PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage!!!!

Stairwayto7
12-19-2011, 08:33 PM
We cant afford not to play tonight! With a short week! And now Bens pay medication will start wearing off! WTF! ! !!!! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

elephantman
12-19-2011, 08:35 PM
We cant afford not to play tonight! With a short week! And now Bens pay medication will start wearing off! WTF! ! !!!! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

and I gotta be at work at 7 tomorrow....they better fix this...and god knows what happens if they cant play tonight?....wednesday and then sat?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Transformer blew real close to the stadium...Candlestick is so old I'm surprised they don't have candles as backup power, literally!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
This just in, James Harrison fined $300,000 for power outage at Candlestick!

Saw that on twitter before the game and sod shot out of my nose, OUCH!! LOL

Stairwayto7
12-19-2011, 08:50 PM
LOL thats funny! With the fights outside that place Im glad power is on

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Just after the power went out a second time, Ben said "Where's James Harrison when you need him" after seeing a fan run onto the field..LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
SAN FRANCISCO — Leave it to surly James Harrison to find some humor in the Steelers-49ers predicament Monday night. (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Power%20outage%20delays%20Steelers-Niners%20game%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772859.html#ixzz1h3Gug2kF)

Harrison, who wasn't with the Steelers last night on the West Coast while serving a one-game suspension, fired off this tweet when the game against the Niners was postponed for a second time because of a power outage at aging Candlestick Park:
"If I cant (sic) play then can't nobody play... Lights out!"

Indeed, the lights went out — not once, but twice — interrupting the "Monday Night Football" showdown between teams that already had wrapped up NFL playoff berths.
The start of the game was delayed about 20 minutes because of a blown transformer outside of the stadium. The lights went down around 8:20 p.m., and San Francisco engineers established an alternate power source before 8:40 p.m. — the time that kickoff had been slated for the game.

The public address system stopped working, and fans were left in the dark until an emergency light came on in the far corner of the stadium.

A 49ers team spokesman said transformers appeared to fail outside the stadium. City engineers were working to switch the power over to the backup generators.
Joe Molica, a spokesman for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said the power company was still investigating the cause of the outage.

"So far I don't know what the cause is yet," Molica said. "We do know that Candlestick was the only customer affected by this outage."

Molica said PG&E and park authorities had made all the routine checks earlier in the day and that all systems appeared to be in order.

He said Candlestick was back up on full power and multiple crews at the park were investigating.

The power first started to come back on in the press box and the scoreboard ring around the stadium, drawing cheers from Steelers and 49ers fans. The stadium lights slowly turned on about 10 minutes later.

A few minutes later, the Steelers emerged for a second round of pregame stretching.
The second outage came with 12:43 remaining in the second quarter, with the 49ers holding a 6-0 lead.

A couple of fans jumped onto the field after the second delay, adding to the circus-like atmosphere.

Play resumed about 15 minutes later.

Stairwayto7
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Got to love Harrison!