PDA

View Full Version : Your all time favorite Steelers quotes

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Over the decades, Steelers players and coaches have made a number of notable quotes or memorable sayings that stick with us today. Sometimes in the heat of battle caught on a highlight reel on NFL films, or during an interview when they shoot their mouth off, etc.

A few that I'll always remember and use from time to time:

Cowher - It was a DEBACLE!! (in reference to the 12 men on the field call against the Vikings at Three Rivers Stadium.

Greg Lloyd - I don't remember which game it was but it's on a number of Steelers highlight reels of Linebackers where he gets up from sacking a QB and just looks back over his shoulder and says, "don't run that **** over here!"

Cowher to Greg Lloy: "RUSH THE QUARTERBACK!"

BR7
12-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Bettis - "I said tails"

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Bettis - "I said tails"

LMAO...my favorites are

"We will unleash hell here in December."
-Tomlin

&....

"THATS HOW YOU BE GREAT!!!"
-Santonio

BR7
12-01-2011, 02:40 PM
oh, and "At this juncture, ______________." fill in the blank with whatever.
- M Tomlin

"that'll cool yer *** off"
- Lambert

K Train
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
“I don't know where they got that footage from, man, ... That kind of looked like me, but it wasn't really me.”

on the fight in with levi jones that was caught on tape

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Greatest one ever that I'm not sure if Lloyd ever actually said out loud but it certainly spoke volumes back in the day

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R57vNVIRmpg/SonKEqdKMVI/AAAAAAAAADc/YTiVMw8nPW0/s400/Lloyd2.jpg

Goodfrom55
12-01-2011, 03:24 PM
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." - Hines.

Raleigh Steel
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
greg lloyd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvxLbYrX4Pg

here's a whole bunch more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRMd1DiTvv0&feature=related

Farrior Fan
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Lambert after the 76 AFC championship loss was later quoted as saying "Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again"

And all day 43, I believe the exact quote from Weedtonio was "Dats how you be great"

SnakeEyes43
12-01-2011, 04:03 PM
"Lot of talking going on....just gotta give them a smile and a wink. See? They don't know what to say." -B. Roethlisberger, 2005 playoff game vs Bengals.

"Man, they shot me in Denver!" -J. Porter getting his team ready for the 2005 AFC Championship vs Denver.

"Sweed! C'mere! Now you get that drop outcha mind!" -H. Ward to Sweed, 2008 AFC Championship.

"Guess they ain't gonna run the wild cat no mo'" -J. Farrior after Harrison knocked Cribbs out of the game.

These are just a few of quotes I say every so often that make me chuckle.

Scorp
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Anyone of these from Jack Lambert or about him or any other Steeler.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

"He's so mean he hates himself."

-- J.T. Thomas --

"Jack didn't need to psyche himself to play... He LIVED to play."

-- Joe Greene --

"Who is Joe Namath? This is a guy who, if he played in the league today, I'd probably just go hit him late and see what he did, just for the hell of it. Joe Namath can go to hell; he can kiss my ***." Greg Lloyd, after NBC commentator Joe Namath accused Lloyd of playing dirty (1991).

"I am very aggressive and very physical. On the field I guess I am just plain mean." Jack Lambert.

"Going after the QB is like playing king of the mountain. When you get the QB, you're on top of the mountain." Joe Greene.

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight." Joe Greene

QBs should wear skirts, Jack Lambert

LatrobePA
12-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Man oh man Lambert had some good ones...

Stairwayto7
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Myrone Cope::::: Yoi! Double Yoi!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

Classic Scorp, that says it all man!

StillinBaltimore
12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I can actually only speculate as to what was said. But I believed Hines said something along the lines of "Come get your boy!!" After he destroyed Ed Reed he was looking at the Ravens sideline and pointing down at Reed.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Another Tomlin staple: They're doing some positives thing over there, fightin hard, and we have to be ready.

We got a lot of work ahead of us, we're focused on the task at hand