PDA

View Full Version : What is it about Mendy?

Stairwayto7
12-20-2011, 12:20 AM
I know we all debate whether or not he or Redman should get the most carries. And is he really our future? Then there is the dancing at the line of scrimmage. But more than anything I think I finally figured out what it is, I dont trust him to hold on to the ball. Each carry it looks like the ball is coming out. And so many times it the ball comes out when a knee is down. I know thats not a fumble but I just dont trust his ball carrying skills! If we have a chance in either the 1st or 2nd round and a stud back was available i would take him!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Mendenhall actually had a decent night over all in my opinion. 15 carries for 64 yds equals to about a 4.2 ypc average. Anytime you can get over 4 yards per carry you're doing something right. The offensive line was a disaster tonight, so all those yards he got was all Mendenhall. The few times they did block well on those draw plays were few and far between in the grand scheme of the game.

Redman was really just flat out awful tonight, especially in pass protection.

Stairwayto7
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Mendenhall actually had a decent night over all in my opinion. 15 carries for 64 yds equals to about a 4.2 ypc average. Anytime you can get over 4 yards per carry you're doing something right. The offensive line was a disaster tonight, so all those yards he got was all Mendenhall. The few times they did block well on those draw plays were few and far between in the grand scheme of the game.

I agree, he didnt run bad, like I said though I dont trust him to not give it up

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh believe me bro, he was giving me a damn heart attack every time he carried the ball. He makes that patented Mendenhall spin move and holds that ball out there like a loaf of bread just waiting to be knocked away. You're just asking for a turnover when you do that. He ran hard tonight, I have him all the credit in the world but my goodness Rashard, wrap up that ball when you hit traffic.

Moondog
12-20-2011, 01:27 AM
It really is amazing, now that I think about it, that he hasn't fumbled the ball more than he has.

JensK
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Strange time to pick this topic up imo. He was pretty much the only bright spot the whole night. He ran really well against a team which you don't run on. You can't really fault him for our coaching staff being morons.

LatrobePA
12-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Mendy running with a purpose last night... Not his fault our guys got NO push!

Goodfrom55
12-20-2011, 03:20 PM

Thank you. As for the fumbles, he fumbled once when Ngata destroyed him on opening day. How is he gonna be a 1000 yard rusher or feature back when he touches the ball 15 times?

CowherPower
12-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I read today that Mendenhall also has some bruised ribs that will limit him in practice this week. According to Tomlin he said he should be able to go on Saturday.

That's good news because Mewelde Moore has a sprained MCL and is definitely out for this week.

I would look for Redman and Mendenhall to have big games this coming week against the Rams. Assuming Ben does not play you would think that these 2 will get a pretty hefty workload to take the pressure off of Charlie Batch.

I understand you want to throw against the Rams, and why not. Take your chances on some deep throws, try and hit some big passes down the middle in the intermediate flat but run the ball because Batch is not exactly Big Ben.

Give Mendenhall some credit for showing some tough running ability these last few weeks especially. In the midst of offensive line changes yet again he's been able to churn out some big runs.

jpele
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I won't argue about the way Mendy carries the ball, it's only a matter of time til it cost him.

As for last night 64 yds on 25 carries against the 49ers is a pretty good night . Problem is he was only givin 15 carries.

If ever there was a game that need a huge dose of Mendy and Redman it was last night , thank you Tomlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodfrom55
12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I won't argue about the way Mendy carries the ball, it's only a matter of time til it cost him.

As for last night 64 yds on 25 carries against the 49ers is a pretty good night . Problem is he was only givin 15 carries.

If ever there was a game that need a huge dose of Mendy and Redman it was last night , thank you Tomlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnovers notwithstanding and of course, Suisham chunking another makeable FG, it wasn't until late in the 4th that the game was "out of reach". with a potential 1 score game, Mendy should have been more of a factor. But as usual, Arians missed the memo.