PDA

View Full Version : At this point, What can our defense do to creat turnovers?

Real Deal Steel
12-25-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm frustrated as hell by this. With mostly an ineffective running game against good teams, we are going to need some turnovers. What can we do different going forward to get some turnovers?

I'm thinking of using more man coverage and bringing a bit more pressure at times. But I"m open for realistic, thought out suggestions.

mwittman5
12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm frustrated as hell by this. With mostly an ineffective running game against good teams, we are going to need some turnovers. What can we do different going forward to get some turnovers?

I'm thinking of using more man coverage and bringing a bit more pressure at times. But I"m open for realistic, thought out suggestions.

Woodley and Harrison haven't been on the field at the same time pretty much all season. When those two guys get after the QB the pressure causes turnovers.

Zachintosh66
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
woodley > harrison

LatrobePA
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Pressure pressure and more pressure!

Or just play Tyler Palko each week!!

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-25-2011, 05:33 PM
woodley > harrison

No...

Callax
12-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Turnovers are hot/cold things of the football team.... having healthy Harrison and Woodley on the field would greatly help..... sacks or pressure=turnovers

Nolrog
12-25-2011, 06:44 PM
They need to get pressure on the QB. That forces them to rush and make mistakes. Also helps to hold on to the ball when it hits you in the hands. Mostly pressure though.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2011, 06:55 PM
The defense is in position to make some turnovers they just aren't quite getting it done. Troy had his hands on 2 INT's on Saturday and just couldn't haul them in. Will Gay made a nice break on the ball and was able to knock it away but not get the INT.

They're making plays and stopping the opponents passing game, 1st in the NFL is pass defense but I too find it odd they aren't able to create the turnovers they are used to doing.

steelersbabex25
12-25-2011, 07:11 PM
woodley > harrison

In some aspects. Not overall.

Callax
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Harrison has a few good years left
Woodley could be dominate for about 10 more years

Harrison is better right now 2 years could be a BIG difference

StillersSound
12-25-2011, 09:46 PM
They are being conservative on D, 10 yard cushion's. They need to get up and press. They might get burned for a long touchdown or give up a first down but it happens. Keeping everything in front for 3 downs isn't going to cut it as we saw in the Ravens game and especially when the offense isn't clicking.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think come playoff time they will turn it up.

LatrobePA
12-25-2011, 09:53 PM
They better turn up the pressure...

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Lebeau needs to start pressing these receivers more often

DIESELMAN
12-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Kind of late to be worried about what to do about turnovers now. They talked about this 8-10 weeks ago, saying turnovers would come and fix itself. If the defense starts focusing to much and pressing to cause turnovers, the players will start missing their assignments, making mistakes and giving up big plays.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
It's a pretty safe assumption that the Steelers are not going to come out on the plus side of the takeaway/giveaway margin this year. That 7 turnover performance in week 1 put them behind the 8 ball from the start and they just couldn't recover.

You'd like to think the defense can pull out some INT's and fumble recovery's coming up but if they can't they'll have to win the old fashioned way.

Raleigh Steel
12-26-2011, 06:52 PM

i agree with this. force the QB's to throw into a smaller window. i think it would lead to more tip balls, or the QB holding on to it a littler longer which would allow the pressure to get to him for sacks and possibly fumbles.

steelersbabex25
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM

Bend don't break :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
IMO turnovers come because of pressure. Get pressure on the qb and the turnovers will come.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

coldrolled
12-27-2011, 11:00 AM

Play it like the Pats game, and we will get the turn overs and win every game.

Then, we just need BA to man up and buy Madden 2011 and upgrade some of his plays...

:cope::cope::cope:

Goodfrom55
12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Steelers are playing conservative coverage and the lack of pressure doesn't force the QB into getting rid of the ball early. Defense will either have to start playing tighter coverage, getting better push up the middle from the interior DL, or when they tackle, 1st defender stands up the runner, everyone else goes for the strip.