PDA

View Full Version : Those of You Who Hate WR Screens Be Warned

SteelDad
12-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Good chance you'll see plenty of these tonight to keep Ben as safe as possible so don't blow a gasket if you see them a lot.

Stairwayto7
12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Love them, they seem to pickup yards for us each time. I love going to Wallace on these a few times then send him deep! Make the corners play up on our speed guys Wallace and Brown. Hell maybe even Hines. Hines always seemed to do a good job getting upfield on these. But hold on to the ball!

LatrobePA
12-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Use Mendy like Ray Rice....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2011, 10:05 AM
It's already a given that Ben is going to be in the shotgun tonight the majority of the time. They'll use a lot of quick passes to keep the pass rush down and keep him from having to scramble as much as you normally due in a traditional 3-5 step drop offense.

You'll see a bunch of bubble screens I'm sure. Let's face, they work a good portion of the time as long as the WR's are able to get out in front of whoever catches the ball and block.

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
It's already a given that Ben is going to be in the shotgun tonight the majority of the time. They'll use a lot of quick passes to keep the pass rush down and keep him from having to scramble as much as you normally due in a traditional 3-5 step drop offense.

You'll see a bunch of bubble screens I'm sure. Let's face, they work a good portion of the time as long as the WR's are able to get out in front of whoever catches the ball and block.

with ben being less mobile he should make the quick passes more and throw them away more when in trouble. we should win this game without to much problem. this is not the saints, packers.. the best qb they played was Vick and Flacco :thinking:..

Nolrog
12-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Use the WR screen when the corner is 15 yards off Wallace to pull him closer and set up the big play.

connecticutsteel
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I DON'T CARE IF THEY RUN IT 50 TIMES as long as it works and we win

BR7
12-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Hines will get his 1000th tonight lol

Goodfrom55
12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
If the coverage warrants it, then fine. Tonight is whatever it takes, get a 2 score olead and then get Ben out of there. After that, it's run 3-4 yards per carry, take time off the clock, force Alex SMith into a clucnker of a game and get out of there.

Zachintosh66
12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Good chance you'll see plenty of these tonight to keep Ben as safe as possible so don't blow a gasket if you see them a lot.

Works best when running game is alive and/or when coverage is baked off

coach
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I DON'T CARE IF THEY RUN IT 50 TIMES as long as it works and we win
:yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
12-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Hines will get his 1000th tonight lol

There is a chance! We`ll be throwing short and he always seems to be able to wiggle of field

Goodfrom55
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
More importantly, Hines will be able to recognize the blitz, adjust to a hot route and hopefully keep the offense moving forward. One way or another, I look for Hines to have about 5 or 6 catches tonight. Also look for Heath to line up in the backfield on passing plays to provide an extra blocker and if no one comes, he peels off into the flat for a easy Ben checkdown.

Real Deal Steel
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Defense has to score tonight. No if, ands or buts about it. If they don't, we lose.