PDA

View Full Version : Whiz makes first mistake.....lol

DIESELMAN
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Teryl Austin is the first assistant to join the staff of new Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Austin was hired Thursday as the team's defensive backs coach, the same job he held for the past four seasons with the Seattle Seahawks.

Austin was a college assistant for 12 years before he went to work for the Seahawks. He began as a graduate assistant at Penn State in 1991, then worked at Wake Forest, Syracuse and Michigan.

Meanwhile, the Pittsburgh Steelers gave Whisenhunt permission to interview special teams coach Kevin Spencer, but denied requests to talk to linebackers coach Keith Butler and wide receivers coach Bruce Arians.

Arians is a candidate to become Pittsburgh offensive coordinator if the Steelers hire Russ Grimm to replace coach Bill Cowher. Whisenhunt was the Steelers' offensive coordinator for the past three seasons and interviewed for the Pittsburgh job before accepting the post at Arizona.

Grimm, assistant head coach and offensive line coach under Cowher, was a candidate for the Cardinals' job and has had two interviews with the Steelers.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

He done screwed up and hired a Seachicken assistant...lol
Thats cool the Steelers aren't givng permission for everything. Good luck Whiz.

House of Steel
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
He needs to realize something, he isn't getting our products. Let him go fishing elsewhere. Already hired a former seahag product of the Walrus, that is a killer right there. I wonder if he dumb enough to hire former Brownies Coordinators? I heard Maurice Carthon is available. Terry Robinski. There you go, Whiz.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Hell yeah, no free rides dude. You're *** left now you go find your own people like we did ! :cursin:

I love it, they can have Spencer but no way they are getting the rest of our guys. This is a sign too, potentially, that Grimm is the man since he's the only one that would definately keep our coaching staff together.

House of Steel
01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Happy days are here to stay in Steelers Country. I feel it too, Matt, He got the job and things are going to be very bright for us. Now, I wonder why they are holding off the announcement. LeBeau, Whipple, and Arians would be a great staff. Whiz is going to kick himself if we win Super Bowl XLII

Steelersfan
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I really don't blame everything on Spencer for our ST's this year. He wasn't the one dropping all the punts and letting guys get big returns on us all the time. We didn't have the personel and Cowher was too stuck on leaving Holmes back there that it pretty much cost us the playoffs when you think about it. But we did start to play much better at the end of the year getting a certain ST's player back.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Our ST were ok 2 years ago for our super bowl run, the coverage units still lacked alot but our return game was good with ARE back there. This year everything was just bad, although they did play better the last month of the season in December. I liked Spencer ever since we got him but if he leaves us this year I won't sweat it too much.