PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers continue to keep the pressure on the Ravens...

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
And as a result of the win last night will now absolutely force them to HAVE to win that game next Sunday night in San Diego 24 hours before the Steelers play in San Fran. I made another thread about this but it's so true that everybody needs to be rooting for San Diego to beat the Bills this weekend in San Diego and for the Raiders to lose to Green Bay and for the Broncos to lose to Chicago. If that happens the Chargers will be 6-7 and the Raiders and Broncos will be 7-6 and the Chargers will be 1 game out of first place in the AFC West which will really make them step up their game when they play the Ravens next Sunday and give them a real sense of urgency to win that game with the Ravens seeing that they could potentially be tied for first place at the end of the night if they beat the Ravens if both the Raiders and Broncos lose this week which is possible and next week as well which is also very possible if you look at the game both the Raiders and Broncos have the same week as the Chargers play the Ravens...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Keeping the pressure on the Ravens is the best we can hope for right now. They don't play well on the road and both the Bengals and Chargers could be fighting for their playoff lives when they play Baltimore. As long as the Steelers keep taking care of business they will have a chance. There's only 3 games left now and the heat is on. Who's going to be able to step up their game and win.

Goodfrom55
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Not out or the realm of possibility that the Colts have a chance here. Vince Neil is no longer their QB, the have the guy Orlavsky playing and playing fairly well. Moreso, if the Colts can get an upfield rush with Mathis and Freeney, which could give Oher and McKinnnie problems, Colts could shock the world here.

Ravens1
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Bring on the 49er's!!!!!:hilarious:

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 06:16 PM ---

Oh Yeah. And bring back the Steelers to Baltimore Post Season (please god) to make the beatdown official.

MattyVfromCT
12-09-2011, 07:39 PM

Oh Yeah. And bring back the Steelers to Baltimore Post Season (please god) to make the beatdown official.

be careful what you wish for troll.........

DIESELMAN
12-09-2011, 07:44 PM

It would take Ben being hurt for the Rat-turds to pull a sweep. A real football fan would hope he was 100% healthy when we meet in the AFCCG, if you guys make it there.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

Ravens1
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
You're kidding right? You almost lost to the Browns at HOME!!!! You play them at their home Jan 1. Think you old farts can pull it off? I say you drop 49ers AND Browns at their home.:hilarious:

MattyVfromCT
12-09-2011, 07:54 PM
You're kidding right? You almost lost to the Browns at HOME!!!! You play them at their home Jan 1. Think you old farts can pull it off? I say you drop 49ers AND Browns at their home.:hilarious:

YOU lost to JACKSONVILLE, SEATTLE, AND TENNESSEE. hilarious

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Didnt you come on here last week and say the Bengals were going to give the Steelers a beatdown last Sunday?? How did that turn out for you??

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 07:06 PM ---

Not out or the realm of possibility that the Colts have a chance here. Vince Neil is no longer their QB, the have the guy Orlavsky playing and playing fairly well. Moreso, if the Colts can get an upfield rush with Mathis and Freeney, which could give Oher and McKinnnie problems, Colts could shock the world here.

I think the Colts can hang in this game with the Ravens longer then people think especially if Orlavsky can play like he did against the Pats. Orlavsky one thing about the guy even though people will always make fun of him for running out of bounds and taking that safety when he was on Detroit the guy is a gun slinger and he is not afraid to throw the ball down the field and take some chances and make some big plays. If he can get in some kind of rythem against this Ravens defense he will have a chance to make some plays in this game and at least keep it close and interesting for a good while...

LevonKirkland99
12-09-2011, 08:10 PM
On the other side of the Beltway, the ravens fans are basically saying they're going to the Superbowl and face the Packers. And they're crying that the media (espn) is not giving them any love .
They're so mad the media doesn't talk about them and their great season....Ravens fans love to complain even when they're winning?????

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 07:10 PM ---

Didnt you come on here last week and say the Bengals were going to give the Steelers a beatdown last Sunday?? How did that turn out for you??

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 07:06 PM ---

I think the Colts can hang in this game with the Ravens longer then people think especially if Orlavsky can play like he did against the Pats. Orlavsky one thing about the guy even though people will always make fun of him for running out of bounds and taking that safety when he was on Detroit the guy is a gun slinger and he is not afraid to throw the ball down the field and take some chances and make some big plays. If he can get in some kind of rythem against this Ravens defense he will have a chance to make some plays in this game and at least keep it close and interesting for a good while...

It would be interesting if the Colts can get their first win against the Ravs. If that happen, they will run Flacco and Cameron out of town. Ray Lewis becomes Assistant Coach and Ozzie gets fired :) :)

MattyVfromCT
12-09-2011, 08:16 PM
On the other side of the Beltway, the ravens fans are basically saying they're going to the Superbowl and face the Packers. And they're crying that the media (espn) is not giving them any love .
They're so mad the media doesn't talk about them and their great season....Ravens fans love to complain even when they're winning?????

seriously. the raven fans i know say NOBODY has a shot to beat the ravens in the playoffs in baltimore yet these fools fail to realize even before we went up a half game, new england would have the number 1 seed because of STRENGTH OF VICTORY. i see those losses to jax, ten and sea biting them in the ***..........

steelersbabex25
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM

I'm not getting where this "almost lost" is coming from. If you mean didn't win by 100 points, then yeah, I guess we "almost" lost. (Just like the Ravens ALMOST lost to the Cards. :haha:)

DIESELMAN
12-09-2011, 11:05 PM

All you do is run your mouth on another teams site. Give us a link to your Rat turd forum where you post and the name you go by over there. I'll pay you bitches a visit.....

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

xBlitzBurghx
12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Pussies wear purple. Enough said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

xBlitzBurghx
12-09-2011, 11:34 PM
You guys want to know what's hilarious? Losing to the seahawks, titans, and jags lmao hahhaahahahaha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Ravens fan on e or what ever the f it is. You must be pretty damn envious of us to be hanging out here among the best football fans in the world. Since that must bee the casz, welcome to the Nation. An invitation you will never experience in Baltimore or anywhere else for that mater. You do agree with that?

Mike

Speeed
12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Steelers Babe, I agree. Then by that logic, the Ravens almost lost to the Browns too. They scored 10 points on them, and were only ahead by 2 scores at the end of the game. The Ravens almost lost that one.

The Steelers were ahead by two scores, and the Browns only scored 3 points the entire game. What is the difference here? And, I have not seen the stats, but I would bet Ben, despite being mangled, threw for more yards and a better percentage that Flacco. And he missed some playing time.

Most of the analysis is beyond that guy though, I am sure. A quick glance at the score at the end of the game is about all he can handle once a week as far as analysis.

I'm not getting where this "almost lost" is coming from. If you mean didn't win by 100 points, then yeah, I guess we "almost" lost. (Just like the Ravens ALMOST lost to the Cards. :haha:)

StillinBaltimore
12-10-2011, 09:59 AM
If anyone was capable of having a monumental letdown... it is the Ravens fo sho. Especially against their step-dads in Indy.

LevonKirkland99
12-10-2011, 10:23 AM
If anyone was capable of having a monumental letdown... it is the Ravens fo sho. Especially against their step-dads in Indy.

I honestly can't see the Ravens loosing this game, unless they play on emotions. The team that left in the middle of the night....blahblahblah

Ravens1
12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Steelers Babe, I agree. Then by that logic, the Ravens almost lost to the Browns too. They scored 10 points on them, and were only ahead by 2 scores at the end of the game. The Ravens almost lost that one.

The Steelers were ahead by two scores, and the Browns only scored 3 points the entire game. What is the difference here? And, I have not seen the stats, but I would bet Ben, despite being mangled, threw for more yards and a better percentage that Flacco. And he missed some playing time.

Most of the analysis is beyond that guy though, I am sure. A quick glance at the score at the end of the game is about all he can handle once a week as far as analysis.

Watch the highlights. The shift was made to the running game, which would have allowed us to probably win the three we lost due to too much passing against a 4:3 defense. Secondly, after going up, it was obvious that we were on cruise control. No need to run up the score and risk more injuries.

BTW
Most high ankle sprains are initially treated with a walking boot or even a cast. The decision to use either a walking boot or cast depends on the severity of the injury and the preference of the treating physician. Both devices will restrict motion of the ankle as well as motion between the tibia and fibula, allowing the injured ligaments to heal. Again, it is important that injured individuals be informed that these injures take roughly twice as long to heal as lateral ankle sprains. In one large study, the average recovery time for these injuries was more than 40 days. As such, physical therapy may not be initiated for several weeks.

Let's see if Ben continuing to play on his injured ankle has cost his abilility to play against the 49ers. Or lets see if he jeapordizes his football and lifetime future by continuing to play on it agains San Fran. Either way one well placed good legal hit by a defense that can sack him will do it.:stirpot:

steelspikes
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Harrison92 makes good point. Unless Colts want to go 0-16, which is unlikely, they could pull off a V vs. Ratbirds. As stated, they played much better last week, giving the Pats a run for their money with Orlovsky @ QB.

Steel Trap86
12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Remember the Dolphins winless season a few years back? Well it wasn't really winless since they managed to beat Baltimore lol Then they fired their head coach who led them on a 1-15 season and the Ravens decided to hire him as their OC.

Indy beats the Rats :lol:

coldrolled
12-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Go Colts! Every game is a trap game with the colts. Eventually they will win...

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Whatever your smoking, you need to put it down. The Colts stink. The only team that is going to beat the Ravens the rest of the way is the Chargers.

Ravens1
12-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Remember the Dolphins winless season a few years back? Well it wasn't really winless since they managed to beat Baltimore lol Then they fired their head coach who led them on a 1-15 season and the Ravens decided to hire him as their OC.

Indy beats the Rats :lol:

Nice prognostication. Do your delusions apply to your team too? 24-3 two minutes left.:banana:

BTW, good luck on Monday Night Football. The whole world will be watching.

LevonKirkland99
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Nice prognostication. Do you're delusions apply to your team too? 24-3 two minutes left.:banana:

So you beat your old team without manning...Who gives a damn? No one cares about that game!

Ravens1
12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
So you beat your old team without manning...Who gives a damn? No one cares about that game!

And we without Lewis...but I digress.

1)Uh, you should. It puts us back above you.

2) Every game at this point matters for you. How you play and how we play. You shouldn't want to play every game in post season and also not have home field advantage. The injuries are getting serious and beginning to stack up.

3) Again, good luck for Monday Night Football. We'll be watching. And if you manage to pull it out, I'll be the first to give you credit.

4) We WANT to see you in Baltimore postseason so WE can have homefield advantage for a change. We'll see how important a factor THAT has been.

MattyVfromCT
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM

2) Every game at this point matters for you. How you play and how we play. You shouldn't want to play every game in post season and also not have home field advantage. The injuries are getting serious and beginning to stack up.

3) Again, good luck for Monday Night Football. We'll be watching. And if you manage to pull it out, I'll be the first to give you credit.

4) We WANT to see you in Baltimore postseason so WE can have homefield advantage for a change. We'll see how important a factor THAT has been.

you're the idiot. instead of talking about YOUR team on one of YOUR TEAM'S sites you're on here lapping at our balls as usual. i guess there is no cure for the little brother syndrome/inferiority comlex your entire fanbase has about the steelers. grow up and get a life.......

Speeed
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Ignore Ravens1. If nobody responds to him, then he can't participate here.

you're the idiot. instead of talking about YOUR team on one of YOUR TEAM'S sites you're on here lapping at our balls as usual. i guess there is no cure for the little brother syndrome/inferiority comlex your entire fanbase has about the steelers. grow up and get a life.......

Ravens1
12-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Ignore Ravens1. If nobody responds to him, then he can't participate here.

1) What's the point in preaching to the choir. No debate/fun when everyone agrees with you and is rooting for the same thing. Just like conflicts in films and conflicts on the football field...or in the stands for that matter, the movie is over when the conflict is done. Jesus christ, how are you going to fair when you come down to Baltimore and are outnumbered in the stands? Fold like you did...35-7 was it? Do you really need to be only surrounded by your own kind to feel good about your team?

2) Do you think you can get Arians to get a clue by posting on this board in frustration, or is it to prevent you from beating your wife or kicking the dog?

3)Do you think your postings will have any effect on the outcome of the game?

4)Staying injury free is part of the deal in being a winning team. Use it as an excuse for losing is whinning or as some of your cohorts like to say, being a pussy. This is football,get tougher players or protect them better.

I couldn't care less if you ignore me. But you can't ignore the Ravens. This year they have been and will continue to be your worst nightmare.

On second thought, because of your attitude, I hope you get thoroughly embarassed on Monday Night Football. We'll see who the pretenders are.

LevonKirkland99
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Raven fan did you forget how many years the Ravens were the Steelers' bitches? remember 2008? We won the SB that year by the way :)

You beat us twice this year, so what? we'll find a way to win. Your franchise will never be like ours, just keep yapping and putting all your hypethetical predictions.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
We need to keep winning! san diego will beat ratbirds IMO

Speeed
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Many of your responses have a rude tone. Many times you are spiteful and hateful. For some reason, you absolutely hate the Steelers and their fans. Just read your responses, you mention kicking dogs, beating wives, etc. What does that have to do with football? That is ridiculous and an embarrassment. Why do you post those kinds of statements?

I live just outside of Baltimore, so I don't have to "come down to Baltimore." I do respect a good football team, and the Ravens are a good football team. The Steelers are a good football team. But you know what, I don't hate the Ravens. Imagine that.

You accuse of me of stating injuries as a reason for losing a game. Please find the post and quote me.

And yes, the Ravens the beat Steelers twice this year. They earned the wins. They may vary well beat them in the playoffs, they may not. Both teams are playoff contenders, and are even possibly SB contenders. However, I am not sure either team is going to have much of a chance against GB.

You responded to me as if I am complainer and a whiner. You end up attacking almost everyone you respond to. I have done none of that. It seems you have one type of response - rude. I left a Ravens forum because it was full of rude idiots whose every post degraded into a Steelers hate thread. That is non-exsitent here.

The Steelers may very well get embarrassed Monday night. The Niner's are a good team. It happens to every team at one point or another anyway. But you know what? I will move on and look forward to next week. I won't go to a 49's forum and post hateful rude messages.

Too many fans have way less sportsmanship than the players. For some reason, they take it personal and it is reflected in their own lives. I don't understand.

I may have been a little out of line asking to ignore you. Regardless, I don't feel you bring much positive debate to this forum. Talking about wife and dog beating is just unwarranted and baffles me.

Don't forget, please find and locate the posts where I whine and use injuries as a reason for a Steeler's loss. I will concede that if you can find it.

Don't take football so personal. As you said, posts have no outcome on the game. But as fans we can discuss our wins and losses intelligently with tact and respect. There is no need for accusing others of wanting to beat their dog or wife, that is just uncalled for.

Anyway, from one football fan to another, just don't be so hateful.

:yellowthumb:

1) What's the point in preaching to the choir. No debate/fun when everyone agrees with you and is rooting for the same thing. Just like conflicts in films and conflicts on the football field...or in the stands for that matter, the movie is over when the conflict is done. Jesus christ, how are you going to fair when you come down to Baltimore and are outnumbered in the stands? Fold like you did...35-7 was it? Do you really need to be only surrounded by your own kind to feel good about your team?

2) Do you think you can get Arians to get a clue by posting on this board in frustration, or is it to prevent you from beating your wife or kicking the dog?

3)Do you think your postings will have any effect on the outcome of the game?

4)Staying injury free is part of the deal in being a winning team. Use it as an excuse for losing is whinning or as some of your cohorts like to say, being a pussy. This is football,get tougher players or protect them better.

I couldn't care less if you ignore me. But you can't ignore the Ravens. This year they have been and will continue to be your worst nightmare.

On second thought, because of your attitude, I hope you get thoroughly embarassed on Monday Night Football. We'll see who the pretenders are.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Blah Blah Blah it aint over til its over! Yeah your up by 2 in the head to head but there are three games to play! The ravens, not you, have been beaten by worse teams that the chargers, we`ll see.

Not over til your mother and girlfriend sing!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Yea them Niners are tough.....just lost to the Cards....lol 49ers are a fraud.......

Stairwayto7
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Yea them Niners are tough.....just lost to the Cards....lol 49ers are a fraud.......

lol Just another pretender team!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Plus San Diego is on the roll right now.......The Ravens lost to the Seahawks, Jags, Titans on the road......The Ratbirds could lose to the Chargers in San Diego so our resident Ratbird troll should worry about the Ravens imploding on the road again instead of wishing for Ben to be injured for the season or the 49ers beating the Steelers......

Black&Gold Munch
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Let's face it here folks, if the Steelers are going to have hopes of getting back to the Super Bowl they are going to have to beat good teams. The 49ers are a good team so it's time to man up and see how bad they want it!

coldrolled
12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Go Chargers... Rivers has his team back on the field after injuries and the points are piling up. Flacco may have a hard time keeping up with a hot SD offense.

Go Tebow!

Moondog
12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
The Bolts are going to beat the turds, then all the hand wringing will be in Baltimore on Monday night as they watch little brother Jimmy Harbaugh be exposed in front of a national audience. No regular season Gatorade showers here. The Ravens are not going anywhere near Indianapolis.