PDA

View Full Version : Harrison fulfilling coach's prophecy

jpele
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Great article on Harrison:

Kent State played at pass-happy Purdue, which was led by quarterback Drew Brees. Harrison's teammate, Reggie Crook, remembers how Purdue kept throwing, Harrison kept blitzing and the Harrison-Brees battle continued throughout the game.

Harrison kept getting to Brees, and after one especially stiff shot Crook said Brees told Harrison something to the effect of "Don't hit me like that — I'm going to ‘The League.’"

Harrison's response to Brees, Crook said, included a few colorful unprintables — and this: "You have to make it out of this game first."

Harrison's final act on the collegiate football field was using his bull-rush to record back-to-back, win-saving sacks on the final two plays of Kent's season finale. The opponent was Miami of Ohio. The quarterback was Ben Roethlisberger.

"He body-slammed Roethlisberger, too," Cribbs said.

Link (http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/07/11/Harrison-fulfilling-coachs-prophecy/landing.html?blockID=621608&feedID=3725)

LatrobePA
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
lol I didn't know this...

SnakeEyes43
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Freaking sweet! Love the Brees quote, hahaha. I never knew that Harrison not only played Ben in college, but bodyslammed him twice to win the game...crazy.

jpele
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Bet it's a relief for Ben knowing JH is a Steeler

HUNT4SEVEN
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
CLASSIC!!! thanks for sharing that was nice...

DIESELMAN
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Harrison's response to Brees, Crook said, included a few colorful unprintables — and this: "You have to make it out of this game

Cool!!!! Sounds like something another Kent St. Linebacker would say. :woot:

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk