PDA

View Full Version : Batch to Start Against Rams

mwittman5
12-23-2011, 02:27 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#%21/SteelersDigest)

Good move

Charlie Batch will start (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%20name%20Batch%20starter%20for%20Rams%20g ame%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_773497.html#ixzz1hOZbLolT) at quarterback for the Steelers tomorrow, though Ben Roethlisberger may dress and serve as an emergency signal-caller.

Roethlisberger is listed as questionable for the 1 p.m. game against St. Louis, and he is one three Steelers starters that may not play against the Rams because of injuries.
The Steelers have already ruled out Maurkice Pouncey, making it the second-straight game the Pro Bowl center misses because of a high-ankle sprain. Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is listed as questionable because of a hamstring injury that has hampered him since the end of October.

Roethlisberger, who is nursing a high-ankle sprain, played the entire game last Monday night in San Francisco. He did not practice this week even though offense coordinator Bruce Arians said Thursday that Roethlisberger did not make his injured ankle worse by playing against the 49ers.

The Steelers, who have already clinched a playoff berth, have turned to Batch to lead them against a two-win Rams team that is in the midst of a five-game losing streak.
Batch has played sparingly this season and did not complete either of his pass attempts. The Homestead native will make his seventh start since joining the Steelers in 2002 and third since last season. The Steelers went 1-1 in games that Batch started last season due to Roethlisberger's suspension.

In other injury news, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot), running back Mewelde Moore (knee) and cornerback Curtis Brown (knee) have been ruled out for tomorrow. Outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) is questionable.

SteelDad
12-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Not surprising and the right move. Very curious to see what the decision is NEXT week.

steelchamp204
12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Damn Id like to see Clay play but its kool. I hope Batch see's some time

--- Added 12/23/2011 at 12:39 PM ---

O ****, I got the bath's mixed up my bad :(

Farrior Fan
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
We should win by at least 10 regardless of who starts at QB. I'm just hoping China Doll can complete a few passes early and we can establish the passing game because you know they will crowd the box. My only Christmas wish besides peace on earth and goodwill toward men and all that crap is that Ben is near 100% come playoff time.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Good. Batch would've never thrown those ints that Ben threw last Monday. Mosly because Batch can't throw that far....

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Damn, a management decision. Finally.

DIESELMAN
12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Batch is a game manager, all he has to do is be smart with the ball. Game planning for this game shouldn't be hard, establish a good running game, eat the clock, no turnovers and a relentless defense.

UKSTEELER
12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
And to think given the opportunity with a team that actually needed a QB, Dixon could have been a quality QB in this league? Now after all these years he's still lower down the pecking order than Charlie! Arians doesn't want him cus he'd have to think up some proper plays!

Rampage
12-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I really wanted to see Dixon. Replacing an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues with an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues? Alright.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Great old man Charlie....Here comes a loss to the Rams...lol

jpele
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm ok with Batch but would have liked to see Dixon get some time.

North Steel
12-23-2011, 04:55 PM
why in the hell can we not start dixon? if he starts stinking up the joint, pull him and then start batch.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, thank you Mike Tomlin for taking my advice when we talked earlier this week :D

This really is the right move, no question. If you expect Ben to try and get healthy for the post season you have to let him rest. Him staying "status quo" or "no worse for wear" after every game isn't going to cut it.

mwittman5
12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
The Rams secondary is atrocious as is their run D. Just a terrible defense. I wouldn't be surprise to see Batch throw 2 TD's and over 200 yds.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I expect Dixon to see some action at some point in this game and to make a few big plays possibly...

connecticutsteel
12-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I can't figure out why it is Bruce Arians decision to start Batch when ownership ,Team management,and the Head Coach thinks Dixon is a better Choice . Prediction Batch won't last the 1st quarter

Nolrog
12-23-2011, 05:49 PM
With the Colts beating the Texans last night, the Rams could wind up with the #1 pick. So they have incentive to lose.

--- Added 12/23/2011 at 03:49 PM ---

I can't figure out why it is Bruce Arians decision to start Batch when ownership ,Team management,and the Head Coach thinks Dixon is a better Choice . Prediction Batch won't last the 1st quarter

If Tomlin wanted Dixon to start, Dixon would start.

Speeed
12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey - wait a minute. . . what....come again.... oh I see what you did there.

:lol:

I really wanted to see Dixon. Replacing an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues with an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues? Alright.

--- Added 12/23/2011 at 04:01 PM ---

And I bet Arians comes out with an actual, usable, practical plan of attack. And the offense looks good, and not because Batch is not capable, but because he actually developed a strategy with the entire skill-set of the offense in mind, and not just by randomly picking obscure, nonsensical crap. Of course, this is Arians, who is fully capable of duping us, and even himself.

My thoughts are the O will look better than it has all year.

LatrobePA
12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Expect a snooze fest game.. Yaaaawwwwwnnnn!!

Speeed
12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Don't forget. Harrison is back . . .

Expect a snooze fest game.. Yaaaawwwwwnnnn!!

LatrobePA
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't forget. Harrison is back . . .

True, I hope he destroys someone!