PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Help from Wales

Welsh Steeler
12-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey, from the UK and as I am a Steelers fan i would love to catch a game in Heinz field. Anyway as a teacher our holidays dont exactly fall in the right times so was planning a short quick visit to steeler country next season, only chances are a week in end of october or over christmas time to catch a game, will only be for about 4 days! anyway any advice or tips? Price wise? how easy is it to get to Pittsburgh flying wise, chances of getting tickets?

Thanks

UKSTEELER
12-09-2011, 05:42 PM
That's one understanding wife!!

Think stubhub is the place for tickets . . .

Others here will be able to help you better than me, personally I'd spend a couple of nights in NYC or go down to SoBe Miami - you'll need warming up if you go at Christmas!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey, from the UK and as I am a Steelers fan i would love to catch a game in Heinz field. Anyway as a teacher our holidays dont exactly fall in the right times so was planning a short quick visit to steeler country next season, only chances are a week in end of october or over christmas time to catch a game, will only be for about 4 days! anyway any advice or tips? Price wise? how easy is it to get to Pittsburgh flying wise, chances of getting tickets?

Thanks

You might consider sending a message to Foggbloke , he just went to a Steelers game a couple weeks ago and he can probably give you tips on travel and how he made out.

If you come during October you potentially be coming on a weekend that the Steelers have a bye. We won't know the new 2012 season schedule until next April-May when it comes out though.

When do you plan on making arrangements for your trip?

Flying into Pittsburgh isn't terribly difficult, it's a major airport so you can probably find flights in and out of there most anytime. Tickets can be found from most any ticket broker like Ticket Master or the Steelers ticket exchange. You can also use our sponsor, PGHTix.com and get 5% off your tickets :)