PDA

View Full Version : Ben Now Steelers' All-Time Leader in Completions

SteelDad
12-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Congrats to Ben Roethlisberger for becoming the Steelers' All-time leader in passing completions as he moves ahead of Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw. He could put this record way out of reach should he stay healthy for years to come.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Big congrats to Big Ben on this milestone today. Nice to see him get a record in front of the hometown fans at Heinz. He's got 2 Super Bowl wins to his credit and 3 appearances overall in his 8 yr career to date. Not too shabby for any QB for their career, but Ben still has years to go which is such a great thing for the team.

The old school fans will never admit that anybody was or will be as good as Terry but in reality Ben deserves to be in that conversation any day of the week.

With his 15 completions, Ben Roethlisberger moved to 2,026 all time, passing Terry Bradshaw's team record of 2,025.

Bradshaw set his mark in 14 seasons with the team, while Roethlisberger is in just his eighth year in the league.

"It's obviously an awesome honor," Roethlisberger said. "I didn't know anything about it until everyone came up to me. Anytime you break a guy like that's record it's a great thing."

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11339/1194644-66-0.stm#ixzz1ffXpd4Jc)

LatrobePA
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Good stuff! Ben is a keeper, lol

SteelerJay
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
big ben imo could very well hold most of records by a QB with the steelers by the time he is done

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Good stuff! Ben is a keeper, lol

Ya think? Maybe we should trade him for Palko! :lol:

It will be a long time before any future Steelers QB after Ben comes close to what he's going to accomplish before he retires. Even in today's NFL where everybody passes all over creation.

SteelerJay
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Ya think? Maybe we should trade him for Palko! :lol:

It will be a long time before any future Steelers QB after Ben comes close to what he's going to accomplish before he retires. Even in today's NFL where everybody passes all over creation.

Palko is hell of a trade and a hell of a better QB :greenbounce2:

jpele
12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Ben holds the ball too long.:scratch:

steelersbabex25
12-04-2011, 06:29 PM
As if there wasn't enough tension already between Ben and Bradshaw..:lol:

Stairwayto7
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
props Ben! Even Bradshaw knew this one was coming, Terry never had the oppurtunity to throw this much!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Ben will pass Terry next year in career passing yards and set the Steelers record for passing yards.....It will take Ben two more years probably to pass Terry in career TD passes........Terry has 212 career and I think Ben is around 163 or 164......To lazy to look it up right now...lol

SteelDad
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Terry had a great career, obviously but this a different game now than the 70s. I just choose to enjoy having 2 great QBs in my lifetime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

CowherPower
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Congrats to Roethlisberger, it's a well deserved record that he will continue to shatter in the years ahead. It's not inconceivable that he could double his production before it's all over.

DIESELMAN
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Congrats to Ben!! He also set another record today by being sacked more, 308-307. Of course Bradshaw had better OL's then Ben, but Ben is a hell of a lot more mobile and a hell of a lot better QB then Bradshaw. I looked on Pro-football-reference just now, Ben has played 58 less games then Bradshaw and he's thrown 114 less INT's then Terry, 210-96, in 716 less attempts. Granted this has become more of a passing league since Bradshaw's days but it just shows how much more talent Ben has.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

SnakeEyes43
12-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Great job Ben! I hope he shatters every single Bradshaw recored! I've never really liked Terry.

Dobre Shunka
12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
When we drafted him from the U of Miami, Ohio, our game changed and it's BEN getting better all the time. Our team's future is bright because we have a franchise QB to build around and that's the secret to today's game.

Ben's a winner, if that means he holds the ball too long or runs about like a madman then so be it. I hope to h3ll he keeps doing it because that means we keep winning.

Way to go Ben!