PDA

View Full Version : Ben's ankle injury in Brown's game. It's not supposed to bend that way!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 10:36 PM
So Ben stands tall, waiting for Antonio Brown to come open...waiting, waiting, everyone is covered and he gets high/lowed by the Browns defense. The ankle just does not bend that way at all, ever. The pain on his face as he was going down was awful to watch.

He was helped to the locker room immediately, not able to put any pressure on the ankle. He was seen in the locker room with his shoe and sock off, getting onto a cart apparently going for an xray.

Honestly, you live and die by Ben holding onto the ball but this is one of those times where that play will be scrutinized 9 ways to Sunday. Sometimes you just have to throw it away.

The entire Steeler Nation immediately went into prayer mode and the air went completely out of Heinz Field.

During Halftime; Mike Tomlin said X-rays were negative and right now it's either a high ankle sprain or lower leg injury.

After the game: Coach Tomlin confirmed it was a high ankle sprain after the game in press conference. At Halftime he talked with Ben:
Tomlin: "The doctors say you're ok to go, do you want to go back in?"
Ben: "Absolutely"
Tomlin: "Ok let's do it then."

Ben finishes the game 16/21, 280 yds. 2 TD's. 1 INT. Passer rating of 129.9

Franchise QB...yeah I'd say so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQ45F87gyw

JShare86
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Well we had a good year guys

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
He was walking on it a bit. My bet high ankle sprain...

Stairwayto7
12-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I fx rays were positive they wouldnt let him walk, i say he is getting taped up right now

harpo
12-08-2011, 11:03 PM
NFL Network just reported the x-rays were negative. Might be a high ankle sprain.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Xray's were negative; Tomlin said it's either a high ankle sprain or a lower leg injury. No more news yet.

Goodfrom55
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
If not for the tape job, it would be broken no soubt. let's regroup here, stay out of 3rd and long, and no more &%##$ turnovers. Defense, surprise surprise, but we need you to win the game for us - again.

harpo
12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Ben is warming up.:plus1:

I'm sure he got a shot and wants to see if he can give it a go.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Ben came back on the field to start the 2nd half. Limping noticeably and no Maurkice Pouney at Center. Unbelievable.

SteelerCountry58
12-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, because I have such confidence in Charlie "Freakin" Batch!:eek:
Colbert needs to address a better backup next year,either free agent or draft.
Let's hope Ben will be fine.:crossfingers:

Scorp
12-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Super Ben is hungry for brownies. That's our warrior right therebaby. #7.

$teelersRule
12-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Ben is the toughest guy in the NFL :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 12:27 AM
So all Ben does is finish the game with a 79 yd TD pass to Antonio Brown with just under 3 minutes to go. Finishing the game 17/22, 280 yds 2 TD's, 1 INT

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Updated first post. Per Tomlin, it's a definite high ankle sprain. The team doctors said it was ok for Ben to go back in the game and Tomlin had no doubts about putting him back in.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
All I know is, I wouldn't want to see Ben's ankle tomorrow morning. His wife is going to have to help him out of bed for sure; that thing is going to swell up like a balloon. He'll be in a walking boot I'm sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 01:19 AM
He won't practice much but he will play against San Francisco........no doubt.....

Lunchbucket
12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
If Ben can not go against SF,(or anyone else this year for that matter),our season is done.Charlie is not the answer.I agree we need to find some new blood as a backup.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
If Ben can not go against SF,(or anyone else this year for that matter),our season is done.Charlie is not the answer.I agree we need to find some new blood as a backup.

You really think Ben is going to miss a game?......Ben will play and Ben will be fine...Not pretty but will lead the team to victory...In Ben We Trust.......

KSSteelerfan
12-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Good to know it wasn't a serious season ending injury although it's never a good thing when Ben gets hurt. Hopefully BR will heal fairly quickly and next time not hold the ball so long...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is hoping the MRI he is scheduled to take Friday will confirm that he sustained a high-ankle sprain in the Steelers’ 14-3 win over the Browns.

Roethlisberger stayed down in the second quarter after getting hit low by Browns defensive tackle Scott Paxson. He played the entire second half after an X-ray showed no breaks and the Steelers green-lighted his return to the field.
That clearance came after Roethlisberger received one of the biggest scares of his career.

“I thought my leg was broken, honestly,” Roethlisberger said. “One of the most painful things I’ve ever felt. I didn’t want to feel that my foot was outside of my leg.
“The plan on my part was basically to give it one or two more plays and see how I could do it. It wasn’t for any other reason than to be out there for my guys.”
Said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, “The doctors said he was OK to go. He wanted to go. We know what a competitor he is. We know his pain tolerance. We know what he’s capable of.”

Roethlisberger has the benefit of an extended break -– the Steelers don’t play again until a week from Monday in San Francisco -– to get healthy. He said the MRI will help determine the severity of his latest injury and the course of action he needs to take to play against the 49ers on Dec. 19.

Roethlisberger completed 16 of 21 passes for 280 yards and a pair of touchdowns. His 79-yard touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter preserved the Steelers’ 10th win of the season.

Afterward, Roethlisberger limped heavily as he made his way to the shower, stopping to allow Steelers trainer John Norwig to wrap his left ankle in ice.
“People want to hate on him all they want but the guy’s one of the toughest competitors in this game,” Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said.

Keisel said he was “surprised” that Roethlisberger returned at all after going straight from the field to the Steelers’ locker room with six minutes left in the second quarter.
“We came in here and didn’t see during halftime and I think everybody was kind of ready to go out without him and we get out there and he’s taking snaps from (center Doug) Legursky,” Keisel said.

Roethlisberger said the first high ankle injury he has sustained limited his mobility in the second half, and he lauded the job the Steelers offensive line did in protecting him.
“I really couldn’t drop back to pass and really couldn’t step into my throws,” said Roethlisberger, who finished with his highest passer rating of the season at 129.6. “They did such a phenomenal job of kind of keeping me clean. That was my intention of coming back. I wanted to be there for the guys and let them know I’m going to fight for them.”

Asked about his long touchdown pass to Brown, Roethlisberger chuckled.
“I’m glad he scored because I wouldn’t have made it down there if we had to run another play,” he said.SteelMill Blog, TribLive- Scott Brown
(http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/12/09/updated-ben-story/#.TuGrkgx5ash.mailto)

Lunchbucket
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
You really think Ben is going to miss a game?......Ben will play and Ben will be fine...Not pretty but will lead the team to victory...In Ben We Trust.......

What I really think is, if Ben goes down, at any time for any reason,we are in trouble and it needs fixin.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't want to be Ben trying to get out of bed this morning, let alone walk. I'm quite sure his wife Ashley will be helping him around the house before he goes to the facility for the MRI and treatment.

No matter how bad it is or isn't, he'll be in a walking boot for a few days atleast.

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't want to be Ben trying to get out of bed this morning, let alone walk. I'm quite sure his wife Ashley will be helping him around the house before he goes to the facility for the MRI and treatment.

No matter how bad it is or isn't, he'll be in a walking boot for a few days atleast.

For sure...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Loaded up a video of it in the first post...hurts me just looking at it.

Rampage
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Take a salt tablet.

Seriously, how many times has Ben done this now? Take a huge hit that looks like it will take him out of the game and bam, he's back in later on.

Still, if he only would have thrown the ball away on that play.

SnakeEyes43
12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
One. Tough. Sumbitch.

LatrobePA
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Still, if he only would have thrown the ball away on that play.

This would of been a good one for that...

But honestly, BA was going ape **** passing the ball, run, run, run against the leagues worst rushing D...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Our friend Scott Brown from the Trib reports (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/12/09/mri-confirms-high-ankle-sprain-for-ben/#.TuKFKCJrizI.twitter) that an MRI taken today confirmed that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sustained a high-ankle sprain in the Steelers’ 14-3 win over the Browns.
Roethlisberger is in a walking boot and in a considerable amount of pain after receiving one of the biggest scares of his career.

Roethlisberger’s left foot got folded under his leg after he was hit low by Browns defensive tackle Scott Paxson in the second quarter.

Roethlisberger said he thought he had broken his leg, and he surprised many of his teammates by hobbling back onto the field after halftime and playing the entire second half.

He completed 8 of 12 passes for 178 yards and a touchdown in the second half. Roethlisberger also posted his higher passer rating of the season (129.6) despite playing on a bad leg for half the game.

It looks like it is going to be real close as to whether Roethlisberger will be able play Dec. 19 in San Francisco. The extra days of rest the Steelers get because of the schedule should help, but most players wouldn’t be able to make it make so soon after sustaining such a gruesome injury.

Then again, Roethlisberger isn’t most players as he showed in one of his career-defining performances.

Probably the best way to put his prospects for playing against the 49ers is this: Don’t bet on him. Don’t bet against him either.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Ben will play against the 49ers........He came back last night........He probably won't practice much leading up to the 49er game but he will play.....

MattyVfromCT
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
funny thing is, tons of IDIOT fans of teams around the league on facebook, message boards, youtube, espn.com, raio station callers, etc have actually convinced themselves that ben "fakes" injuries so people will talk about how tough he is, including last night. there was some jackass cheatriots fan who called up 93.7 today talking all this bs how the hit wasnt that bad in his **** opinion lol. also went as far to say phil rivers is hands down a better qb than ben. sounds like someone is a little butthurt that his qb is the postergirl for tampex.

and like i tell all these fools that ever say this **** to me. ok, let's have a 300 pound man fall on your ankle the same way so you can reenact how ben was "faking it". let's see how tough your sorry *** is lol. i mean i've heard some stupid **** from steeler haters but this "faking injuries" theory takes the cake. how the **** do you "fake" a broken thumb, broken foot, broken nose, multiple concussions, hyperextended knee, high ankle sprain, separated shoulder, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, ETC........... lol, thats when they fire back with the steelers organization and medical staff lies about the mri/xray results because they are part of the "conspiracy" to make ben look tough lmfao!!!

Goodfrom55
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
This would of been a good one for that...

But honestly, BA was going ape **** passing the ball, run, run, run against the leagues worst rushing D...

Had Ben noticed, before the big hit, he had Mendenhall WIDE OPEN in the left flat with no one around him for 20 yards.

DBR96A
12-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Had Ben noticed, before the big hit, he had Mendenhall WIDE OPEN in the left flat with no one around him for 20 yards.

You never throw the ball back across the field, especially not if you have defenders pursuing you from the direction in which you'd throw.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2011, 12:58 AM
We'll get an update on Ben's status on Tuesday from Tomlin in his presser. If I'm the Steelers I keep him in a boot all week long regardless of how good he "might" feel. All I know is you can't ever count him out. He'll keep fighting no matter what and if he can get on the field in a wheel chair he'll be out there.

When I twisted my ankle a few months back I was in an air cast for 2 1/2 weeks or so and that wasn't even a high ankle sprain. LOL