PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Change As HC

SteelerNation
01-20-2007, 08:36 AM
I for one would get Field Turf i mean look at how bad are turf was this year it look like crap and wont get any better. + i am not sure we need cheerleaders or not. to me the cheerleaders are the men and women who get drunk in the stands chanting the steelers song.:bigthumb: BUT there are a few Roster moves i would want ..

1 Cut the punter and get a new 1 better ACC/Pow

2.Get rid of are backup QB Batch and move prairy up..

3.When draft comes up get a whole NEW oline but keep a few key players...

4.Get rid of anyone who is just wasting cap room and draft some good new players perfered rookies. and let this team grow with exp. The best team is a young team with fire... :willybs:

NOW GO STEELERS 2007

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I for one would get Field Turf i mean look at how bad are turf was this year it look like crap and wont get any better. + i am not sure we need cheerleaders or not. to me the cheerleaders are the men and women who get drunk in the stands chanting the steelers song.:bigthumb: BUT there are a few Roster moves i would want ..

I agree about the Field turf.
No cheerleaders

1 Cut the punter and get a new 1 better ACC/Pow

Barr is already signed and will most likely take the Punting job this year from Gardocki

2.Get rid of are backup QB Batch and move prairy up..

No way we get rid of Batch. He's a great backup, relatively inexpensive to our cap, and a good veteran to have on the team.

3.When draft comes up get a whole NEW oline but keep a few key players...

We don't need a whole new OL.

Marvel Smith
Alan Faneca
Okobi
Chris Kemoeatu
Willie Colon or Max Starks

All guys we currently have on the roster. Hartings should retire, Kendall Simmons sux, Starks needs to pick up his game. We do need to draft some depth though this year, atleast 2 OL players.

4.Get rid of anyone who is just wasting cap room and draft some good new players perfered rookies. and let this team grow with exp. The best team is a young team with fire... :willybs:

Anyone just wasting cap room is a matter of opinion because every one of us on this site could give you reasons why we should or shouldn't keep certain players.

Just my :2cents: :redcool:

Stairwayto7
01-20-2007, 08:55 AM
No Cheerleaders for me! My sister in law was a pro cheerleader for Atlanta for six years, and I did take advantage of th eperks, filed passes and such. But I`m there for the game. Thats like to different forms of entertainment, and I love looking at half naked women. but I`m paying my money for the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. You cant hear them anyway, All I want to hear is HERE WE GO STEELERS!

The turf, I`m all for grass, but limit who else plays on it! We want our field to look good.

I want my players to walk through the early tailgating. What better way to have public relations? I want them to get to Heinz a half hour early and walk through, shake some hands and get pyshed up with the fans for the fans. See what this game means to the fans and to the city.

I also want rookies to live with veteran role models for a week when they first get to town. DB`s stay with Troy, Linemen with Alan, wr with Hines. Show them what it means to be a role model.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Having players walk through early morning tailgating would be a cool idea, I would love it..however I don't see them doing it though because they'd be mobbed with autographs and potential unruely rival fans :nonod:

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2007, 12:13 PM
:iagree:
No Cheerleaders ,,,,,,,,,,,Like TG said our O-LINE will be fine :tt02:
Could use another Line backer since Porter will probably be moving on :banging:
I'd also like to see them pick up a good DB:bigthumb:

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes, we need either a good DB or someone who can get to the QB. A good pass rusher would take care of any secondary problems we may have.

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I would definitely upgrade Heinz Field to Grass. The Pitt Panthers and High Schools would have to pay a fee to use Heinz Field to pay a part of the turf replacements.

With the upcoming draft, I would at least draft a couple of OL, a MLB, ROLB in case Porter was to leave free agency after this season, a punter in the fifth round. We do need insurance WR and ST in case we have another case of the Reid Syndrome.

I would also like to have a few more fan appreciation days at Heinz Field with giving away grand prizes like season tickets, a paid away game package, autographed jersey and such.

Friday133
01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
this whole grass/field turf and who plays on the field annoys the hell out of me. first for the filed itself, the rooney's have stated numerous times they are not going to get rid of the natural grass they have currently. i believe its called DD master.

as for PITT, they are a joint tenet with the steelers they aren't leaving heinz field anytime soon, nor should they have to pay to use the stadium. the rooney's don't own heinz field, the county's sports and exposition authority does. and for the high schools they should play on the field. the TAX PAYERS funded the stadium, local people like me, so the local schools should use the field. you out of town fans didn't fund the stadium, so while you have an opinion, its not what is best for western PA.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree that the area schools should be able to use the field but I don't think you should just count out the out of town people as not helping pay for it in some way. They bring in a lot of money to the area when they go to games. Hotel, food, tickets to game, buying stuff at the game, site seeing just to name a few things.

And these two statements you made do not make sense.

the rooney's have stated numerous times they are not going to get rid of the natural grass they have currently

the rooney's don't own heinz field, the county's sports and exposition authority does

So who does have the final say on changing the field surface?

House of Steel
01-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I was just about to post that, myself. That right there is cancelling each other out. I think the Rooney's have the final say.

steelcurtain09
01-20-2007, 02:31 PM
you out of town fans didn't fund the stadium, so while you have an opinion, its not what is best for western PA.

wht bout the stadium tax?

dont out of town people help to pay for the stadiums ne time they buy a taxable item?

Friday133
01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
ok i don't have facts to back this up, but to me it would make sense. the steelers are the main tenet at heinz field. should they ever want to change the field i would think they would need to ask the sports and exhibition authority. as i said with the steelers being the main tenet i don't think it would be a problem abiding by the steelers wishes.

Friday133
01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
and on the high school and PITT stuff, my whole point is those things are not going to change. no use in getting all bent out of shape regarding those programs.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I for one think it's great the local schools get to play there. But at the same time someone needs to step up and say enough is enough when it comes to the condition of the field. It has was pretty bad at times this year. Matt put up some picks from the Ravens game on Christmas Eve and the field looked terrible.

ohiosteelfan20
01-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I like heinz field the way it is. it may not look the best but it gives me the old style feel to football that goes along nicely with the smash mouth additude.

SteelerSal
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I like heinz field the way it is. it may not look the best but it gives me the old style feel to football that goes along nicely with the smash mouth additude.

Same here. The last thing I want is fake grass inside a climate cotroled stadium. Give me mud and the elements, thats real football.
We played on grass and dirt from Pop Warner to high school and they can play on it as Pro's.

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 10:44 PM
When I talk about fixing the field I don't mean getting rid of the grass and dirt. Just something so players aren't slipping all over the place when the ground is dry. Sometimes it just looks like the stuff just slides out from under them on this field. I'd just like to see something a little more sturdy with all the use this field gets during football season.

Steelerlyn
01-20-2007, 11:48 PM
As much as I hate to use the Pathetic Patsies...........They did put in a new turf because the one they had looked like buffalo grazed there. They got that same fake grass as Detriot and it looks very nice. As far as Pitt and the high schools using the field. Friday is right. The venue is a tax supported stadium and nothing will be done without a vote of the taxpayers since they are the ones who will be paying for it. Not the Rooneys. In fact I clearly remember the Rooneys using the media to plead their case to the taxpayers. Shortly after Pittsburgh's mayor & Allegheny County Commissioners announced a financing blue print for the new Steeler football stadium, the new ball park (PNC) and the expanded convention center and plans to raze TRS. So it would seem to me that since the taxpayers are the ones paying the bills, they would also be the ones to decide if Heinz Field gets new turf or not. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Technically the Rooney's have the ultimate say as to who uses the stadium since they put up the bulk of the money among other reasons. If they wanted to make it just a Steelers / Panthers stadium they could eaisly do it and they should. The high school teams not playing there wouldnt solve the issue but it sure wouldnt hurt !

As far as the Panthers go, that would be something that probably will never happen and just continues to **** me off. Today's college players are as big as the NFL guys and that field is taking about a 20 game pounding between August and December if you include the preseason for both teams, and that's not even counting when we make the playoffs. I just hate seeing all the money wasted every year on new grass that doesnt work !!!! :banging:

Stairwayto7
01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I would lower the price of hotdogs!

PITT23
01-22-2007, 12:00 AM
If the Rooneys really wanted to they could throw down a ton of money and get their way. As it pertains to this thread, it is not the choice of the head coach. He can give his opinion but is probably more focused on the players and the game day product and score.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2007, 12:50 AM
When I talk about fixing the field I don't mean getting rid of the grass and dirt. Just something so players aren't slipping all over the place when the ground is dry. Sometimes it just looks like the stuff just slides out from under them on this field. I'd just like to see something a little more sturdy with all the use this field gets during football season.

Yep, it was terrible that day, and every year around that time.
In previous years Ive read about how the team constantly resods and tries different ideas used all over the world to make it stick, but nothing does. The climate and use just isn't working with all the work that field gets.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8369/10008834ry.jpg