PDA

View Full Version : Will Gay saves the day, AGAIN!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Dare we actually say SteelerNation, that our very own love to hate him, Will Gay is actually turning himself into a pretty darn good Cornerback. This is twice now this season that he has literally saved the game with a late INT to thwart the opposition's Game winning touchdown drive.

He did it again tonight in the endzone with just under 3 minutes left as Colt McCoy badly underthrew his pass and Gay was happy to step up and take the ball out of the air.

So far on the season, counting Thursday night he has 48 Tackles and 2 Interceptions. Both of which as I mentioned were game saving picks. Gay is longer the whipping boy that we all love to hate, love to rag on, and love to blame for losses. His offseason work, preseason effort, and overall play so far in 2011 has been a blessing on this team. In a year where the Steelers draft 2 CB's and see Keenan Lewis step up his game, Gay has done the same and taken his game to a new level.

Credit Carnell Lake for this turnaround as much as you credit the man himself. The Lake Effect has been amazing for our secondary.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Big play Willie Gay...lol

steelersbabex25
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
They don't call him Big Play Willie Gay for nothing.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
You have to give the guy credit; he never stopped believing in himself. He never blamed anyone for his poor play in years past. When he makes a good play he gives all the credit to his teammates and coaches. He's humble, a good team player, and man is it nice to see this kid finally start coming into his own.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
I always liked Gay.....thought he has been solid for a 5th round pick....When you match up with monster freak TE's Gronkowski he will fail.....but he shouldn't be asked to matchup with those types.......

harpo
12-09-2011, 07:42 AM
I am very happy for him. He had a great game overall. He was making plays all night (pass defenses, tackling, INTs). This will be huge for his confidence moving forward.:tt02::yellowthumb:

jpele
12-09-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm one of those that love to hate Gay and will admit I was wrong. I hope he's around for awhile and the young guys keep pushing to keep Willie's level of play high.

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2011, 08:10 AM
he definitely has stepped up his game, especially in the last few weeks. he almost had 2 picks last night when he made a great play earlier in the game in the end zone. well done willie!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Suddenly he's a guy that will garner some attention in the free agent market. The Steelers didn't have trouble signing to his one year deal this past offseason but after this year he's shown that while he may not be a top flight corner he can certainly hold his own in most situations.

coldrolled
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Lake must have Cortez, Lewis and Brown breathing down Gay's neck and he is responding.

See you McFadden...

Zachintosh66
12-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Willie did have a good game... (was that a positive comment from me about Willie?)

Goodfrom55
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
He played better, but dropped a sure INT in the endzone earlier in the game. All in all, I give him a "B" so far this season, which is a major upgrade from season's past.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Willie did have a good game... (was that a positive comment from me about Willie?)

LOL, He hates being called Willie. I think a member of the media called him Willie in training camp and he's like, it's Will or William..I ain't no Willie :lol:

LatrobePA
12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Through 13 games we're still #1 against the pass, IMO that's impressive! William, Will, Willie or whoever has been solid!

coldrolled
12-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Through 13 games we're still #1 against the pass, IMO that's impressive! William, Will, Willie or whoever has been solid!

GAY right?

LatrobePA
12-10-2011, 10:02 AM
GAY right?

Willie B Gay

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
You have to give the guy credit; he never stopped believing in himself. He never blamed anyone for his poor play in years past. When he makes a good play he gives all the credit to his teammates and coaches. He's humble, a good team player, and man is it nice to see this kid finally start coming into his own.

I"ve been bashing Gay but I've got to stop and give him his due.

Black&Gold Munch
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Matt would bitch and complain about this guy all the time. Will Gay this, and Will Gay that. I felt bad for him, lol. These last few games that I've been watching I have to say the guy looks better and better.

Dobre Shunka
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Will the Gay bashing cease?

coldrolled
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Will the Gay bashing cease?

Go Gay! :banana:

Farrior Fan
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I used to hate Gay, he couldn't cover anyone. But I think a big part of it was the way we had him line up 10 yards from the LOS and cover big TE's. This year he has looked really good except for one game when I started yelling at the TV "no not that willie gay". Cant even remember which game it was because he has played really well since. Forgive me for being a Gay basher, because now I really like him.

Hell is it possible that if Willie can become better that BA can become better? lol