PDA

View Full Version : Stadium's blackouts cue conspiracy talk

Scorp
12-21-2011, 01:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ryan-Clark-thinks-MNF-power-outage-was-a-conspir?urn=nfl-wp14337

James Harrison thought the lights went out at Candlestick Park on Monday night because he wasn't in the building for such a big game. His teammate, Ryan Clark, thinks the lights went out precisely because it was a big game. (Cue "X-Files" music.)

[Related: Biggest stadium mishaps in recent history]

The Pittsburgh Steelers safety told the San Francisco Chronicle that he believed Monday night's double power outage was planned by civic leaders or team officials to highlight the inadequacy of the 51-year-old stadium. Earlier this week, Santa Clara's city council endorsed a deal to approve funds for a new stadium, provided the NFL contributes at least $150 million.

"I just feel like San Francisco took a big stage to show the NFL and to show the state of California that they needed a new stadium," said Clark, who is also probably a big fan of those moon landing hoax specials on the Discovery Channel. "I think it was a very strategic move and Candlestick may be no more very soon."

Whether or not it would come down in a controlled demolition, Clark didn't say.

steelchamp204
12-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Seriously, he just needs to stfu. Just more bulletin board for steeler haters to bash on us about

connecticutsteel
12-21-2011, 01:40 AM
I lived in california and there are some scandleous people in the government out there he's probably not to far from the truth

StillinBaltimore
12-21-2011, 08:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ryan-Clark-thinks-MNF-power-outage-was-a-conspir?urn=nfl-wp14337

James Harrison thought the lights went out at Candlestick Park on Monday night because he wasn't in the building for such a big game. His teammate, Ryan Clark, thinks the lights went out precisely because it was a big game. (Cue "X-Files" music.)

[Related: Biggest stadium mishaps in recent history]

The Pittsburgh Steelers safety told the San Francisco Chronicle that he believed Monday night's double power outage was planned by civic leaders or team officials to highlight the inadequacy of the 51-year-old stadium. Earlier this week, Santa Clara's city council endorsed a deal to approve funds for a new stadium, provided the NFL contributes at least $150 million.

"I just feel like San Francisco took a big stage to show the NFL and to show the state of California that they needed a new stadium," said Clark, who is also probably a big fan of those moon landing hoax specials on the Discovery Channel. "I think it was a very strategic move and Candlestick may be no more very soon."

Whether or not it would come down in a controlled demolition, Clark didn't say.

All X-files aside... that was the first thing that popped in my head when it happened! Would you put it past a hargaough?

UKSTEELER
12-21-2011, 09:17 AM
A blackout and no Steeler fan sidled up behind Arians and suffocated him! jeez!:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I was listening to cooler talk after the game like I always do and some dude who said he was a Steelers fan called in and told Joe Bendel that he thought the 49ers planned to screw up the Steelers on national TV :lol:

StillinBaltimore
12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
A blackout and no Steeler fan sidled up behind Arians and suffocated him! jeez!:banging:

You have shamed us all for our lack of vigilance. Hit hurts but someone had to point it out. I applaud you! lmao

LatrobePA
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I just wish while it was dark in there someone would of kidnapped Arians!

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I just wish while it was dark in there someone would of kidnapped Arians!

Well they kind of did.....SOMEONE stole the correct play book and ran off like a thief in the night.....hence HORRIBLE play calling!!!! Just sayin............

LatrobePA
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Well they kind of did.....SOMEONE stole the correct play book and ran off like a thief in the night.....hence HORRIBLE play calling!!!! Just sayin............

That's the only light bulb going off that effected the team...

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
That's the only light bulb going off that effected the team...

:yesnod:

WindyCityShaker
12-21-2011, 03:13 PM
--- Added 12/21/2011 at 01:13 PM ---

Disregard earlier post, wasn't posted by me, only a jealous Steeler hater.