PDA

View Full Version : Okay, after doing playoff trees at 5am. Steelers have to win this game!

StillersSound
12-19-2011, 05:06 AM
If Steelers win out.

Steelers
Pats
Texans
Broncos(could change)
Ravens
Jets(could change)

I could really see whoever gets the 6th seed beating the Texans in their first playoff game at home, a lot of pressure. Which would be good because we wouldn't get the Rats regardless of their outcome and let them and the Pats duke it out. But even that game, Rats on the road against the Broncos or Raiders or Chargers again? That's not really no give me, especially how they are playing on the road.

If they lose this San Fran game.

Pats
Ravens
Texans
Broncos
Steelers
Jets

Broncos or Raiders or whoever not too worried about besides maybe the Chargers if they squeak in. But the Pats or Ravens on the road? I'm a fan of the Steelers underdogs on the road but... the possibilities in the other one is just too good to pass up.

THEY NEED TO WIN THIS GAME! :tt02:

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Top 5 Defenses

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 276.1
2. Houston Texans 277.9
3. Baltimore Ravens 287.9
4. San Francisco 49ers 305.1
5. Jacksonville Jaguars 307.4

We are 1-3 against the top 5 d's

Arians needs to dial up a game plan... It is all on arians..

steelersbabex25
12-19-2011, 07:03 AM
You had to do a playoff tree at 5 AM to figure this out? :lol: we've known this for a while.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Top 5 Defenses

2. Houston Texans 277.9

We are 1-3 against the top 5 d's

Arians needs to dial up a game plan... It is all on arians..

Arians didn't allow Joe Flacco to drive 92 yards for the game winning TD.......that one was on the defense......The Houston loss the OL was still a mess....Scott was still starting and Starks wasn't signed until after that loss.....

tburg68
12-19-2011, 08:01 AM
THEY NEED TO WIN THIS GAME! :tt02:

This is 3 min of my life I'll never get back.

steelchamp204
12-19-2011, 08:36 AM
You had to do a playoff tree at 5 AM to figure this out? :lol: we've known this for a while.

:plus1: I laughed also.

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Arians didn't allow Joe Flacco to drive 92 yards for the game winning TD.......that one was on the defense......The Houston loss the OL was still a mess....Scott was still starting and Starks wasn't signed until after that loss.....

The Packers are ranked 32 in defense - 31 for the pats. They score enough points to keep most games out of reach. arians is why we are always nail bitting no matter who we play. our defense keeps us in games.... we need to get 17 point leads and bury teams, rivers did :-) that was a game plan, make flacco win it, you seen what happen, flacco threw the ball away....

our defense is solid enough,, we are ranked #1 D. we need to score every qtr.... that will give our defense some breathing room.

why and when was flacco sacked like crazy?? when the offense gave the defense some playing room last night. i miss that with our Defense... we are alweays playing chess not going for the kill with a nice lead.

:yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Win out home field advantage! Uhhhh No brainer! And i did it all myself, in my head, in 27 seconds!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the breakdown StillersSound! Indeed there is no doubt the Steelers have a golden opportunity staring them right in the face. After losing both games to Baltimore you couldn't ask for a better situation heading into tonight. You win this game at all costs, no question about it!

The Steelers defense definitely bit the big one, that drive has single handedly cost the Steelers in a big way this season and without a doubt the most memorable fail in a worst way of 2011 so far.

LatrobePA
12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Arians is why Ben is hurt going into the biggest game of the season!

Browns rank at the bottom in rush defense yet we open up the game throwing it 90%, you beat a team at their weakness, BA has no clue how to do that! He always attacks their stength trying to prove a point! This time it backfired and Ben was almost lost for the season!

I agree, BA has got to come up with a plan to take advantage of the short quick stuff!

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Arians is why Ben is hurt going into the biggest game of the season!

Browns rank at the bottom in rush defense yet we open up the game throwing it 90%, you beat a team at their weakness, BA has no clue how to do that! He always attacks their stength trying to prove a point! This time it backfired and Ben was almost lost for the season!

I agree, BA has got to come up with a plan to take advantage of the short quick stuff!

Redman should be the only back running up the middle tonight. mendy can stick to the 22 double going right or whatever arians scratched in the dirt... maybe he could have mendy go 22 double left? with arians, we will probably see MMoore up the middle. redman on the sidelines.

connecticutsteel
12-19-2011, 10:36 AM
The Packers are ranked 32 in defense - 31 for the pats. They score enough points to keep most games out of reach. arians is why we are always nail bitting no matter who we play. our defense keeps us in games.... we need to get 17 point leads and bury teams, rivers did :-) that was a game plan, make flacco win it, you seen what happen, flacco threw the ball away....

our defense is solid enough,, we are ranked #1 D. we need to score every qtr.... that will give our defense some breathing room.

why and when was flacco sacked like crazy?? when the offense gave the defense some playing room last night. i miss that with our Defense... we are alweays playing chess not going for the kill with a nice lead.

:yellowthumb:
All of the above is true. However when the Ravens see power blue they are calm.When they see Black&Yellow they go crazy cause it's there super bowl

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 10:42 AM

here are a couple of other nail biters keeping our defense in chess mode. we need to score more, we have a better offense than we play. we could have lost these games below like the ravens loss.. allow one bad drive.. if were up by 10 more points, these games are over. arians needs to make our offense look like it should.. unstoppable. no excuses.. :cope:

Jacksonville Win: 17 - 13

Sun, Nov 27@ Kansas City 13-9 W

Thu, Dec 08 Cleveland 14-3 W

DIESELMAN
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Win out home field advantage! Uhhhh No brainer! And i did it all myself, in my head, in 27 seconds!

It took you that long? :greengrin:

LatrobePA
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Redman should be the only back running up the middle tonight. mendy can stick to the 22 double going right or whatever arians scratched in the dirt... maybe he could have mendy go 22 double left? with arians, we will probably see MMoore up the middle. redman on the sidelines.

If Moore is in there we are in for a long night...

coldrolled
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
If Moore is in there we are in for a long night...

Moore catching passes in the flat is great.. Moore up the middle is insane.

LatrobePA
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Moore catching passes in the flat is great.. Moore up the middle is insane.

Agreed, he's got decent hands, but so does Mendy?? ..?? .. ?? .. ??/ ...??>.

Zachintosh66
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I just want a bye week to get healthy, granted home field would be nice. but as it looks right now its either #1 or #5

StillersSound
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM

This is 3 min of my life I'll never get back.

:plus1: I laughed also.

http://blaqathena.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Kanye-Shrug.jpg

Yeah, I know most people knew we needed to win out for 1st. I was more excited about the match-ups if we get first. And I've heard/seen some pretty crazy stuff from Steelers fans, I'm not too sure many of them understand the playoff seedings.

Goodfrom55
12-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Going to take a commitment and patience with the running game tonight and the defense has to keep it close. Ben should do OK with time to throw, but you can be sure the 49ers will bring some heat. With that in mind, Ben and the WR's had better be on the same page in regard to hot routes or it could be disastrous.

mwittman5
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Round 1 at Denver (they need to win 1 of the last 2 to get in)
Round 2 at new england if the texans beat the jets or
at baltimore if the jets beat the texans. (probably this)

coldrolled
12-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Round 1 at Denver (they need to win 1 of the last 2 to get in)
Round 2 at new england if the texans beat the jets or
at baltimore if the jets beat the texans. (probably this)

Hopefully the Texans beat the Jets... They dont have a QB.

Top 5 Defenses

2. Houston Texans 277.9

We are now 1-4 against the top 5 d's

Arians needs to dial up a good game plan soon... It is all on arians.. Fire Him...

His plays fake out noone.. Fire Him.. We are wasting our opportunity with this team.