PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Tomlin In...Update, No coach named yet !

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 03:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/20/steelers.coach/index.html

If this is true Congrats and GO STEELERS !!!

Do I get an award for the first to post this if it's true???

Koopa
01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
i'll give you 100 g in points if it's true

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Well now! About time if it is true!

Iron City South
01-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Finally, the wait is over .... :tt02:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/20/steelers.coach/index.html

Koopa
01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
if this is true, i think it's a great hire, he's who i've wanted since they narrowed it down to 3.......even though i was saying i want one of three, you will notice i always put tomlin's name first lol.........i always read good stuff about him, players seem to like him, and stuff of that nature, he's gonna win a superbowl his first year with us lol

steelcurtain09
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
its tomlin

floodcitygirl
01-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow! I'm surprised. I thought Grimm had it for sure.

Welcome Mike Tomlin! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!! :tt02:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Didn't ya see the other thread ?? A little slow guys...lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
i'll give you 100 g in points if it's true

I want a beer instead...lol

Koopa
01-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I want a beer instead...lol

wtf, you rather have a fake beer then 100,000 points..........alright i guess so lol

AZ_Steeler
01-20-2007, 04:14 PM
MErged two posts tohether because they were pointing to the same story...

Hopefully the wait is over, I would happy with Tomlin because they final 3 all sounded good to me although I was pulling for Grimm :dunno: just glad the wait is over!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
wtf, you rather have a fake beer then 100,000 points..........alright i guess so lol

I missed that " G" part ok how about 999,995 and a beer?? lol

I said all along from outside the organization...

Blitzburgh55
01-20-2007, 04:25 PM
The vigkins were last in the pass last year:dunno:

Koopa
01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
The vigkins were last in the pass last year:dunno:

it's hard when you have no talent and injuries in the backfield.....it's also hard when you don't have any talent to get pressure on the qb.......you can't base a coach totally off of what place he was in....he did good for what he had, and he didn't have nowhere near the talent he is gonna have here, or that rivera got to work with that is making him look very good...........

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 04:32 PM
I feel bad for Grimm but maybe it's not in the Cards to be a HC...

Stairwayto7
01-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Just saw it on the ticker! Surprise Surprise!

Did not see it coming!

Blitzburgh55
01-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I feel bad for Grimm but maybe it's not in the Cards to be a HC...

He can always go to the raiders:hilarious:

Koopa
01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
He can always go to the raiders:hilarious:

now that's just plain out mean lol

i found this post over at another site, i liked what they said

He comes from the buccaneers coaching family that so far has consisted of marvin lewis, Lovie Smith, Rod marinelli, herman edwards, and even there current coordinator isnt to shabby himself. In Mike Tomlins 5 years in Tampa he helped take the bucs to the number one defense twice. His guidence currently has the vikings defense rated number 12. At the age of 34 he is a young and up and comming head coach. And if hired at the age of 34 he would ironically enough be the same age as bill cowher was when Cowher came to the steelers. I think Tomlin would be a great choice and keep the steeler legacy alive

i really hope the signing is for real, cause it sounds like he's gonna be good for us

Prosdo
01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I agree. I like this hire. I think Tomlin will be good for the organization.

floodcitygirl
01-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Just heard someone say that Mortensen is saying the hire is NOT true. :dunno: :banging:

Prosdo
01-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Really? All the Pittsburgh radio is saying Tomlin is in? Hmm....

Blitzburgh55
01-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Its gonna be Tomlin what does mortenson know

BBG7
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
ESPNNews says Tomlin is saying it's not true

Prosdo
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Very odd.....

floodcitygirl
01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I heard SI is writing a retraction......

BBG7
01-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah...maybe a story got leaked and he is the guy the Steelers want, but no deal has been struck yet!! I dunno, but this is very strange

Prosdo
01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
This is too odd.

BBG7
01-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Just when we thought the wait is over...we find out it's not true. I have to believe there is some truth to this, but it's just not official yet. Why else would SI report it???

BBG7
01-20-2007, 05:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732197
here is ESPNs report

Prosdo
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Damnit!

58Lambert
01-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I thought SI would be pretty reliable... guess not :dunno: . I would still be surprised if the Steelers did not wait for Rivera's second interview. I personally would like either Tomlin or Rivera :helmet:

Koopa
01-20-2007, 05:33 PM
that's gay, i hope it's not grimm, i think i'm gonna hope we lose ever game if grimm gets the job, he will not be a good head coach, he'll be a cowher part 2 in big games.......**** i hate the rooney's

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Tomlin himself is saying he has not been offered the job. WTF

SteelerNation
01-20-2007, 06:00 PM
What did i tell you guys. its not going to be riva. w/e his name. But just because it was denied dont mean there was not a offer made under the table and if there was then. Even the roonies will deney it intill he or his agent accepts. the offer

Steelerlyn
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I do not believe this at all. Simply because the Rooneys think too much of their fans, in other words when the Rooneys hire someone we will hear it from the Rooneys not some rag.

SteelerFan87
01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Tomlin seems like a good guy, but I don't think he's the best guy for the Steelers. The Vikings had a great run D but a horrible pass D. The Steelers don't need a coach to make them good at run D, because they already are great at it. We need help with our pass D and to get back to the blitzing of 05. Furthermore, if Tomlin or Rivera is hired, LeBeau will probably be gone, and I woud hate to lose such a great defensive mind.

As for the offense, our future is tied to Ben Roethlisberger. He's going into his 4th year, coming off a terrible season. This is a crucial time for his development. We can't afford to screw him up with new coaches like we did to Kordell Stewart. Which is also why it is imperative that we don't let Mark Whipple go to Arizona to be Whiz's OC.

Also, Whiz and Grimm were considered by everyone to be the frontrunners for the job. Hiring someone else will send a bad message to the players, IMO, because it will look like we strung Whiz and Grimm along and then screwed them both.

BR7
01-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I was actually shocked when I first started reading this thread.. I would have thought they'd atleast wait until Monday after the Bears lose Sunday to see what Rivera has to offer.

So now seeing as Tomlin isn't a lock (or is he, lol?) kinda makes sense. I'd be happy with any of the 3, but looks like Grimm might be the odd man out. I think Tomlin probably is the front runner and unless Rivera impresses, will probably get the nod over Grimm.

DIESELMAN
01-20-2007, 07:39 PM
"It is untrue," Tomlin told ESPN.com. "I have no idea where it's coming from. I have not talked to the Rooneys today."
As big as this story is, every sports news station out there wants to be the first to announce it. But then again once they start denying it 9 times out of 10 its true.:dunno:

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Thought you guy's would enjoy a little trucker HUMOR :greengrin:
Here's you a Joke I heard awhile back or I should say poem !
Here I sit on the POOPER ,,,Tried to give birth to a new state TROOPER !
All I did was fart and pee,,,Guess I'll call it a D.O.T :lol:
BLITZBURGH :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: NATION

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
This just sucks! It's like they are toying with us!......lol

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 07:57 PM
HAHA! Gotta remember that for some truck drivers at work.

Iron City South
01-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Tomlin seems like a good guy, but I don't think he's the best guy for the Steelers. The Vikings had a great run D but a horrible pass D.

LMAO .... listen to what you just said. :scratch:

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for the Steelers! :tt02:

K Train
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
i just got home, is he our coach or not?

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Nope, he isn't....lol

steelcurtain09
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Nope, he isn't....lol

Not yet tht is...

this whole thing is confusin me

SteelerNation
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
TOMLIN IS NOT THE HC OF THE STEELERS YET. ALL THIS RANTIN AND RAVEN. IS NOT DOING ANY GOOD YET. JUST KEEP UR BEERS ON HAND AND UR TOWLS IN THE OTHER AND WHEN TOMLINS AGENT ACCEPTS THE OFFER THEN JUST THEN WE CAN ALL PARTY AND START A NEW ERA. BUT INTILL THEN THE REPORT WAS FALSE AND NOT TRUE IN ANY WAY.

But there is hope www.espn.com did report early that tomlins agent may have been offerd a contract and money . how much or how long is un known.
but so people dont tear me apart :) here is a link to confirm what i just said.

www.espn.com -------- look under steeler news.
www.steelers.com -------- as much as i hate them at that form read the posts there are more links.. now remember this is just my :2cents: on this matter.:popcorn:

Koopa
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
lol, about tomlin's secondary, it's not his fault he had no real talent back there. the talent we have here punks their talent, and they may have been good against the rush, but his players couldn't get any pressure on the qb which makes the passing look worse, we got ppl that can pressure the qb if they are playing to their level.......this years steelers didn't play very good cause they seemed satisfied after winning a superbowl, if we get tomlin he'll have a defense that is hungry as hell.......

damn i hope the rooney's and tomlin are just denying it just so they can work out the contract and then announce when he's signed on the dotted line

K Train
01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Not yet tht is...

this whole thing is confusin me

your confused? i worked for 14 hours without any outside civilazation contact and get home to see tomin is our coach and tomlin isnt our coach lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 09:05 PM
No, this is definately not true, Tomlin denied even talking to the Rooney's since his 2nd interview, this is most definately false as of now.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 09:09 PM
TOMLIN IS NOT THE HC OF THE STEELERS YET. ALL THIS RANTIN AND RAVEN. IS NOT DOING ANY GOOD YET. JUST KEEP UR BEERS ON HAND AND UR TOWLS IN THE OTHER AND WHEN TOMLINS AGENT ACCEPTS THE OFFER THEN JUST THEN WE CAN ALL PARTY AND START A NEW ERA. BUT INTILL THEN THE REPORT WAS FALSE AND NOT TRUE IN ANY WAY.

But there is hope www.espn.com did report early that tomlins agent may have been offerd a contract and money . how much or how long is un known.
but so people dont tear me apart :) here is a link to confirm what i just said.

www.espn.com -------- look under steeler news.
www.steelers.com -------- as much as i hate them at that form read the posts there are more links.. now remember this is just my :2cents: on this matter.:popcorn:

I merged this is in with the main thread.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 09:13 PM
SI writer stands by his story.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=24002@kdka.dayport.com

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
My uncle who lives in the Pittsburgh area just called me and said that he heard it will be official Monday that Mike Tomlin will be named HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers. So for those who live in the Pittsburgh area can you back this up?

steelcurtain09
01-20-2007, 09:24 PM
SI writer stands by his story.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=24002@kdka.dayport.com

tht clears it up some....

Koopa
01-20-2007, 09:29 PM
My uncle who lives in the Pittsburgh area just called me and said that he heard it will be official Monday that Mike Tomlin will be named HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers. So for those who live in the Pittsburgh area can you back this up?

what sucks about that, is monday is my long day at school, now this is all that's gonna be on my mind, and i have no real way of knowing..........someone text me monday if it's announced while i'm in school lol

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 01:08 AM
This head coaching search is more confusing than figuring out how to video tape a show and watch another at the same time. ESPN is reporting that Tomlin is next. Fox Sports has an article where Tomlin is declining the rumors, and all the Pittsburgh papers are hush-hush.
Will somebody please stand up and answer what in the world is going on. For a job of prestige, there sure is a lot of uncertainty. I can't understand why with one day away from the outcome of the Bears game are the Steelers supposedly naming a coach when they could have a possible second interview with Rivera. Which I thought the Rooney's announced,l that there were 3 ppl in the final search and Grimm, Tomlin and Rivera were the 3. If Rivera does not get a final interview how can he be in the final search?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 02:36 AM
This is all the media hyping up the story, the Rooneys would not do this. When they say something you can bank on it, until then nobody knows.

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 03:57 AM
As of 1 hour ago.....

In what Tomlin said was his only phone interview of the night, he told FOXSports.com that the Steelers said they want to sleep on their decision overnight, and that no decision has been made yet.
"I hope I get it but these stories are driving me crazy," said Tomlin, who is a candidate to replace the departed Bill Cowher. "It's just not true. And I really hope they don't have an effect on the final decision, whichever way they go."

SI.com, Sports Illustrated's Web site, reported Saturday the Steelers have decided on Tomlin - a story that clearly caught the team off guard. Steelers owner Dan Rooney told later told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "There's nothing to that story on the wire," in regard to the SI.com story.

A person with knowledge of the search denied Tomlin has been hired, telling the AP that not only has the job not been offered but there have been no contract negotiations. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Steelers do not want details of the search made public until they have made their choice.

Some of these have probably been posted already sorry if they have...just killin time lol

Koopa
01-21-2007, 04:01 AM
but espn and si ain't backing off their stories................tribune is just being bitches and trying to turn me into the real iceman so i can kill ppl lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 04:04 AM
but espn and si ain't backing off their stories................tribune is just being bitches and trying to turn me into the real iceman so i can kill ppl lol

Just relax and take it easy Koopa (Iceman). I still think it will be Tomlin bro.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Grimm

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 04:10 AM
I'd say either way the Steelers will still be the Mother ****ers next season....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 04:11 AM
I'd say either way the Steelers will still be the Mother ****ers next season....

Oh hell yea. The Steelers are always the Mother ****ers of the NFL. There is only one team that matters and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 04:11 AM
its all good Koop.....go drink a beer for me bro...

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 04:13 AM
Oh hell yea. The Steelers are always the Mother ****ers of the NFL. There is only one team that matters and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

You got that right 32..........no matter if its rain or shine....snow or tornadoes. Steelers ****ing Rule!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 04:16 AM
You got that right 32..........no matter if its rain or shine....snow or tornadoes. Steelers ****ing Rule!!!!!

The Steelers Rule and the Steeler Nation rules as well. The bond the Steelers fans have with their Steelers is a special thing and what makes the Steeler Nation one of kind.

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 04:23 AM
The Steelers Rule and the Steeler Nation rules as well. The bond the Steelers fans have with their Steelers is a special thing and what makes the Steeler Nation one of kind.

2007 will be a great season. We have lots of talent and alot of potential.....HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 04:24 AM
2007 will be a great season. We have lots of talent and alot of potential.....HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I'm so pumped for the season and I can't wait. Hell Deisel you need to get your *** back to the States so maybe we could attend a game at Heinz this year.:tt02:

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Dude I'm so pumped for the season and I can't wait. Hell Deisel you need to get your *** back to the States so maybe we could attend a game at Heinz this year.:tt02:

I was just thinking that the other day....Hell yes!!!!!!!! I'll be done here by July...plenty of time to plan THE ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2007, 04:31 AM
I was just thinking that the other day....Hell yes!!!!!!!! I'll be done here by July...plenty of time to plan THE ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

Hell yea bro.:tt02:

SteelersWoman
01-21-2007, 05:52 AM
your confused? i worked for 14 hours without any outside civilazation contact and get home to see tomin is our coach and tomlin isnt our coach lol

You think YOU'RE confused ktrain? I just read on another Steelers site that according to the Trib, GRIMM was given the go ahead. :lol:

So two different sources, two completely opposite stories...none of knows WHAT the heck's goin on, or which source is right...guess we'll know when we hear the Rooneys actually announcing it :dunno:

My husband and (oldest) son think I'm nuts to even discuss it or worry about it at all--all I know is that if someone's able to not even think about it, you're a better man (or woman) than EYE am :bigthumb:

rainman
01-21-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_489602.html

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, January 21, 2007

Russ Grimm has been offered and has accepted the Steelers' head coaching position, a source in Pittsburgh confirmed late Saturday.
Grimm, 47, succeeds Bill Cowher, who coached the Steelers for 15 seasons before resigning Jan. 5. The hiring of Grimm will be announced Monday at a news conference.

ESPN and SI.com, Sports Illustrated's Web site, reported yesterday that Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin had been chosen to replace Cowher.

An NFL source confirmed yesterday that Tomlin had not heard from the Steelers and no contract negotiations had taken place

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_489602.html

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, January 21, 2007

Russ Grimm has been offered and has accepted the Steelers' head coaching position, a source in Pittsburgh confirmed late Saturday.
Grimm, 47, succeeds Bill Cowher, who coached the Steelers for 15 seasons before resigning Jan. 5. The hiring of Grimm will be announced Monday at a news conference.

ESPN and SI.com, Sports Illustrated's Web site, reported yesterday that Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin had been chosen to replace Cowher.

An NFL source confirmed yesterday that Tomlin had not heard from the Steelers and no contract negotiations had taken place
Been hearing this all night bro....

DIESELMAN
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
I just read that somewhere else too....I'm not getting excited anymore..lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Hell no Im not excited anymore either, I spent all last night being mad cuz I thought it was Tomlin, then happy cuz maybe it was Grimm, now who the hell knows.

Stairwayto7
01-21-2007, 10:37 AM
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
????????????????????????????????
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Closing this thread since we have a couple other already that have covered this 9 ways to sunday and we still dont know a damn thing - SA Staff