PDA

View Full Version : With Mewelde out, a roster move could be coming

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Tomlin said today that a roster move could be coming this week because Mewelde Moore has a sprained MCL and will be out this week. With Jonathan Dwyer already on IR that leaves only 2 healthy backs available until or if Moore can return.

Steelers running back Mewelde Moore (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/1198160-100.stm#ixzz1h8vVUSpx) has an MCL sprain and will not play in the game against the St. Louis Rams Saturday at Heinz Field.

Moore was the only player who sustained an injury of significance in the 20-3 loss at San Francisco Monday night.

Would you be comfortable going the rest of the regular season with just Mendenhall and Redman? I would say you are almost going to have make some type of move on a temporary basis to bring in some help just in case.

They do have John Clay and Chad Spann both on the practice squad that they could activate for this week.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2011, 12:31 AM
great another injury...this team just can't catch a break with injuries this year......its the biggest reason why I think this team will be one and done in the play-offs...this team is just a really banged up football team.....its a miracle they're 10-4.......

connecticutsteel
12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Can they take Baron Batch off IR?

uclkyle
12-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Can they take Baron Batch off IR?

Nope.

coldrolled
12-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Baron is fine were he is, maybe he will start a new season with a new oc..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 08:26 AM
It's unfortunate that the NFL doesn't have some type of injured reserve for players where they can be put on for half the season and then be activated without losing a full roster spot. Honestly there are times when players do things like break their arm like Byron Leftwich did, where they can heal up in maybe 6-8 weeks but teams have to put them on IR to gain that roster spot back to sign a replacement.

In any event, I doubt they bring in anyone from the outside right now unless they really feel that John Clay can't handle the workload. Perhaps he's improved enough this year that they may have confidence in him to get him on the field.

MDSteel15
12-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Put Dixon back there and let him run the ball! He's got the speed to get outside... At least we wouldn't be paying him to not dress!

LatrobePA
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Most teams have a FB that can fill in in a pinch, this team and dumb **** Arians don't believe in that...

Besides that who needs a RB when you have an OC that wants to throw 90% of the time??

coldrolled
12-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Most teams have a FB that can fill in in a pinch, this team and dumb **** Arians don't believe in that...

Besides that who needs a RB when you have an OC that wants to throw 90% of the time??

Plus, his running plays are so diverse.. wow.. sign him another year...:greenbounce2:

steelersbabex25
12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
When did Mewelde get injured? Was it during the game? Did I miss something?

LatrobePA
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
When did Mewelde get injured? Was it during the game? Did I miss something?

Garbage time at the end, he was down for a while...

You better believe Arians will be back next year...

Ben loves him, but then again Ben also loved BJ's in bathrooms and we saw where that got him!

steelersbabex25
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Garbage time at the end, he was down for a while...

You better beleive Arians will be back next year...

Oh that would be why I don't remember.

Farrior Fan
12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
yeah, I turned it off a few minutes after Memo went down.

Hey! Tiki is still a FA right? lol

jpele
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Fast Willie would come back in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Fast Willie would definitely come back in a heart beat. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised that nobody at least gave him a serious look. I know he's not what he used to be and his speed is no longer there but he'd be a warm body to dress in a pinch that has experience.

That being said he wouldn't last 2 seconds behind our offensive line.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
This in from our friend Chuck Finder at CBS Sports

The Steelers have yet to make a formal roster move, but practice-squad RB John Clay already prepared as if he could replace third-down back Mewelde Moore (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/493016/mewelde-moore), who’s doubtful with an MCL sprain. “We had a little test,” Clay said of a Wednesday morning session. “I took the reps in the walk-through.”

Goodfrom55
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Not a big deal, dress Clay and wipe your a$$ with the Rams and the Browns.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Using Clay in a 3rd down role is like putting a lesser Isaac Redman out there. He doesn't exactly fit the mold of a 3rd down back and honestly do you trust him in blitz pickup like you would Moore or even Redman or Mendenhall?

Redman had a bad game on Monday night in blitz pickup but he's usually pretty solid in that role. I with they'd use Redman more on 3rd downs; the dude can catch and has a knack for finding the sticks.