PDA

View Full Version : Would you shut down Woodley for the rest of the regular season?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Something interesting to think about, and maybe not that far fetched as it may seem. Lamarr tweaked him hamstring, or so the rumor is, in the Bengals game on Sunday. If you listen to the man himself, he'll say he could have gone back in but he wanted to rest it. If you listen to Tomlin, he'll say it was a minor setback and they held him out for precautionary reasons.

Do you consider letting him rest the remaining games of the regular season so he's fully healthy for the playoffs. You don't want to have a pass rush rotation if you can help it in the post season. You want every guy as healthy as possible, and lets face it you want Woodley on the field when it's do or die. If you shut him down and give him rest, let Worilds get more experience, you'll be all but guaranteed to have Lamarr healthy for week 1 of the postseason.

The flip side is, the Steelers are in a dog fight right now and still have a chance to win the division. If the trainers and doctors say he can play, then he should play. Nothing is guaranteed right now even though the Steelers are in a good position heading into the last 4 games of the regular season. You need to win every game and having Woodley on the field increases your chances of doing that.

mcfly06
12-06-2011, 01:30 AM
I think it depends what the doctors and trainers say what the best thing to do is.I mean it is something to think about,make a great point we need him healthy for the playoffs

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Really no need to rush any decision on him yet.....Rest him vs the Stains for sure........The Steelers will have extra time before the 49er game to really decide on LaMarr.......

steelchamp204
12-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Yep...

Steelers/PSU Fan
12-06-2011, 04:22 AM
If he is not 100% then I wouldn't use him except for maybe the 49ers game. The good thing about our MNF game against the 49ers is the Ravens play the Chargers Sunday night so we will already know by then if we have a chance to win the AFC North by beating the 49ers (I'm assuming we win out after the 49ers game).

If the Ravens beat the Chargers then I think they will win out, and so it doesn't matter if we lose to the 49ers since it won't affect our playoff seeding. Lets hope the Chargers win so the 49ers game will decide if we win the AFC North.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree there's no need to rush a decision on whether to play him but I would definitely sit his butt down for the Browns game. Like I said if you can't beat the Browns without Lamarr Woodley then you have other issues to work out.

Steeldad made a good point on the podcast last night, if we are sitting here at say 11-1 with a 2 or 3 game lead in the division then yeah maybe you give him some rest but the Steelers can still win the division as of now; just be smart about when you bring him back.

LatrobePA
12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
He'd sit for sure Thursday.

cmerrifield
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Woodley is being cautious and honest about his hamstring. I dont care if he plays a few plays here and there to help keep him in shape and "game ready." I hope he doesnt play Thursday against the Browns, but I would like him in there some the last three games. I am afraid that since he is a slow starter in the beginning of the season that if he takes 4 weeks off, he may be less effective in the playoffs.

Mike Tomlin
12-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Naw you gotta start giving him and that hammy some work before the playoffs or he won"t be worth a thing when the playoffs start

K Train
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
yes shut him down, the man lives for the postseason and if the hammy is gonna be an issue for the rest of the year get him to 100% or close to it for the playoffs

steelspikes
12-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Jason Worilds is playing great. The more experience he gets with the starting D, the better it will be in the long haul. No need to rush Woodley.

K Train
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Jason Worilds is playing great. The more experience he gets with the starting D, the better it will be in the long haul. No need to rush Woodley.

WOAH lets pump the brakes a little bit, hes playing moderately better than his normal abysmally terrible style of play

Mike Tomlin
12-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Sit him for this game and that will give him extended time to rest and then put him on a pitch count for the rest of the season but we need something from him for the 49er game and the rest of the season to keep that hammy from tightening up.

connecticutsteel
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
WOAH lets pump the brakes a little bit, hes playing moderately better than his normal abysmally terrible style of play
He really hasn't played badly in fact until last week he was our best olb

steelersbabex25
12-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Absolutely not. The Steelers still have a lot to play for. Rest him against the Browns, play him as soon as he's ready to go.

Rampage
12-06-2011, 01:18 PM
If he tweaked the hamstring, I would probably want to see him stay out of this game, or maybe rotate with Worilds. If it is just conditioning like some sources reported, maybe have him play a little bit to get that back.

Still, Woodley is the only one who knows how he feels, so I hope he listens to what his body is telling him and doesn't rush back if he isn't ready.

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Really no need to rush any decision on him yet.....Rest him vs the Stains for sure........The Steelers will have extra time before the 49er game to really decide on LaMarr.......

I think the the dead birds are going to lose to the Chargers in a couple of weeks. So we need to have him against the 49ers for sure. I also think we will end up with the top seed in the AFC too. Because we are going to run the table.

While we all know the Texans are going to lose to the Bengals this weekend.

Steelers/PSU Fan
12-07-2011, 04:40 AM
I think the the dead birds are going to lose to the Chargers in a couple of weeks. So we need to have him against the 49ers for sure. I also think we will end up with the top seed in the AFC too. Because we are going to run the table.

While we all know the Texans are going to lose to the Bengals this weekend.

I think the Texans defense will stop the Bengals and Texans will win again with their 3rd string QB. Bengals just looked horrible when we played them, I think I remember reading they had some key starters out against us so I hope they get those guys back or something.

Odds makers made Bengals 3 point favorites this week, so I guess Vegas gives them the slight edge.

Nolrog
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't shut him down, but I'd make for sure he's ready when he comes back. I thought there were reports that he struggled in practice last week. Assuming that's true, then he should have missed the game.