PDA

View Full Version : Brown named AFC Special Teams Player of the week

DIESELMAN
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who returned a punt 60 yards for a touchdown last Sunday, has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Brown's touchdown helped the Steelers pull away from the Bengals in a 35-7 win. It was the Steelers' first punt return for a touchdown during a regular-season game since 2006. Former Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes returned a punt 67 yards for a touchdown in a 35-24 win over the Chargers in a 2008 AFC Divisional playoff game.

Brown is averaging 12.2 yards per punt return, which ranks second in the AFC.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Hear hear.

LatrobePA
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM
AB = Stud

Raleigh Steel
12-07-2011, 12:44 PM
AB = Stud

AB=AD...All Day!

:tt02:

SnakeEyes43
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats AB!
:touchdownrun:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
The dude is just money, it was only a matter of time before he broke one. Maybe this will get him on a roll to break a few more before the season is out. You just have to love the way he returns kicks; find a seam and go. No dancing around, no hesitation, just get it and run like hell.

pimplydan
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
The whole return team did a great job , they set up a nice wall all Brown had to do was junk to flatfoot one guy and then breakout to the outside .
Happy to see Brown get to the endzone , he is money , he works hard at his game and it's nice to see he is getting some rewards .
Antonio Brown is the next Santonio Holmes , love to see him get a last second TD catch in the superbowl XLVI to beat the Packers , just like Holmes did vs Cards in XLV

Raleigh Steel
12-07-2011, 03:21 PM
gotta give a lot of love to b-fad for his block. he basically took out 3 defenders then lifted his arm immediately cause he saw AB had only the punter to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsoS-O-2b8I

LatrobePA
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Holy block in the back batman! lol

Raleigh Steel
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Holy block in the back batman! lol

yup, we got away with one...but it doesn't compare to the multiple holds on david garrard's game winning touchdown in a playoff game no less.

just goes to show all the haters out there...yeah, we get some calls, but we also have a lot of calls go against us that you seem to ignore!

Rampage
12-07-2011, 04:35 PM
This man is really turning into something special, right before our eyes. I loved him as a prospect, but I didn't imagine he would be making these impacts so early on. He is really becoming a favorite target of Roethlisberger (I guess the route running and chemistry is finally coming on) and he is making plays on special teams. Nice whenever he helps ensure good starting field position and makes big plays in the passing game.

Sanders is being overshadowed by Brown right now, but you have to think that once he gets fully healthy and gets reps like Brown, he'll also be a huge threat.

With Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Saunders, Ben is going to have a lot of very capable young targets with him for a while.

steelersbabex25
12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
For FINALLY housing one :clap:

CowherPower
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Huge congrats to Antonio! Well deserved! That kick return took the wind right out of the sails of the Bengals.

Mike Tomlin
12-08-2011, 12:35 AM
I remember a post was put up during his draft class and I said he would be something special. Even the clips i saw from his high school days show how he attacks the ball and the game. Hell he would have even made a good corner he would have at least 7 picks this year guaranteed. He does not wait to get hit or wait on the ball he eats up the space thats between him and the defender and he makes you choose what your going to do before your ready. Congrats to him, I love to see young players do what you know they can.