PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vote Antonio Brown Team MVP

Big T
12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Steelers vote Antonio Brown their team*MVP (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/steelers-vote-antonio-brown-their-team-mvp/)

The Pittsburgh Steelers have voted Antonio Brown their team’s most valuable player.

The selection of Brown as the top player on the team sounds surprising at first, but maybe it shouldn’t: There are few players in the NFL who contribute to their teams in as many different ways as Brown does.

Brown is one of the league’s top return men, ranking fourth in the NFL with a 27.7-yard kickoff return average and 10th in the NFL with a 10.8-yard punt return average. He’s the Steelers’ No. 2 receiver, with 63 catches for 1,018 yards, and he ranks second in the NFL with 2,048 all-purpose yards.

Does that make Brown a more valuable player than Ben Roethlisberger? Or Troy Polamalu? Or Mike Wallace? Or Brett Keisel? According to his teammates, it does.

connecticutsteel
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
GREAT CHOICE . hard worker his teammates would know best

LatrobePA
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
He's a stud!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
AB is a great choice for team MVP. He's been a great compliment to Mike Wallace since training camp and has been able to stay healthy the whole year.

I would say you could make a case for Ike Taylor though as well, being team MVP. He solidifies the cornerbacks and allows young guys to develop by essentially taking the other teams best WR out of the game.

steelchamp204
12-29-2011, 02:56 PM
AB > Wallace. Just saying. Hes way more of a complete receiver. Wallace is good dont get me wrong. But the ceiling for Brown is much much higher

steelersbabex25
12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
AB > Wallace. Just saying. Hes way more of a complete receiver. Wallace is good dont get me wrong. But the ceiling for Brown is much much higher

Wouldn't say better. Just different. Wallace's speed kind of makes him a one in a million receiver.

DBR96A
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
One thing I need to see more of from all our WRs (except Hines Ward) is a willingness and ability to catch the ball in traffic, or in situations that aren't quite ideal. They won't be wide-open on every play, so sometimes the QB is gonna have to squeeze the ball in somewhere, and they're gonna have to make plays on it.

elephantman
12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
One thing I need to see more of from all our WRs (except Hines Ward) is a willingness and ability to catch the ball in traffic, or in situations that aren't quite ideal. They won't be wide-open on every play, so sometimes the QB is gonna have to squeeze the ball in somewhere, and they're gonna have to make plays on it.

Jericho cotchery is that man NOW..

SteelerJay
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Jericho cotchery is that man NOW..

couldn't aggree more, i stated in another thread that I really feel he will the guy who makes that play that lifts this team though the playoffs and gives us a WIN that will put us into the superbowl imo

mos07
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
....and we are going to have to pay the "Young Money" receivers. Yikes! I guess it is a good problem to have.....

Wallace and Brown - 3rd and 6th round respectively, not big $$ draft picks - they are going to want to be paid..........

nuclearchihuahuas
12-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Congratulations to AB! He deserves this honor.

LarryNJ
12-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Congrats to AB! Keep up the good work.

The true MVP is Ben.

Raleigh Steel
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
AB=AD!!!!!!!!