PDA

View Full Version : Trai Essex replaces Ramon Foster, Kemo's days are numbered

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
When Foster went down early in the 3rd quarter after getting his ankle rolled up on, Trai Essex came in at RG rather than Chris Kemoeatu.

That tells you that Kemo's days are numbered in Pittsburgh. Granted Chris is a more natural LG than a RG, but still you would normally feel that a starter or former starter would come in for those situations. Trai Essex doesn't exactly instill fear in anyone but usually you'd think he would take a back seat to Kemoeatu, but that's no longer the case.

His sub par play, bonehead penalties, and nagging knee injury that continues to swell up on him will be his ultimate downfall when the season is over.

Zachintosh66
12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
i think we are on the verge of many names leaving black and gold town

steelersbabex25
12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Kemo could be decent if he wasn't such an idiot.

Stairwayto7
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Kemo could be decent if he wasn't such an idiot.

Kemo would be great if he pulled everytime! And if he didnt do stupid crap!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
i think we are on the verge of many names leaving black and gold town

There's no doubt, we will see significant changes to the roster that's been so familiar to us for so long, next year. A number of players will retire, be released, or just not resigned giving way to youth and explosiveness over the venerable veteran that have occupied the field over the last 10-13 years.

Kemo really is a good pulling Guard, in that roll he excels but if you get him in a confined space he seems to have issues. His role has not been easy over the years with so many injuries at LT and then bad Center play before Pouncey came. Still though he's got stability now but his knee isn't right. It's always something.

SteelCityVoice
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
A lot of overhaul coming this offseason, and the best part is that it should free up a lot of cap space. A lot of vets are going to go by the wayside and that's not a bad thing.

I am absolutely excited about the future of this team. Antonio Brown DESTROYED the Bengals today.

SteelDad
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
We are expected to be way over the cap so yes, we will see lots of attrition. Kemo is a nice run blocker but he is terrible at pass protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
AB is so damn Holmes like it isn't funny!

Goodfrom55
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Kemo would be great if he pulled everytime! And if he didnt do stupid crap!

Thought Legs had a heck of a day yesterday, especially pulling. I've been sour on him this season, but I'll give credit where it's due.

Rampage
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Thought Legs had a heck of a day yesterday, especially pulling. I've been sour on him this season, but I'll give credit where it's due.

I thought he did play well, at least as good as Kemoeatu. If it comes down to it next season, he's a lot cheaper for the same caliber of play.