PDA

View Full Version : Ike; An INT in 2 Straight Weeks

SteelDad
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
If you are like me, this was a statement I never thought I would make knowing his history but great job by 24!

nick5574
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
He has always been a solid corner in my opinion but he has never been mentioned in the top group because of his bad hands. I have always like him though

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Did somebody give Ike Taylor some stickum or what? 2 picks in 2 weeks. On the year he has 36 Tackles and 2 Interceptions. Considering he's the type of player that teams don't generally throw at very often, those aren't bad numbers.

We get on Ike's case, in jest of course, for his lack of INT's or lack of ability to actually catch them when he has the chance but overall the dude is one of the better cornerbacks in the league and certainly deserving of a pro bowl sooner or later. Either way the Steelers are lucky to have him.

If you remember back when he was drafted by Bill Cowher out of Louisiana-Lafayette 9 years ago and had so many troubles trying to adjust to corner, he's come a long way. His hard work has paid off not only for himself and the Steelers every year.

Stairwayto7
12-04-2011, 05:55 PM
yikes ike can catch

steelersbabex25
12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
When Ike "Stone Hands" Taylor get's 2 interceptions in 2 games, you know your defense is doing something right.

jpele
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
What can I say,"I like Ike" but then I always have.:helmet:

StillinBaltimore
12-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see'em! lol Awesome!

CowherPower
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
The Steelers are going to need more of that type of play from the defense the rest of the way out. With the offenses the Steelers will face the rest of the way out, there is no better time than here in the last month of the year to get more turnovers and create a short field for Ben.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Give Lake his due he has our CB's plaing like all pro's

LatrobePA
12-05-2011, 01:58 AM
yikes ike can catch

Easy, easy... lol

Nolrog
12-05-2011, 07:27 AM
More importantly, the Steelers were +2. Two take aways, 0 give aways.

Dobre Shunka
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Ike's our best corner but I don't believe he caught a 2nd one. Just an illusion.

Clevelandsux
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Way to Ike. He's having a great year. I've always been critical of him, but he's playing well.

Goodfrom55
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Great to get 2 INT's , but he DID not have a good day otherwise. 6 catches for 87 yards and TD to a rookie should not happen - and I don't care if it was AJ Green.

That being said, he is having a pro-bowl year and I hope he gets the nod this season to go to Hawaii.

connecticutsteel
12-06-2011, 01:08 AM
hell is freezing over lol

harpo
12-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Did somebody give Ike Taylor some stickum or what? 2 picks in 2 weeks. On the year he has 36 Tackles and 2 Interceptions. Considering he's the type of player that teams don't generally throw at very often, those aren't bad numbers.

We get on Ike's case, in jest of course, for his lack of INT's or lack of ability to actually catch them when he has the chance but overall the dude is one of the better cornerbacks in the league and certainly deserving of a pro bowl sooner or later. Either way the Steelers are lucky to have him.

If you remember back when he was drafted by Bill Cowher out of Louisiana-Lafayette 9 years ago and had so many troubles trying to adjust to corner, he's come a long way. His hard work has paid off not only for himself and the Steelers every year.

I saw an interview after the game where the question was posed to him about the consecutive games with an interception. He said that he's been getting pointers and learning from the young receivers. He said that although he's older than them, you're never too old to learn.

LatrobePA
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I saw an interview after the game where the question was posed to him about the consecutive games with an interception. He said that he's been getting pointers and learning from the young receivers. He said that although he's older than them, you're never too old to learn.

LOL, good stuff right there..

CowherPower
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
With the way the Browns offense is this year and their complete lack of any offensive firepower, I'm sure they will try and run Hillis to take the pressure off McCoy. Sooner or later though he is going to have to throw and guys like Ike Taylor should be able to take advantage of that.

Blazedby92
12-07-2011, 01:31 AM
If he could catch he'd be a WR