PDA

View Full Version : Don't risk kicking to Josh Cribbs

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Tomlin made what is probably the best line I've heard from a Steelers coach in a long time. In his press conference today he said, in reference to the Browns game this Thursday:

"We won't want to be dead indians in the Josh Cribbs cowboy movie again" :coffeecough:

That being said, the Browns single biggest weapon is beyond a doubt, Cribbs. He's stuck it to our team many times especially in the return game. Even though the Steelers punt and kickoff coverage teams are playing very well this year, I don't see a situation where you tell Jeremy Kapinos to punt it anywhere near Cribbs. Even trying to pin him in the coffin corner is not guaranteed strategy.

You don't want to take a chance with these guys because we know special teams can be the difference between winning and losing.

SteelDad
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Our coverage teams are significantly better but I really like going the directional route. Kapinos has been punting extremely well so I trust him to keep it in corners and limit Cribbs potential. With said, I don't mind if we avoid it altogether either.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Anytime you have a chance to avoid a potential big play scenario that can go against you, you do it. No matter how good you are and how bad the other team is, don't risk any type of momentum swings that can come back to bite you.