PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best WR on the Steelers right now?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Mike Wallace, right? Not so fast there skippy, because a case can be made for Antonio Brown as well. You can argue that one on has been hotter this last month than Brown has been for the Steelers.

Wallace has already eclipsed the 1000 yd mark for the 3rd year in a row, a feat done only 2 other times in Steelers history. He runs a sub 4.3 40 and has moves that will

Antonio Brown has a punt return for TD against the Bengals and a 79 yd TD reception late in the Browns game to secure the win.

Right now you might give the edge to Wallace because of the stats and speed, but Brown is quickly gaining on him.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Mike Wallace, right? Not so fast there skippy, because a case can be made for Antonio Brown as well. You can argue that one on has been hotter this last month than Brown has been for the Steelers.

Wallace has already eclipsed the 1000 yd mark for the 3rd year in a row, a feat done only 2 other times in Steelers history. He runs a sub 4.3 40 and has moves that will

Antonio Brown has a punt return for TD against the Bengals and a 79 yd TD reception late in the Browns game to secure the win.

Right now you might give the edge to Wallace because of the stats and speed, but Brown is quickly gaining on him.

They're both special and different really.......but right now its Wallace.....Wallace has the respect of defenses which allows the other WR's to receive single coverage....I'm not knocking Brown at all and think he is damn good.........Really the sky is the limit for the kid but right now its Wallace 1 A and Brown 1 B.........:lol:

Clevelandsux
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Wallace has been getting double teamed, which leaves Brown more opportunity. I always liked Brown. I thought he should have gotten more opportunity last year over Sanders.

Diehardsteel
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
As of right now I believe it's AB. I like his overall football skill a tad bit more. His ability to go up and catch a football so cleanly amazes me. He also has some great adjustment to the ball. Wallace is still a monster and I wouldn't even try and argue with anyone who says he's the best as of now.

Wallace #1
Brown #1a?

uclkyle
12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Wallace is better. He draws more coverage. Brown is great too, but Wallace is elite.

scott0326
12-09-2011, 02:46 AM
I don't really care to debate it, all I know is this is a great "problem" to have. I can't wait till Sanders is finally healthy (if he ever is), because I think he is also going to be something special.

steelersbabex25
12-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Still Wallace. Brown is clutch right now, but he's very much benefiting from Wallace being double teamed every play.

Farrior Fan
12-09-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't know what it is, but I just know that AB is going to be the best WR in the NFL. And its not going to be 2 years from now. He is so explosive and just has that instinct that cannot be taught. My cousin was watching the game with me last night (he's a Skins fan) and as soon as AB caught the TD pass and made the first move I yelled out Touchdown. He said immediately your crazy they have 2 safeties.

I love Wallace and know that he is matched up against the other teams top CB and sometimes doubled. But right now AB is making more big plays and has that attitude that he is the best player on the field at all times.

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 08:41 AM
AB, MW, MS, JC, HW

Wallace is losing pace IMO! This is no knock on him just a fact, BB and AB have something going right now..

coldrolled
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
17, 84, 89, 83 should be on the field together often.

funny when ben is broken in the foot, the crossing routes and slants pop out of the play book.

we do good then too... we move the chains fast...

if ben is slowed down against the 49'ers with this foot, we will destroy them.

igor0190
12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
17, 84, 89, 83 should be on the field together often.

funny when ben is broken in the foot, the crossing routes and slants pop out of the play book.

we do good then too... we move the chains fast...

if ben is slowed down against the 49'ers with this foot, we will destroy them.

Sooo true :plus1:

Big T
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Definitely Wallace, who's shown recently that he can score inside the 20 as well (That TD taken off the board was damn impressive). AB is playing out of his mind but he's still the #2

MDSteel15
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
How about WHO CARES! Thye compliment each other perfectly and hopefully for a long time to come!!!

Rampage
12-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Very hard to say, but Brown looks like he is trying to be the #1 guy. Some of the catch and run plays that he is making right now are really reminding me of Holmes. I wonder if his improvement is going to pressure Wallace to try to improve his game even further (routes going over the middle, for instance).

Sir Blitzelot
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Brown, he's playing out of his mind right now.

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I honestly think they are 1A and 1B.

Wallace has the speed and moves, but he also has the defenses doubling him more.

Brown has great speed, not as much as Wallace, but good moves and I believe he is more confident.

I think Ben will find Brown in single coverage more often than Wallace.

Then my 3 would now be Cothery, he has solid hands! This guy still has some life in him.

Sanders and Hines are the unknowns to me, Hines will get to 1000, but will they be useful cathces? And Sanders cant seem to stay healthy. coming in to the season anders was suppose to be No 2. Thank God Brown has stepped it up!

Steel Trap86
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Most of you know I've always been a Brown fan, I liked the pick and been following his production through-out his 2 seasons with the Steelers. Him and Wallace are going to be the sickest combo in the NFL next year. Wallace launched himself into the top 5 this season, but Brown will be our best receiver by next year. Mark it down.

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Most of you know I've always been a Brown fan, I liked the pick and been following his production through-out his 2 seasons with the Steelers. Him and Wallace are going to be the sickest combo in the NFL next year. Wallace launched himself into the top 5 this season, but Brown will be our best receiver by next year. Mark it down.

I don't doubt it!