PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Concerned about Heath?

SteelDad
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Over the last 3 games he has a total of 4 receptions and more drops than I can ever remember him having in consecutive games. Throw in the fumble and the lack of targets recently and this all troubles me. Teams are starting to lock safeties on him rather than LBs and I'm not sure he or Arians has adjusted yet.

coldrolled
12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Arians and adjusting does not really go together.

Was Saunders hurt?

I like Cotchery, we need to use him more, he finds open spaces fast.

SteelDad
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Arians and adjusting does not really go together.

Was Saunders hurt?

I like Cotchery, we need to use him more, he finds open spaces fast.

1. Agree
2. I wonder the same thing.
3. Same here.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Heath is one of the most reliable TE's in the league...i'm not worried one bit...first real cold game of the season and Heath was hit pretty hard on that fumble

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
NO...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't say I'm concerned about Heath making plays just yet. He's been doing this for a long time and has been the most consistent, reliable, safety valve for Ben that you can hope for.

I do think he's in a bit of a slump this last month though with the fumble, drops, and overall lack of clutch play but I have faith he'll battle out of it. I have seen them starting to roll a Safety his way rather than a linebacker which is something he's not used to seeing. I think though as you start to see more of Brown and Wallace making plays and when Sanders gets back, you'll start seeing Heath get that linebacker coverage again.

With Emmanuel Sanders being out and Hines not getting many looks these days that allows the defense to lock in more on Heath.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
i love heath. but he was carrying that ball like a loaf of bread. the play made on hines was a good hit.

SnakeEyes43
12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
If it becomes a trend and continues into the Playoffs, then I'm worried. Right now my gut tells me he'll bounce back.

WindyCityShaker
12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I have seen them starting to roll a Safety his way rather than a linebacker which is something he's not used to seeing. I think though as you start to see more of Brown and Wallace making plays and when Sanders gets back, you'll start seeing Heath get that linebacker coverage again.

With Emmanuel Sanders being out and Hines not getting many looks these days that allows the defense to lock in more on Heath.

Please, please, please let other teams start rolling that safety his way, he will adjust after a while but in the meantime that means either MW or AB will have some more opportunities down the field. :yellowthumb:

Rampage
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm not worried about Heath. Guys have ups and downs in a season, so I figure he'll get past this.

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
One of the most or maybe thee most unselfish player in the league! No worries, he does have a few fumbles though. But he usually catches everything and blocks like a mad man!

Zachintosh66
12-09-2011, 01:56 PM
hes fine... bigger issues than him. he did fumble but big hit and perfect placement by the d, no worries...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Sometimes those types of fumbles just happen. The players helmet is placed perfectly on the ball and it pops out. Heath is no stranger to that type of tackle, he gets taken down that way all the time. That's how you're taught to handle big receivers in the game, take their legs out. He holds onto that ball 9-10 times. He'll be fine. I also agree that with Sanders out and Ward no longer a major threat teams can roll more coverage in the form of Safeties his way and that isn't something he's used too.

uclkyle
12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Worried about the fact that Heath Miller is overrated and isn't a very good player. Na, I'm not concerned. He's never been a realy asset to the team, unless you count consistent fumbles and drops.

Goodfrom55
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
No. Between AB and Heath, there aren't too more steady Steelers on the roster right now. The timing of the fumble sucked, but credit Joe Haden with a good Tackle.

connecticutsteel
12-10-2011, 04:40 AM
they need to put in a package for Saunders to take the focus off heath

--- Added 12/10/2011 at 03:40 AM ---

Worried about the fact that Heath Miller is overrated and isn't a very good player. Na, I'm not concerned. He's never been a realy asset to the team, unless you count consistent fumbles and drops.

your kidding right?

86WARD
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome back to Bruce Arians offense...

CowherPower
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM

I would respectfully, yet adamantly disagree with you. Heath Miller has been everything you want in a Tight End and then some. He can block anyone and has hands as good as any receiver. He catches everything, takes the big hit, gets back up and does it again. He doesn't mouth off, doesn't cause a scene, he just comes to work and takes care of business.

He is in a bit of a slump right now, but every player goes through it. He'll adjust and come out with a big game here soon.

DBR96A
12-11-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm not worried about Heath Miller; he's one of our most reliable players.

Be that as it may, I've noticed that the in those rare instances when he makes a mistake, he really ****s up bad. :evilshake: