PDA

View Full Version : E Sanders: Injury Prone?

SteelDad
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
As much as I like Emmanuel Sanders, I can't help but wonder if he'll ever be able to shake the injury bug. Since going down with the injury in the SB, he's been hampered by knee and foot injuries. Yes, he had to deal with his mother passing, but he was going to be out with that game anyway with the knee problem.

Sanders will miss the game again tonight, which means we may NEED Hines to catch 4-6 balls tonight and we have to get Heath back involved in the gameplan as well.

LatrobePA
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I do agree he seems injury prone but I wonder if he was ever really healed from the work he had done this offseason...

SteelDad
12-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I do agree he seems injury prone but I wonder if he was ever really healed from the work he had done this offseason...

This is my hope as well. I'm thinking a nice off-season following a SB victory of course, would be just what he needs.

Raleigh Steel
12-08-2011, 09:40 AM
a lot of times when you have an injury, you use the rest of your body to overcompensate while you are rehabbing. that overcompensation can lead to other injuries because it can throw you body out of wack...so to speak.

perhaps he got poor advice while rehabbing. or he didn't follow good advice while on his own during rehabilitation. or maybe, he is just injury prone. we won't really know until next season.

i sure as hell hope he isn't injury prone. he could be a stud for this team for many years if he isn't.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm not worried about the knee injury he had earlier this year, that happens to many players during the season and throughout their careers. Sometimes that stuff just happens.

The foot injury is a bit of a concern though, considering he had problems with both feet. I'd like to think that because he had the extra procedure done in the preseason that he just didn't give it enough time to heal and during this coming offseason he'll be able to give it a good 6 months worth of rest and he'll be fine. I'm not completely confident in that thinking though and we just have to hope this doesn't become problematic.

Goodfrom55
12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I just think he rushed back to early because he was afraid of dropping on the depth chart. These guys have to take care of themselves and not be so insecure about their jobs, considering how much upside he has. He does the Steelers no good on the sidelines because he came back too soon.

StillinBaltimore
12-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Thats a good point. If you have something nagging it will spread. Like a foot injury will put more pressure on the knee to make up for the weakness. Have all of his injuries been on the same side?

SnakeEyes43
12-08-2011, 12:04 PM

My wife and I were just talking about this last night. You have to remember that with the lockout B.S. that was going on, Manny had to have that surgery later than he would have liked and thus was given less time to recover.

I don't think he's injury prone, but he seems to be having a tough time coming back from the injuries he's already had.

CowherPower
12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not ready to call him injury prone just yet. He was healthy most of 2010 until the foot injury in the super bowl. I would say we'll have a better idea of what he'll be like in 2012 when he's had a full offseason to rest the foot, and the knee and take part in all the offseason training and rehab programs the Steelers have available.

If the foot comes back to haunt him in 2012 then we might seriously think it could be a long term problem.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Listening to the Steelers pregame show tonight, they were talking about Sanders' injury. The Steelers practiced in their indoor facility this week due to the weather and that's when Sanders started having issues with his foot again. Now they obviously use that facility regularly so it would be hard to say that was the cause of it.

We're going to need him next Monday night so hopefully this next 10 days of rest will help.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I bet if this game was being played on Sunday then Sanders would have played....I think the short week might have played a part in the decision to sit him tonight.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Sanders ailing (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11347/1196464-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1gQGoI5rV)

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders did not play against the Browns because he has developed inflammation in his surgically repaired right foot, and it might be a while before he returns.

The Steelers are being cautious with Sanders, who had surgery on both feet during the offseason, and don't want to use him again until they are sure he is totally healthy. They don't want the problem to recur in the postseason.

LatrobePA
12-13-2011, 09:05 AM
IR, promote Cotchery demote Ward!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
IR, promote Cotchery demote Ward!!

Have you been drinking again? LOL.

I do admit there have been some conflicting reports out of Steelers camp these last several days. Some have said it could be some time until Sanders returns while Tomlin today said he is optimistic that Emmanuel will be available for Monday night.

I think Ward's already demoted enough as it is but I'd be leery of putting Manny on IR for this especially heading into the playoffs if there's a even a slight chance he'll be good enough to play.

LatrobePA
12-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Have you been drinking again? LOL.

I do admit there have been some conflicting reports out of Steelers camp these last several days. Some have said it could be some time until Sanders returns while Tomlin today said he is optimistic that Emmanuel will be available for Monday night.

I think Ward's already demoted enough as it is but I'd be leery of putting Manny on IR for this especially heading into the playoffs if there's a even a slight chance he'll be good enough to play.

LOL, :stirpot:

coldrolled
12-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Jericho is better than 88 - 89 gets open all the time. if he had more time with ben he would look even better in timed routes.

89 is only 28 or 29 right?

you cant count on 88, so play 89 even more now.

LatrobePA
12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Jericho is better than 88 - 89 gets open all the time. if he had more time with ben he would look even better in timed routes.

89 is only 28 or 29 right?

you cant count on 88, so play 89 even more now.

I'm a huge 89 fan and agree w/ you 100000%!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Cotchery is better than Sanders simply because he's played longer, has been in clutch situations, and has seen everything there is to see basically. Potentially Manny Sanders can be a beast on this league, if he's on the field I have no problem with Ben throwing to him on 4th and 5 with the playoffs on the line. The key is, just staying on the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Sanders said he's not going to be out there until he's 100% for the playoffs. We may or may not see him this Monday night. If he doesn't play Ward will get some more chances to get his 9 remaining receptions.

Blazedby92
12-15-2011, 07:25 PM
This thread is a joke, how is he injury prone because of an injury that he sustained at the end of the season last year (SB). As most players that think they can or convinced they can come back sooner than later from a severe injury which makes it worse. It's the same injury so why would he be prone when it's same one that's been on going, remember he missed the beginning of the season.