PDA

View Full Version : Woodley goes out again with hamstring; time to shut him down?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Woodley went out of the game at the start of the 4th quarter. That hamstring just won't heal up. he didn't return the rest of the game. Timmons came outside, Foote and Farrior went inside.

He started out the game fine, showing no ill effects from the hamstring. He appeared to be able to push off and get some decent pressure but once it gave out on him again he was done. He finished the game with 2 total tackles.

If they want to have him for the playoffs you're just going to have to shut him down the rest of the regular season. There's just no 2 ways about it right now. It's a short week playing on Saturday against the Rams at home. Harrison will be back then too.

As was later reported this morning, Woodley says that he did not reinjure the hamstring but rather was just fatigued and ended up not coming back in the game in the 4th quarter.

Stairwayto7
12-20-2011, 01:09 AM
agreed Woodley should have never played!!!

elephantman
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
agreed Woodley should have never played!!!

He should have played....up until the 3rd quarter...we needed this game.....now we can rest him and everyone else

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Tomlin was asked in the post game press conference how bad Woodley's hamstring was. He said he didn't have any information but did state that they were rotating players in and out and that fatigue was a factor for Woodley after missing so much time.

Lamarr was in there the entire game that I noticed so the rotation didn't start until the 4th quarter when he coincidentally went out of the game and the team announced his return was questionable with the hamstring. We'll find out more on Tuesday.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2011, 01:51 AM
No way Woodley plays in the last 2 games. Rest him for the playoffs.

Stairwayto7
12-20-2011, 01:53 AM
He should have played....up until the 3rd quarter...we needed this game.....now we can rest him and everyone else

Ok he should have played and injured even more so he wouldnt be available for the playoffs? Good Call!?????????///

floodcitygirl
12-20-2011, 01:59 AM
I think they needed to try. We needed defense to score, as I said in other threads. Might as well rest everyone now.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-20-2011, 02:06 AM
If Ben played why shouldn't Woodley?? We needed a win in every game to finish with #1 seed. Even if we won this game we still needed 2 more wins to secure the first seed. We have been in playoff mode since the 2nd loss to the ratbirds!!

floodcitygirl
12-20-2011, 02:13 AM
If Ben played why shouldn't Woodley?? We needed a win in every game to finish with #1 seed. Even if we won this game we still needed 2 more wins to secure the first seed. We have been in playoff mode since the 2nd loss to the ratbirds!!But at this point don't you think we need to "save them"?

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-20-2011, 02:18 AM
But at this point don't you think we need to "save them"?

There is definitely something to be said for saving them at this point. We could still win our division,I can't say I believe the ratbirds win out with that Cincy game as their last game looming for them...So when do we give up and say we can improve our position no more??

floodcitygirl
12-20-2011, 02:21 AM
There is definitely something to be said for saving them at this point. We could still win our division,I can't say I believe the ratbirds win out with that Cincy game as their last game looming for them...So when do we give up and say we can improve our position no more??Yeah it would be great to think that Cincy would pull one out for us but I've lived here a little too long to have alot of hope in that. lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
SAN FRANCISCO –-
There was some good news from the visiting locker room after the Steelers gave away their short-lived lead in the AFC North.
Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley said he didn’t aggravate the hamstring injury that has hampered him since late October.

Woodley, playing in only his second game since Oct. 30, sat out the fourth quarter against the 49ers as a precaution.

“I just for a little fatigued so I got out,” said Woodley, who leads the Steelers with nine sacks. “We expected that anyway, that it was going to get fatigued. I felt pretty good but we didn’t come out on top.”

From the Trib (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/12/20/woodley-i-just-got-a-little-fatigued/)