PDA

View Full Version : Thread Etiquette Reminder

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Thread Hijacking... it's inevitably going to happen regardless of how much we as the staff try to stop it or how much we preach that it ruins threads. Ive been around forums for a long time, and Ive usually used the premise that if someone posts a topic and it's been answered accurately and completely and it's basically "run it's course" then hijacking it isn't so much of a big deal. However when they get hijacked before the original topic is even discussed then it gets to be bad karma all around and really ruins the continuity of the site and makes finding information much harder even when you use the search feature.

Just a friendly reminder to try and keep the threads on topic. We have threads like Post Whores Heaven, in the Lounge, and other threads of that nature that you can hijack all you want since they are just for fun anyways. :redcool:

K's-girl
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
good to know, gotta keep these whores in line!

House of Steel
01-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I am going to do my best not to do this anymore.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2007, 01:03 AM
good to know, gotta keep these whores in line!
:iagree:

Steelerlyn
01-20-2007, 01:40 AM
It does seem as though many posts are hijacked. I have done it myself and I apologize because it does take away from the poster let alone the post, in other words, it is rude. :banging: :banging: :banging:

BR7
01-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Did you see the Cubs signed Samardja (sp?) to a 5 year deal?

I'm kidding TG, lol.. I had to do it. I don't hijack, atleast I dont mean too.. So I'll watch my P's and Q's.

AZ_Steeler
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the post TG, I can't express how important this otherwise we will eventually end up with all these differnet topics that talk about nothing!

Steelersfan
01-20-2007, 06:13 PM
One other thing I would like to add that I have seen more and more of lately is the "stupid" comments when someone gives their opinion on something. Please drop the stupid comments!.....lol
It is not polite and does nothing for a thread but cause problems. Nobody has to like everyone here but we should all be mature enough to at least respect each others opinions. So the next time you think something is stupid take a step back and think about it for a minute. Then try and post some facts to back up your side. It's called debating.

OK, sorry for hijacking your thread Matt!.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I can't believe it, the Staff is 'jacking my thread about 'jacking threads :lol:

Basically it just comes down to common sense and if we all use alittle bit of it, we'll be AOK ;)

DIESELMAN
01-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Good heads up....it is irritating when you post a reply on a subject then the next 15 replies are on something totally different and your reply gets lost in the shuffle. This board is pretty good as far as people not doing that, but its a good reminder.