PDA

View Full Version : Just What We Needed on a Short Week

SteelDad
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
With the quick turnaround to the Browns on Thursday night, this was a victory needed for numerous reasons.

Tomlin's post-game comments did not rule out Wood for Thursday saying it was just a tweak. Also, Ramon Foster appeared to have a pretty good ankle sprain. I'll be surprised to see him play.

Either way, this is a positive way to go into the Brownies this week. Not the grueling game it could have been.

igor0190
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Hopefully the rats and browns beat the **** out of each other

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
The Steelers really needed a game like this heading into their short week. Being able to go into cruise control in the 4th quarter, and really midway through the 3rd when it comes right down to it, is huge. It gave them a chance to rest players and not risk further injury, and you don't expend so much energy and emotion that you have nothing left 4 days from now.

I admit it was really nice to not have a weekly visit from my Black 'N Gold ulcer for once. We don't get many stress free games watching our Steelers but today was one of those indeed. Virtually everything went right and that always gives you confidence.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
The Steelers force turn overs and score TD's in the red zone it leads to a blow out win.....what a concept....lol Very pleased with the teams performance today....I just hope they do the same to the Browns on Thursday night....Put them away early and then gear up for the 49ers in San Francisco......