PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey lost 12 lbs from stomach virus

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Just reading a tweet from Scott Brown at the Tribune Review. He was talking to Maurkice Pouncey who said he lost 12 lbs. this week from the stomach virus that caused him to miss most of the game against Kansas City. He's put back on 2 lbs.

Pouncey also said he is definitely going to play this Sunday against the Bengals, which is good news for sure!

12 lbs though in a week, jeebus! I've lost weight when I'm sick too but my goodness that's a ton a pounds to drop that quick.

Deviouz1
12-02-2011, 01:17 AM
well, he IS a pretty big boy so 12 pounds probably isnt more than 3-5% of his weight which means its probably mostly water weight. and bear in mind that weight limited atheletes do that sort of thing all the time to make weight. starve themselves and forced dehydration. rough on a body to be sure but they do it and the short term effects arent so bad. im sure he'll be just fine by game day.

Raleigh Steel
12-02-2011, 05:20 AM
12 lbs. is a lot for anyone, but the average human carries 10 pounds of excrement in their body. and like deviouz said, a lot of it could be water weight as well. once he gets back to eating regularly, and perhaps a little more gatorade...he'll be back to normal.

SnakeEyes43
12-02-2011, 07:30 AM
He'll put it back on quick. For a guy his size, 12lbs isn't that much.

When I wrestled in high school, we used to try and have "5lb practices". That's where you wear warm clothes to practice (two hoodies, sweat pants, etc), the coach turns the heat up, and you lose 5lbs in a two-hour practice.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2011, 08:25 AM
A dude that big, 12 lbs isn't a ton of weight but it's not very often that you see people dropping that much in a week unless they're on biggest loser. LOL

LatrobePA
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
He'll put it back on quick. For a guy his size, 12lbs isn't that much.

When I wrestled in high school, we used to try and have "5lb practices". That's where you wear warm clothes to practice (two hoodies, sweat pants, etc), the coach turns the heat up, and you lose 5lbs in a two-hour practice.

Been there done that, not a lot of fun!

igor0190
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
At least half of that would be water weight he would gain back in 12 hours anyways

Nolrog
12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Probably a lot of water weight. If he had the runs, he was probably dehydrated as a result.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 10:35 AM
He is under 290 pounds right now.....so that is lite for a NFL center.....

Stairwayto7
12-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Problem is when your sick like that some of the 12 lbs is going to be muscle weight! He will gain back most of the weight rather quickly,

K Train
12-02-2011, 10:54 AM
he can put that back on as fast as he lost it...really not that much at all for a 300 pound man, its just the strength issue from not being able to eat is gonna be the issue

Rampage
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I'd imagine a great portion of that weight loss can be attributed to dehydration. You don't lose 12 pounds of muscle in that short of a span. Surely he lost some due to fewer calories being consumed, but I doubt it was that considerable. He'll probably be able to regain a substantial portion of that weight by game time. Heck, he just needs to go have dinner with Hampton and he'll be good to go.