PDA

View Full Version : does ryan clark play at denver

elephantman
12-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone, my first post.......Just thinking what happens with Ryan clark when we as a 5 seed play the 4 seed Broncos in Denver....being Da Raiders are their only competition at this point and they go to Green bay and lets be realistic now, were not winning this division, and Denvers D is good enough to win that division.....does Ryan clark play, and if not, how big is this?..I know he may be old and slow, but it's the playoffs and he is a starter for a reason....I know im looking far ahead but the clark factor and TBOW factor.....this will be one of the biggest most watched wild card games in NFL history.... thanks

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 08:40 PM
First off, Welcome to SA, we're glad to have you on board! :towelwave:

Most of us are still holding out hope beyond hope that Baltimore will stumble and the Steelers can win out to take the division. However with only 3 games left it's crunch time. If the Ravens are going to lose it's going to be against either the Chargers or the Bengals. The Chargers being the more likely scenario IMO however I'm not banking on it.

If the Steelers do end up traveling to Denver when it's all said and done; Ryan Clark is technically cleared to play however the chances of him doing so are unlikely. The Steelers will most likely error on the side of caution and not play him. Even in the playoffs taking a chance on his life is not something they are willing to do even if Ryan wants too with that sickle-cell trait.

MattyVfromCT
12-09-2011, 08:45 PM
highly doubt it after what happened in 07

LevonKirkland99
12-09-2011, 09:01 PM
No way he plays in Denver...I remember a couple years ago where he couldn't play. No worries though, we'll beat those donkeys called the broncos. Welcome aboard and have fun and be kind!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Ryan Mundy is very capable for us at Safety. He may not be the big hitter that Ryan Clark is but he's consistent and plays his position solid. If the Steelers end up going to Mile High, I'm comfortable with Mundy out there, no problem.

xBlitzBurghx
12-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Tebow can't hurt us. All good things come to an end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

xBlitzBurghx
12-09-2011, 11:28 PM
As soon as Harrison lays hands on him. Its all over

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

coldrolled
12-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Denver will not be in the payoffs.

jpele
12-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Denver will not be in the payoffs.

Question answered, I agree Denver don't make the playoff's ...but should Tebow mania prevail I have total faith in the fact that Ryan Mundy can fill in for Ryan Clark with little drop off.

Stairwayto7
12-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Way to early to say that we only get a 5th seed and denver wins thier div. Way to early.

If your scenario plays out, we can beat denver without a starting safety, we`ll be fine..

Welcome to SA

connecticutsteel
12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
The Teabag circus ends this week .That selfish flash in the pan won't last :2cents:

tburg68
12-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Mundy > Clark

Nolrog
12-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Easy answer. Not only does he not play, he doesn't accompany the team.

He has a serious medical condition that could be worsened if he's in the thin air of Denver. Last time, he wound having emergency surgery to remove his spleen and gallbladder. He stays home.

JShare86
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Us going to Denver is looking like a very real possibility

Scorp
12-12-2011, 12:15 AM
If he doesn't play steelersbabex25 will fill in.

SteelDad
12-12-2011, 07:49 AM
First, no way he plays. Life is sadly, more important than football.:stirpot:

Secondly, you may have noticed Cortez Allen getting some time back there in nickel and dime situations. Personally, I think that has been going on for two reasons. 1. Allen is proving he can play and 2. LeBeau is thinking the same thing we are and that is the possibility we could play in Denver.