PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are 2 wins and 1 Ravens loss away from a first roung bye.

tburg68
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks to Indy. Not probable, but Cincy will still be playing for their playoff lives next week.

mwittman5
12-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks to Indy. Not probable, but Cincy will still be playing for their playoff lives next week.

Several things point to the Bengals having a good chance to win:
1. Ravens play bad on the road.
2. Flacco has a history of losing to the Bengals.
3. Bengals have more to play for than the Ravens.
4. Boldin is out

Ultimately I expect the Ravens to win out and not blow the chance at the bye again. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did lose though so there is a chance I just think it doesn't happen.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I knew Houston would lose last night in Indy and the Steelers would still have a chance to get that number 2 seed if they win out and the Ravens lose one... Dont be surprised if the Browns with Seneca Wallace give the Rats a tough game tomorrow in Baltimore as well. It's still very possible so still a lot of football left to be played and determined these last few weeks...

North Steel
12-23-2011, 06:50 PM
With Flakco there's always a chance:yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I hope the Browns take out Ray Rice...would be awesome...lol

mwittman5
12-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope the Browns take out Ray Rice...would be awesome...lol

It'd only be fair. They took out our most important offensive player. :evilshake:

LatrobePA
12-23-2011, 08:17 PM
The browns run D is awful look for Rice to have a 200 yard day..

elephantman
12-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Several things point to the Bengals having a good chance to win:
1. Ravens play bad on the road.
2. Flacco has a history of losing to the Bengals.
3. Bengals have more to play for than the Ravens.
4. Boldin is out

Ultimately I expect the Ravens to win out and not blow the chance at the bye again. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did lose though so there is a chance I just think it doesn't happen.

You know..in 2008 and 2010, things clearly Fell nicely into place and we were fortunate to not have to play on the road in Tenn and and N.E.....we would not have played in 2 SB's had the Ravens and Jets not helped us...you can say we were a bit 'lucky' though many will just say 'they' didnt get the job done, but I know last yr my biggest Nightmare was playing The Pats.....so I see no reason why we the Ravens wont lose to the bengels, I said the ravens wouldnt lose to the chargers and they got a beat down. they suck on the road

I think we get 'lucky' again...though still likely have to travel to N.E. where we have a 50/50 shot at best

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2011, 10:57 AM
In the NFL, every super bowl winning team has some of Lady Lucks Graciousness fall their way during the season. There's not a championship team in history that didn't have a fluke call go their way, an lucky bounce on a fumble, a blown coverage late in the game by the defense, something that helps propel them to a win in a key game.

The Steelers have not had much of that this year, but today is a next step towards being ready and on a roll for the post season. The Rams stand in their way.

Nothing is settled yet and unless something bad happens today for the Steelers, we won't have it completely settled until next Sunday.

Raleigh Steel
12-24-2011, 11:18 AM
pull for the giants to beat the rex/jets. will give the bengals even more incentive to beat the ravens next week.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
They took another step today, next weekend is when it all goes down. Both teams play at 1pm so we'll know by dinner time if the Steelers can still take the division.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Steeler Brothern, take heart:

We will win next week and the Ravens will lose. We will get that first round bye. We all know the Ravens can't play on the road and they will come through with a loss to the Bengals. Bengals will go all out to win that game. All out.

DIESELMAN
12-24-2011, 10:33 PM
They took another step today, next weekend is when it all goes down. Both teams play at 1pm so we'll know by dinner time if the Steelers can still take the division.

Our kickoff time against the Browns has been changed to 4:15pm next Sunday.

Speeed
12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
And Marshal Yanda might have a broken rib or two. If that is the case, that could put him out for a few weeks.

DIESELMAN
12-24-2011, 11:07 PM

After what happened today, Cincy needs to win against the Rat turds and grab the 2nd wild card spot.

mwittman5
12-25-2011, 12:16 AM
There's a scenario where we play the texans in rd 2 and the patriots play the ravens in round 2.

IF the bengals win next week and steelers win

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Texans
4. Broncos/Raiders
5. Ravens
6. Bengals

playoffs round 1:
5 Ravens beat 4 Broncos/Raiders
3 Texans beat 6 Bengals

Round 2:
2 Steelers play 3 Texans
1 Patriots play 5 Ravens

This scenario would be AWESOME

Raleigh Steel
12-25-2011, 06:15 AM
There's a scenario where we play the texans in rd 2 and the patriots play the ravens in round 2.

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Texans
4. Broncos/Raiders
5. Ravens
6. Bengals

playoffs round 1:
3 Texans beat 6 Bengals

Round 2:
2 Steelers play 3 Texans
1 Patriots play 5 Ravens

that WOULD be awesome, but do you have confidence that TJ Yates could win a playoff game?

cmerrifield
12-25-2011, 06:19 AM
If the Bills win next week, along with Cincy and the Steelers, then the Steelers are the #1 seed.

LarryNJ
12-25-2011, 07:40 AM

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Texans
4. Broncos/Raiders
5. Ravens
6. Bengals

playoffs round 1:
3 Texans beat 6 Bengals

Round 2:
2 Steelers play 3 Texans
1 Patriots play 5 Ravens

Indeed.. Take it two steps further..
Ravens beat the Pats
Steelers beat Texans

AFC Championship
Steelers beat Ravens in Pittsburgh

nuclearchihuahuas
12-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Reading all your posts leads me to put something into print I never thought I would ever write:

I HOPE THE BENGALS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

How crazy is that?

Nolrog
12-25-2011, 12:59 PM
And best off, the Jets are pretty much eliminated. They need to win and then get tons and tons and tons of help to get that last spot.

Maybe that will finally shut up Rex for a bit.

coldrolled
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
And best off, the Jets are pretty much eliminated. They need to win and then get tons and tons and tons of help to get that last spot.

Maybe that will finally shut up Rex for a bit.

Schottenheimer maybe available if they decide he is the problem...

I say trade BA for Schott.

Real Deal Steel
12-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Todd Haley would be an upgrade over Arians. Haley is used to working with elite WR's like he had in Arizona.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-25-2011, 05:28 PM
For once in your life cincy do something right. Kick the Raging"s ***. Thank you.

Callax
12-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I could see the Ratbirds losing to the bungles.... they need to stop ray rice and they LOSE!!!!
RR has to have a great game for them to win, with Boldin out they have tpo focus on Rice Make him a nonfactor..

Jerome3236
12-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Pittsburgh can win the AFC North with a victory in Cleveland and a loss by Baltimore in Cincinnati. It can gain the top overall seeding in the conference with a win and losses by Baltimore and New England.

--- Added 12/28/2011 at 08:25 AM ---

If Rex flips off another fan and get another $100,000 fine maybe he'll realize he needs to find another line of work.