PDA

View Full Version : Confidence in Charlie Batch?

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Do we want to go into the playoffs with Batch as the back up the only back up? I understand that he hasnt seen much of the field, but he looked lost. Hell he looked as if he didnt want to even be there. Would you consider McNabb just for the remainder of this season? Depending on the cost, I would!

steelersbabex25
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Hard knock life when you have one backup with a broken arm and the other has been inactive for the past 2 months.

jpele
12-09-2011, 08:43 AM
It would be like poking the Eagles in the eye if McNabb won a ring with the Steelers. :lol:

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Do we want to go into the playoffs with Batch as the back up the only back up? I understand that he hasnt seen much of the field, but he looked lost. Hell he looked as if he didnt want to even be there. Would you consider McNabb just for the remainder of this season? Depending on the cost, I would!

i gotta admit, that thought crossed my mind when the vikings released him. i doubt we could afford him, but it wouldn't be the worst idea to think about him as an insurance policy.

StillinBaltimore
12-09-2011, 09:47 AM
It would be like poking the Eagles in the eye if McNabb won a ring with the Steelers. :lol:

That would make it worth it for me!!!! I'm in!!!!! lmao

CowherPower
12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
When Batch came into the game the offense was completely deflated. In his defense, he came in cold, literally and figuratively, and your starting QB just went down with a horrible ankle/leg injury. You don't know as players how bad it is and you're in the middle of a dogfight.

Batch comes in and fortunately it was close to halftime so the offense was basically just trying to get through the shock of what happened and get to the locker room to regroup and figure out the gameplan. You're game plan doesn't necessarily change when Batch comes in although you're probably going to run the ball more than you might have planned.

If Ben doesn't come back, the Steelers may have still won but I'm not totally convinced as such. You saw how the offense rallied around Ben when he came back with running the ball. You're excited, adrenaline is pumping, you're in a zone trying to rally to the cause. You'd like to think they could do the same thing when Charlie comes in but would it be as successful?

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Batch and Moore are over the hill done... Stick a fork in them, I hope like hell Ben heals up FAST!

Clevelandsux
12-09-2011, 02:24 PM
How about dressing dixon? I think the only reason Batch is on the team is because Leftwich went down. I love Charlie, but he seemed very rusty.

Rampage
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't think he has the arm strength to make many plays anymore. That pass out to Heath that went incomplete took way too long to get out there.

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 02:39 PM
i gotta admit, that thought crossed my mind when the vikings released him. i doubt we could afford him, but it wouldn't be the worst idea to think about him as an insurance policy.

But can we not afford to get him?? His contract divided by three remaing games and playoffs???

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Dixon at this point needs to be dressed after the injury to Ben just to be safe...I agree that Charlie Batch might be done I dont see him doing much if you have to depend on him to carry the load and win you any type of game...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
If Batch is given a full week's worth of snaps and has a chance to play with the starting unit in practice, you have to think he'll be able to play better than last night. I realize as a backup you have to ready at a moments notice. The fact is he's a backup, he's been one for a long time now. He makes the team every year because he knows the offense and has won some games when he played.

Do I think he could lead this team long term, no, but for a game or 2 I wouldn't lose total hope in the season.

scott0326
12-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I have literally no confidence in Batch at all. I would feel more confident with Dixon, McNabb or Roethlisberger with one arm at QB.

Goodfrom55
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't think he has the arm strength to make many plays anymore. That pass out to Heath that went incomplete took way too long to get out there.

he almost needed a cutoff man. I suppose if he gets reps this week or splits them with Dix, I'm sure Batch would be OK at best. DOn't forget, niners are very vulnerable in the secondary and they will likely be without Patrick Willis with a bad hammy.

LarryNJ
12-10-2011, 01:16 AM
We talked about this in the preseason, I had zero faith in him than, now I have negative faith in him. I don't see how he can make it for a game or 2 when he can't even make it for a series or 2.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Sad to see it for this team in it's hour of need. Management asleep at the switch.

steelersbabex25
12-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Did anyone else giggle a little everytime Charlie tried to throw the ball..

coldrolled
12-10-2011, 09:36 AM
We talked about this in the preseason, I had zero faith in him than, now I have negative faith in him. I don't see how he can make it for a game or 2 when he can't even make it for a series or 2.

i was thinking INT.. And no playoffs.... Bring in Dixon in, he can run.

86WARD
12-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Favre >>>>>>>>>>> McNabb

Stairwayto7
12-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Did anyone else giggle a little everytime Charlie tried to throw the ball..

LOL may have been a little comical Thursday but I would have wanted to kill him if it were a playoff game

coldrolled
12-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Favre >>>>>>>>>>> McNabb

Would McNabb control our offense better then Dixon or Batch right now?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
There's no way I'd take McNabb as our QB over Batch or Dixon. McNabb has been washed up for the last 2 years and wouldn't the foggiest idea of running an offense like the Steelers do. As fragile is Batch is atleast he knows the offense. Same with Dixon.

StillersSound
12-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I think it was just a matter of not being prepared on his part. I know we all remember what he was able to do last year. I think this is another reason why you let Batch start on MNF if the Ravens beat the Chargers. Give Batch some reps and let Ben get some much needed rest.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I think it was just a matter of not being prepared on his part. I know we all remember what he was able to do last year. I think this is another reason why you let Batch start on MNF if the Ravens beat the Chargers. Give Batch some reps and let Ben get some much needed rest.

I dont think we can afford to rest him yet!

StillersSound
12-12-2011, 04:18 AM
I dont think we can afford to rest him yet!

Why not? They are pretty much a lock for the 5th seed. Why fight for something you can't even control for one week of rest you might not get when you can take two?