that.....don't know if Tomlin will keep the 3-4 or make a hybrid or what, if he does change it'll be interesting to see how long it'll take to take.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I would hate to see how long that takes and how many games would be sacrificed if he was try and switch defenses on us in any fashion if Tomlin is hired on.