PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster will play; Woodley, Sanders out

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Starting right guard Ramon Foster is likely in Thursday night when the Steelers host the Browns. Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders are out for the 8:20 p.m. game.

Woodley (hamstring) and Sanders (foot) didn't practice this week.
Foster, who sprained his ankle last Sunday, practiced both days, and he is listed as probable for when the Steelers and Browns meet for the first time this season.
In addition to Woodley and Sanders, wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring), running back Jonathan Dwyer (foot) and outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) won't play against the Browns.

The Steelers listed 15 players as probable for the game, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (thumb), strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) and center Maurkice Pouncey (ankle).

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Foster%20in,%20Woodley,%20Sanders%20out%20for%20St eelers%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_770909.html#ixzz1fuviRSMz)

SteelerJay
12-08-2011, 02:55 AM
woodly should sit for this game and get healthy for the 49s and season final at cleavland

coldrolled
12-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Jericho should tear up the browns.

jpele
12-08-2011, 07:45 AM
It looks as if LaMarr Woodley will miss his fourth start in the past five games. The Steelers listed him as doubtful for the game tonight with that nagging hamstring injury. He left the game early against the Bengals Sunday because he felt a twitch in his leg and also because he was wholly ineffective playing on it.

Listed as out for the game tonight: wide receiver/special-teams player Arnaz Battle (hamstring), linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring), running back Jonathan Dwyer (foot), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) and, of course, nose tackle Chris Hoke (neck).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195394-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1fwknMKce

LatrobePA
12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Jericho should tear up the browns.

Agreed...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Look for a rotation of Jerricho and Hines tonight to compliment Wallace & Brown. I expect Heath to play a big part in this game as well, atleast I would hope that to be the case considering the Browns front 7 is not good and Heath is money in the short to intermediate routes.

Raleigh Steel
12-08-2011, 09:42 AM
woodley should sit until the playoffs. i'd rather have him then, then trying to play against SF, with a chance at playoff seating.

LatrobePA
12-08-2011, 09:53 AM
The Browns will use the Chiefs approach, blitz the **** out of Ben... It's their only chance!

CowherPower
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
The Browns front 7 is really nothing to be scared of other than Jabbal Sheared. If the the Steelers front line gets owned by a Clevelan Browns defense, something is all sorts of wrong in the universe.

I like that Ramon is coming back to his RG spot; the Steelers need to keep this line intact and build more continuity for the post season.

Goodfrom55
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Look for a rotation of Jerricho and Hines tonight to compliment Wallace & Brown. I expect Heath to play a big part in this game as well, atleast I would hope that to be the case considering the Browns front 7 is not good and Heath is money in the short to intermediate routes.

I think Heath and Saunders can be huge in this game, Especially when throwing out of 3 TE sets.

Rampage
12-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Good to see that Foster is alright. While he might not be Faneca, he has chemistry with both Pouncey and Gilbert, so that comes into play.

Woodley's hamstring is definitely a concern, but I would like to see him well rested for the playoffs or maybe in a rotation with Worilds later in the regular season.

I am concerned with Sanders, as well. This just isn't his year, between his mother's passing and his feet and knee. Hopefully, this is just a fluke year and he gets over what ails him in the offseason. I begin to wonder how his mental health and confidence are being affected by these injuries, it has to start wearing on the guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I think Heath and Saunders can be huge in this game, Especially when throwing out of 3 TE sets.

That is a good point with Saunders, the Steelers are starting to look to him a little bit more each week here recently. He's got raw skills but I love his potential! He has an advantage too because nobody on a defense is going to focus on him in the passing game.

Sanders has indeed had a rough year with his mom passing away and all his injuries. It's gotta be frustrating for him to keep having this foot injury creep up. He's got so much talent and upside that you can't help but root for him.