PDA

View Full Version : Arians Abandoned Run Too Soon in Second Quarter

SteelDad
12-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I am not suggesting we be a running team but we were at least keeping the D honest with some runs. Then Arians went pass happy with 7-8 straight passes which got us nowhere because the Niners started teeing off. Arians must go.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
I am not suggesting we be a running team but we were at least keeping the D honest with some runs. Then Arians went pass happy with 7-8 straight passes which got us nowhere because the Niners started teeing off. Arians must go.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

When the run is working then we go pass...When the pass is working then we go run......seems like when ever the offense is in sync and moving the ball BA goes away from whatever is working....Just stupid......Like after that Cotchery big gain......Pass is working and the Steelers are moving the ball with the pass....run on 1st and 10 at around the 30....stuffed and which leads to a 3rd and 10....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 01:44 AM
The frustrating part tonight for me was the predictability of the offense. Every time they hit a nice pass play for a first down they followed it up with a run play for no gain. That's something we have seen time and time again in the redzone this year and in years past but not something you usually see between the 20's.

This was something where the offense just couldn't get anything going consistently and the turnovers didn't help either. I would say maybe they should have stuck with the run a little early on to take the pressure off Ben but I suppose Arians though they could exploit the 49ers secondary more. In theory maybe that is the case when have your starting Center, Right Guard, and QB healthy.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Hopefully Arians abandones the Steelers at the end of the season :crossfingers:

BR7
12-20-2011, 02:05 AM
I now see what the deal is. I had to pause the tv and zoom in 10000000%. Honestly, it explains it all. I suspected it for a while now and I think the other end of the headset is connected to a gatorade jug.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9892/badyh.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 02:27 AM
As much as I want to bitch and complain tonight, that's pretty funny man!!!!

It's a hot topic on the post game show this evening, giving up on the run too early. It's almost like they felt the need to prove to the world that Ben could play and try and to fake out the 49ers by allowing Ben to throw more since he's hurt.

So we go up against a team that is #1 against the run, and we run the ball somewhat effectively but then give up on it for over a quarter and try to regain it later on with inconsistent results. Typical....

StillinBaltimore
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM
When Ben throws for over 300... and we aren't routing the other team... its a loss EVERY TIME!

LatrobePA
12-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Hopefully Arians abandones the Steelers at the end of the season :crossfingers:

I love it! lolololololol

steelspikes
12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!! The high-powered Bruce Arians' offensive machine now ranks lower in points-per-game than TEBOW!!!!!!!

DIESELMAN
12-20-2011, 01:56 PM
BA doesn't have a football imagination. He has no clue as to the flow of the game, how to get into one, recognize that the offense is in a rhythm and keeping it going. He's predictable, pathetic and he's killin the offense.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Could you imagine Bruce Arians calling for a PA pass at the opponents goal line like the 49ers did yesterday? Sigh...

BR7
12-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Could you imagine Bruce Arians calling for a PA pass at the opponents goal line like the 49ers did yesterday? Sigh...

Oh, I can imagine it. He uses PA when we have no threat of a run game. So I know that call would be made and Ben would eat it for a 10 yard loss because nobody on the defense would be threatened by the run game.

That play is money for probably 31 teams in the NFL.

Goodfrom55
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Could you imagine Bruce Arians calling for a PA pass at the opponents goal line like the 49ers did yesterday? Sigh... And throwing it to one of our 3 talented TE's? Put it on your Christmas List.

Arians has to go for many reasons, but for me, simply for a breath of fresh air - a new offensive perspective.