PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Guessing on Ben Getting Ridiculous

SteelDad
12-22-2011, 08:34 PM
We all knew that Mike Tomlin's decision to play Ben in the San Francisco game would come with a certain amount doubt, debate and finger-pointing but it really needs to stop.

Had Ben and the Steelers found a way to win that game, the decision would be lauded and both Ben and Tomlin would be showered with praise for being tough and making the right call to keep the team headed for the #1 playoff seed. Instead, we lost and Ben played poorly so let the doubters come out!! Can you imagine the pasting Tomlin would have taken had he NOT played Ben?

The game is over, our playoff seed secure. Time to get healthy and time to get over it!

Steelersfan
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I have no problem with Ben starting. I have a problem when the game is basically out if reach and your injured starting QB is still in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LevonKirkland99
12-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Let all the Ben apologists come out...He played poorly and he had no business starting in that game. he didn't practice all week yet he wanted to play ... you get my drift.

5th seed to go to Denver? Ayayay

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Fans all over second guess Ben and why I have no idea. There is no tougher QB in the league that played through more injuries than he has. He refuses to let his team down. I would have a hard time questioning Ben himself for ever wanting to play.

I would question Tomlin at times for keeping him in games like last Monday night; as we've talked about sooner or later he needs to lay down the law with Ben and tell him it's time to rest, we'll need you later.

DIESELMAN
12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
We all knew that Mike Tomlin's decision to play Ben in the San Francisco game would come with a certain amount doubt, debate and finger-pointing but it really needs to stop.

Had Ben and the Steelers found a way to win that game, the decision would be lauded and both Ben and Tomlin would be showered with praise for being tough and making the right call to keep the team headed for the #1 playoff seed. Instead, we lost and Ben played poorly so let the doubters come out!! Can you imagine the pasting Tomlin would have taken had he NOT played Ben?

The game is over, our playoff seed secure. Time to get healthy and time to get over it!

Hindsight is a mother ****er for the critics. Your right, had Ben played better and won, we wouldn't be talking about this now.

jnes1216
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM
If the Steelers would have won I can honestly say I still would have second guessed Tomlin's decision to start Ben. I would have just thought that San Fran was over rated and the only two teams they beat of any significance was Cincy and Detroit.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM

AMEN !!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Let all the Ben apologists come out...He played poorly and he had no business starting in that game. he didn't practice all week yet he wanted to play ... you get my drift.

5th seed to go to Denver? Ayayay

Yea since Batch or Dixon (who hadn't played a snap all season) would have gave the Steelers a better chance to win....lol Ben gave the Steelers the best chance to win even with him not practicing due to his ankle......

tracypa35
12-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree Big Ben was the best option

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Case in point where a guy like Ben will never willingly go off the field. If he's not going to play the coaches are going to have to make that call and sit him down.

`I told coach (Mike Tomlin) even if I'm five percent, I'm ready to play,'' Roethlisberger said (http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/article?action=viewArticle&articleId=11592060&team=nfl-pittsburgh_steelers&tid=msp).

LatrobePA
12-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Doesn't matter now, the D couldn't get pressure on Smith and he made them pay...

igor0190
12-23-2011, 02:11 PM
There was a point in that game where he definately should have been pulled imo. He wasn't playing well, had no mobility (sitting duck back there). The game was getting outta hand and they should have put Dixon in the game, not Batch. Bring another element, change it up, see if you can spark some big plays. He throws a pick 6, big deal... game was pretty much over anyways. Risk/Reward

StillersSound
12-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not a Caps fan so regular season accolades don't excite me. I wish he would have got the injured players ready for the playoffs. Didn't Woodley re-tweak his hammy too? Just all around fail.

connecticutsteel
12-24-2011, 04:40 AM
Fans all over second guess Ben and why I have no idea. There is no tougher QB in the league that played through more injuries than he has. He refuses to let his team down. I would have a hard time questioning Ben himself for ever wanting to play.

I would question Tomlin at times for keeping him in games like last Monday night; as we've talked about sooner or later he needs to lay down the law with Ben and tell him it's time to rest, we'll need you later.

BRC I would agree but even when Leftwich is healthy we don't have a competant back up maybe Dixxon but he fell out of favor.we could have grabbed yates or orlovsky. I know it's hind sight but we have known for years that one reason ben plays hurt is he knows that there are jabroneys behind him.

Steelersfan
12-24-2011, 05:53 AM
BRC I would agree but even when Leftwich is healthy we don't have a competant back up maybe Dixxon but he fell out of favor.we could have grabbed yates or orlovsky. I know it's hind sight but we have known for years that one reason ben plays hurt is he knows that there are jabroneys behind him.

Can you tell me a team that actually has one? There's a reason they are back ups and not starters.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk