PDA

View Full Version : Defense Dominates Yet We Complain

SteelDad
12-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I myself scream from the rooftops every time we give up a 3rd and long but we gave up just 3 tonight and although we gave up some yards at times we were good. Kudos to LeBeau and the gang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
12-09-2011, 12:37 AM
The only time I complained was when they gave up 23 yards on a 3rd and 20 on a draw play.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 12:44 AM
If it wasn't for the defense tonight, there's no guarantee we win this game and quite honestly we probably don't win it.

3 Sacks, 2 Interceptions, 1 FF from a group that gave up a 29 yds on a 3rd and 22 and then followed it up with a sack on 3rd and 4. A group that keeps drives alive with personal fouls for hits out of bounds, roughing the passer with a helmet to helmet hit, and follows it up with a game saving interception in the end zone.

A night where Ryan Clark has 10 total Tackles; Jason Worilds has 9 with 2 Sacks and a FF. Troy Polamalu gets a Interception but guesses way wrong on multiple occasions in coverage, giving up big plays.

Ziggy Hood leaves with a groin injury, Chris Hoke is gone for the year and Steve McLendon has 2 Tackles and a 1/2 sack.

After all that they have allowed just 1 TD in the last 3 games. Yes folks, that is our defense!

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Defense played well, but it was the browns and mccoy

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I thought the defense was fine....sure it looked a real vanilla defense at times tonight but I think the fact it was the Browns was a factor in that.......Only reason this game was close was two offensive fumbles in the first half and Ben's injury.....

Stairwayto7
12-09-2011, 01:04 AM
I thought the defense was fine....sure it looked a real vanilla defense at times tonight but I think the fact it was the Browns was a factor in that.......Only reason this game was close was two offensive fumbles in the first half and Ben's injury.....

True those fumbles would have killed us if it were a good team. We were playing well and arians was calling a good game before that

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
The Browns were looking like the Patriots early on. Dinking and Dunking and then going down the middle of the field where the Steelers secondary was nowhere to be found. They had an aggressive gameplan called and the Steelers came out flat.

Lawrence Timmons said after the game they didn't come out and play like they planned; but they adjusted after the first quarter and started to find their groove. If it wasn't for their play in the 2nd half the Steelers don't win that game. Charlie Batch could do nothing and the Steeler offense was deflated when Ben went out. The Defense kept the Browns out of the end zone.