PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Browns kickoff time changed.....

DIESELMAN
12-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers' season finale next Sunday against the Browns in Cleveland was changed to a 4:15 p.m. kickoff to accommodate CBS. The game originally was set for a 1 p.m. start.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Hopefully CBS has the double header this coming week since FOX had it this weekend.

LarryNJ
12-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Good news right? If the Bengals beat the Ravens they are in and the game means something to us. If not it's a week off for those that need the rest.

bigplaysteel
12-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Hopefully CBS has the double header this coming week since FOX had it this weekend.

My first inclination when I saw this was "Wow that is good. The NFL finally does something which could be beneficial to the Steelers. I figured the Bal-Cin game would be on at 1pm and the Steelers would know and plan accordingly how to treat the Browns game.

I should have known better. The Baltimore-Cincinnati game is also on at 4pm.

As far as the doubleheader week 17 schedule goes. I looked at next Sundays listing and in the FOX 4pm slot on Channel 12 the Fox Pittsburgh outlet a game between Seattle and Arizona was listed. I laughed since when the Steelers are on CBS in either the 1pm or 4pm time slot the other network shows a game in the other time slot.

However, I did notice that both CBS and FOX had NFL games listed in the 1pm til 7 or 8pm time slots. A little checking I found this. Whether it is still in effect or not I do not know and really do not care to find out. If anyone has ever read or tried to read that crap about how the games are allotted --- it is very confusing. But anyway in the section "Doubleheader Allotments" from the Wikipedia site it ends with the following statement.

"Since 2006, both networks have aired a doubleheader in week 17.[10][11]

Nolrog
12-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Tell them 4:15 doesn't work for me. Change move it to Friday night around 6. I can fit it in then.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2011, 05:56 PM
As long as it's on TV that's the main thing but I too was hoping the Ravens game would be on at 1 instead. The NFL doesn't want that though, they want both teams fighting with all their starters in the season finale to draw more people to their TV's.

airbrake 1
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
another reason the schedule needs to be set in stone at the beginning of the season...the reason the NFL gave to allow the flex scheduleing is to get the best game on sunday night...oh well they moved the dallas-giants game to that spot...seems to me both dallas and the giants have inferior records to baltimore and cincinnati...why isn't the baltimore cincinnati game on sunday night....The networks figure dallas and Ny are bigger markets and more eyeballs will be viewing, this is not the better game as we were told we would be getting...it's time for the NFL to take back control from the networks and think about the fans who may have booked rooms and airfare to travel to these games... these are the people the NFL should be catering to

Callax
12-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Figures the NFL would NOT DO ANYTHING TO MAKE IT EASY FOR THE STEELERS

WOULD LOVE TO SEE PITT WIN THE SB and HAVE HARRISON TELL KING ROGER TO STICK IT!!!

LarryNJ
12-25-2011, 10:39 PM
another reason the schedule needs to be set in stone at the beginning of the season...the reason the NFL gave to allow the flex scheduleing is to get the best game on sunday night...oh well they moved the dallas-giants game to that spot...seems to me both dallas and the giants have inferior records to baltimore and cincinnati...why isn't the baltimore cincinnati game on sunday night....The networks figure dallas and Ny are bigger markets and more eyeballs will be viewing, this is not the better game as we were told we would be getting..
Dallas NY is a much better game than Ravens Bengals. It's for the division title, loser goes home. The Ravens are in no matter the outcome.

Clevelandsux
12-25-2011, 11:07 PM
All the Steelers need to do is beat the lowly Browns.

StlersGuy
12-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Good news right? If the Bengals beat the Ravens they are in and the game means something to us. If not it's a week off for those that need the rest.

The Bungals need this win to even have a chance for a playoff spot so hopfully they can pull it out

CowherPower
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM
The NFL certainly didn't do the Steelers any favors by moving this game to the late time slot. The sun will be down, it will get much colder there on the Mistake by the Lake. If there's rough weather in Cleveland you can bet he won't be playing at all.

I personally prefer the 1 oclock games. Late games are nice for the ratings but the waiting all day for them to come on sucks..LOL

StlersGuy
12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Now im reading they also moved the Rats/Bungals game to 415 also

Raleigh Steel
12-27-2011, 07:53 AM
i told my bengals fan buddy that if cincy wins the steelers are going to the super bowl. think he'll root for his team to not make the playoffs? :lol:

CowherPower
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
It sucks having to wait all day to watch the Steelers but man it will be worth it if the Bungals can knock the Ravens off their perch too.

Scorp
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you God for the late game.

Black&Gold Munch
12-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh Great!! Another Sunday where we don't get a home cooked Sunday evening dinner..LOL

coldrolled
12-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Out on new years eve, then out at 7am at cleveland stadium sounded rough.. the 4:15 game time is great.. we start at the stadium around noon now. that will help.

temp.. 44 they say.. better than a cold artic wind off the mistake at 4pm at around 10 degrees.

looking forward to seeing saunders, clay and c. allen play some....

connecticutsteel
12-31-2011, 04:28 PM
They changed the time cause of the senario involved if we played at 1 and lost the ravens would have pulled all there players . it's a reaction to what the colts and pats used to do as well as other teams so the tv ratings remain high after all isn't that who really make the desicions in the league

mos07
12-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Good - enough time to start drinking again after tonight...........hopefully it is not as disappointing as last week when I thought the Browns had a chance and the fins were up on the pats 17-0....everything was looking good then it fell completely apart.....

go Steelers!!!!!:cope::cope::cope:

go Bengals!!!!!!:crossfingers::crossfingers:

go buffalo!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

The Bills and Bengals??!!??!:banging::banging::banging: