PDA

View Full Version : If Woodley can play, Worilds or Timmons will take Harrison's place

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
With the suspension of James Harrison today, Tomlin was asked at his weekly press conference who would start at outside linebacker. Since Harrison cannot play that means either Jason Worilds or Lawrence Timmons will play on the outside in his place. Tomlin said Worilds has been playing well but they'll make the determination of who will play as the week goes on.

If they do start Timmons then Foote will start back inside with Farrior, and sub in Sylvester. Worilds would then spell both Woodley and Timmons.

Logically you try and shake things up as little as possible and assuming Woodley can play then you put Worilds on the other side and keep Timmons in the middle.

harpo
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking that Woodley will give it a go and Worilds will be on the other side. However, I am also thinking that Woodley might be limited because coming off a hamstring injury can be exhausting when you're trying to get back into game shape. Either way, I think you'll see Timmons in the middle and on the outside.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
This is liable to be a musical chairs type of situation next Monday night. If Woodley comes back they could spell him every couple of series, especially if the defense is on the field a lot.

Then you end up with a case of one series it's Woodley, Worilds, Timmons, & Farrior and then the next series it's Timmons & Worilds with Farrior & Foote in the middle.

One good thing is that it won't be sub freezing temps in San Francisco; which can really make a sore hamstring tighten up quick.

LatrobePA
12-13-2011, 02:44 PM
93 all day long..

harpo
12-13-2011, 03:03 PM
This is liable to be a musical chairs type of situation next Monday night. If Woodley comes back they could spell him every couple of series, especially if the defense is on the field a lot.

Then you end up with a case of one series it's Woodley, Worilds, Timmons, & Farrior and then the next series it's Timmons & Worilds with Farrior & Foote in the middle.

One good thing is that it won't be sub freezing temps in San Francisco; which can really make a sore hamstring tighten up quick.

Good points. My thoughts exactly.:yellowthumb:

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
It sounded like listening to Tomlin today that Woodley was going to most likely play. So that would be big seeing that you wouldnt really have too much of a drop off if Woodley plays and Harrison doesnt and Worilds starts in his place as well who has been playing at a pretty high level...

Nolrog
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Worilds takes his place. He's the OLB and is playing well right now. Moving Timmons only creates a problem for the inside. I don't see any reason (barring injury) that Worilds doesn't start.

The bigger question is what do they do if both Harrison and Woodly are out.

LevonKirkland99
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
I thought Timmons is also effective when playing outside LB. Is he good at both OLb and ILB? I say this because when Harrison was out for a few weeks, Timmons did a great job with Woodley in the inside.
To my eyes, and I could be wrong, Timmons is the most versatile LB on that Defense!

connecticutsteel
12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
It's been 5 weeks woodley should be ready . this is payback for what debo said about goodell

Real Deal Steel
12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
I think Tomlin needs to activate an extra LB. Just in case.