PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to root for the Chargers tonight and next weekend...

Troyisabeast_43
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Everybody on this board and Steelers fans all over should be rooting for San Diego to win their Monday night game tonight in Jacksonville and next week at home against Buffalo and get their record to 6-7 heading into their game in San Diego against the Ravens a night before the Steelers play in San Francisco. I say this because you want the Chargers that night they play the Ravens to get on a roll and still have a little incentive left for them to play for. And with both the Raiders and Broncos schedule the next 2 games being much much tougher then the Chargers seeing that the Raiders have to play at Green Bay next week and then host Detroit,and the Broncos having to play tough home games back to back weeks with the Bears who are fighting for their playoff lives and the Patriots who are fighting for a top 2 seed in the playoffs the Chargers could very well have a chance to be tied at the top of the AFC West that night if they beat Baltimore and get their record to 7-7 assuming they win the next 2 games tonight against the Jags and at home next week against the Bills which is a real good possibility.

The bottom line is the Chargers game the Ravens have left on their schedule is one of the 2 tough games other then at Cincy the Ravens have left on their schedule the last 4 games. You want that game for the Ravens in San Diego to be as tough as possible for them and you want the Chargers to have everything on the line to play for in that game which is why you should most definitely be rooting for them to win tonight against the Jags and next week against Buffalo. Because let's face it the Steelers need help to win this division right now and the Chargers game in San Diego against a good QB in Rivers who can put up points and get hot in a primetime game is definitely one of those games left that the Ravens can definitely lose...

DIESELMAN
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
If Rivers can unass his head, he can give the Ratbirds secondary fits. SD's OL is a mess though, with OG Kris Dielman (concussion) and OT Marcus McNeill (neck) considering retirement because they are worried about their health after football. The Bungholes still have a very slim chance of making the playoffs with some help but they have to regroup after they got their asses handed to them this weekend and win out.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

Goodfrom55
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Very winnable game for SD, but they have to play keep away with the ball and really get the most out of Gates, Jackson, and Rivers.

Clevelandsux
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Ya know what, you can't depend on other teams. Steelers should have taken care of business vs the Ravens. Personally I'm not afraid of playing on the road in the playoffs. We did it in 2005.I'm gonna tell you one team that willnot want to face us in the playoffs. Yes, the Ravens.The Steelers just need to take care of business from here on out, and just hope for the best.

SteelDad
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Good breakdown... I dont like depending on other teams either but with no other football on tonight I shall root for the bolts even though despise them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Goodfrom55
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Should the Steelers get the #5 spot, there is one glimmer of light and promise in here and that is the Steelers have won in Baltimore. Would prefer to be at home, but just get in and go from there.

LevonKirkland99
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Nice breakdown...shouldve beaten the Ratvens when it mattered in the Burgh, but WE NEED to win in SF though!!

Go Chargers!!! I always liked Norv from his days with the Deadskins.

Clevelandsux
12-05-2011, 09:27 PM
hey don't count the bungles out yet. they play the ravens on the final week of the season in cinci.

--- Added 12/5/2011 at 07:27 PM ---

[QUOTE=LevonKirkland99;463814]Nice breakdown...shouldve beaten the Ratvens when it mattered in the Burgh, but WE NEED to win in SF though!!

and we need to beat the browns twice and the rams too.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-06-2011, 01:05 AM
4 agonizing games from hell.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Chargers looked back tonight...granted it was the Jags but still they're not dead so they will give the Ravens all they can handle....so that is good for the Steelers.....

coldrolled
12-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Chargers looked back tonight...granted it was the Jags but still they're not dead so they will give the Ravens all they can handle....so that is good for the Steelers.....

Jags already beat the ravens. :cope:

jpele
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I hate to say it but...with that oline the Ravens are going to kill Rivers.

steelspikes
12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Go Bolts! They need to win out to have a chance in that weak AFC West. Bolts can beat Ratbirds. Steelers best chance to win Div if we can then beat SF. Not counting on Bungals to do anything. Jets will claim #6 seed Wildcard birth.

StillinBaltimore
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I agree! And if the Ravens are NOT the ones fighting for their lives they are the team that usually has the letdown. They are so emotionally driven its funny.

Like this weekend, the soft turf gave Rice the total advantage for cutting and shifting with is short legs and lite weight. Granted the Browns run d is suspect. But if that was a fair weather game (and the browns had receivers who could catch), that is a close game and maybe another letdown.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
The Chargers got some life back next week and are only 2 games out of the division lead right now. Since nothing is sewn up they can maybe get on a roll since they will be fighting for their playoff lives the rest of the way. This bodes well for us when they play the Ravens.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
The Chargers got some life back next week and are only 2 games out of the division lead right now. Since nothing is sewn up they can maybe get on a roll since they will be fighting for their playoff lives the rest of the way. This bodes well for us when they play the Ravens.

Plus, dont forget this weekend both the Raiders and Broncos whom the Chargers are chasing for the AFC West division still both have very very tough games. The Raiders play at Green Bay,and the Broncos play the Bears in Denver. The Chargers play the Bills in San Diego which is definitely a game they can win as well. If the Chargers beat the Bills and the Raiders lose in Green Bay and the Broncos lose at home to the Bears then that would put the Chargers at 6-7 and both the Raiders and Broncos at 7-6 going into that game the following week that the Chargers play the Ravens. That game the Chargers have with the Ravens keep in mind is on Sunday night and at 4 o clock that same day the Raiders play Detroit in a game the Lions are going to have to win,and the Broncos play the Patriots in a game the Patriots are going to have to win to keep pace for homefield advantage and the bye week. So it is very very possible that both the Raiders and Broncos both will be 7-7 by the time the Chargers play the Ravens that Sunday night which means a Chargers win that night would also put them at 7-7 and tied with both the Raiders and the Broncos.

Im telling you guys this is very very important thing to root for and something for every Steelers fan to keep a close eye on this Sunday. Other then of course rooting for the Ravens to lose to the Colts this weekend which most likely will not happen the games to keep an eye on are the Chargers Bills and the Raiders and Broncos games because you want the Chargers to have everything possible on the line the following week when they play the Ratbirds so that they can be the ones to give them 1 more loss and put the Steelers back in the drivers seat for both the division and homefield advantage in the playoffs...

coldrolled
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
The Colts are due for the win and with a win still get Luck.. Its win win.

Nolrog
12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Rivers has been playing aweful this year. The dude couldn't even throw the ball away out of bounds, instead wound up with an INT. Definitely something not right.

Sorry, but I see the rats eating them for lunch and craping them at dinner.

Troyisabeast_43
12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Plus, dont forget this weekend both the Raiders and Broncos whom the Chargers are chasing for the AFC West division still both have very very tough games. The Raiders play at Green Bay,and the Broncos play the Bears in Denver. The Chargers play the Bills in San Diego which is definitely a game they can win as well. If the Chargers beat the Bills and the Raiders lose in Green Bay and the Broncos lose at home to the Bears then that would put the Chargers at 6-7 and both the Raiders and Broncos at 7-6 going into that game the following week that the Chargers play the Ravens. That game the Chargers have with the Ravens keep in mind is on Sunday night and at 4 o clock that same day the Raiders play Detroit in a game the Lions are going to have to win,and the Broncos play the Patriots in a game the Patriots are going to have to win to keep pace for homefield advantage and the bye week. So it is very very possible that both the Raiders and Broncos both will be 7-7 by the time the Chargers play the Ravens that Sunday night which means a Chargers win that night would also put them at 7-7 and tied with both the Raiders and the Broncos.

Im telling you guys this is very very important thing to root for and something for every Steelers fan to keep a close eye on this Sunday. Other then of course rooting for the Ravens to lose to the Colts this weekend which most likely will not happen the games to keep an eye on are the Chargers Bills and the Raiders and Broncos games because you want the Chargers to have everything possible on the line the following week when they play the Ratbirds so that they can be the ones to give them 1 more loss and put the Steelers back in the drivers seat for both the division and homefield advantage in the playoffs...

Boy was I spot on with this analysis if only the Bears would have hung on and beat Tebow and the Broncos a week ago every single thing I posted on here would have happened. Most importantly the Chargers had a ton of incentive to still win that game last night knowing they still had a chance to win the AFC West and they took it to the Ravens and got the job done like I knew they would do...