PDA

View Full Version : The Bright side

elephantman
12-17-2011, 05:46 PM
If the Ravens win Sunday, we accept the 5 seed....meaning we have 3 "Bye" weeks as we basically have 2 Very winnable games while (semi) resting Troy /woodley / pouncy /others...even Ben and giving the young guys like Worilds / sylvestor / carter playing time

we play 4 seed Denver( or unlikely but even easier Oakland) in wild card...Win

then it gets tougher with likely Pats or ravens (but we are semi rested)..but

and unlikely but absolutely possible Jets AT Home in AFC championship game as they have done it the past 2 yrs and play their best in dec/jan and Rex is the most under-rated coach in the game i dont care about is mouth he has done it twice with average talent

Rematch from last yrs AFC champ game in Pitt

it's a pipe dream I know..but with these injuries, I think the 1 or 2 seed is a bigger dream

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2011, 08:13 PM
If you're going to dream, dream big right? LOL. I think a lot of people are interested in seeing what Tomlin does in the coming weeks with his key players that are banged up. I would think unless they have a seed completely locked up and no way to improve their situation at all, they'll keep playing everyone who can get on the field. That's the way I would do it.

Even if you can't improve your spot, if you start resting players you run the risk of them coming back rusty and losing that edge that the whole team has been playing with to get you to this point.

SteelerRush
12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
If the Ravens win and others lose so we lock up at least the fifth spot, then I would follow the same routine to rest during the week and see how the game unfolds and start taking guys out after the half just to keep everyone in game shape. I don't expect Woodley to have a big game just for that reason. So its important if they can play, to keep them going plus you don't know when Flacco is going to lose a game.
We need to have everyone available.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM
The Steelers have officially locked up at least a wildcard as of this afternoon. I believe due to the Colts beating the Titans today.

So now you're in the post season, lets try and get that 5th seed and see what happens!

Diehardsteel
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
The Steelers have officially locked up at least a wildcard as of this afternoon. I believe due to the Colts beating the Titans today.

So now you're in the post season, lets try and get that 5th seed and see what happens!

So no Big Ben tomorrow then?

Nolrog
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
If the Ravens lose, the path is clear for us to get the #1.

Clevelandsux
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
bigben will be in there. guaranteed. I don't disregard tebow and the broncos. They are playing good ball right now.

one thing i cannot stand are assumptions. If we play Denver, chances it will be there. Tough place to play. And we haven't exactly been dominant this year. Unless ben is really banged up, expect him in there. We want to home playoff.

SteelDad
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
With all thats happened today, a lot still riding on ratbirds tonite. I like the thought of resting some guys though should we get the 5. Not full rest but at least give some starters some time off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

HUNT4SEVEN
12-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Well since the Rats lost i would love to get the number 1 seed, so we could have the bye week,if all else fails and we lose Monday night, i say rest the key players that needs rest and let the young guys get some reps in and even if we end up with the 5th or 6th seed we'll have the key starters healthier and ready to make that playoff run, Stairway to Seven part 2 unfinished business is within reach...

StillersSound
12-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Well since the Rats lost i would love to get the number 1 seed, so we could have the bye week,if all else fails and we lose Monday night, i say rest the key players that needs rest and let the young guys get some reps in and even if we end up with the 5th or 6th seed we'll have the key starters healthier and ready to make that playoff run, Stairway to Seven part 2 unfinished business is within reach...

I agree since the Ravens lost, we have to go for 1st now. But if we lose all is good since the Jets lost today too, the 5th seed is pretty much a lock. They just need to win 1 of their last 3 games to get the 5th seed. So beat the Rams and then take their bye against the Browns.