PDA

View Full Version : Who is most likely to lose at least 1 more the Steelers or the Ravens??

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Looking at both teams schedules and we have beat this topic up again and again but just curious to see what some of you guys think will really happen. The Steelers finish up with home games with Cincy and Cleveland,at San Fran,home with the Rams and at Cleveland to close out the year. The Ravens finish up with games at Cleveland this Sunday,home with the winless Colts,at San Diego,home with the Browns,and at Cincy to finish up on New Years Day. I find it hard to believe that at least one of these teams either the Steelers or Ravens will go the rest of the season without at least one more slip and losing a game.

You gotta look at things closely like I am and I still say the odds are in favor of the Ravens dropping one more game as opposed to the Steelers. The Ravens just have been too inconsistent this season and something about one of those 3 road games they have left at Cleveland,San Diego,and at Cincy I just dont see them finding a way to win all 3 of those. I think they will slip in one which will then open the door for the Steelers to win the division if they win out.

Part 1 for the Steelers is to get by their first tough game out of 2 they have left this Sunday with the Bengals. If they can do this it will then leave the Niners game as the only tough game they have left where the Ravens have 2 left at San Diego which is still going to be tough for them to win I dont care how bad the Chargers have looked lately,and at Cincy to close out the year who we know will be fighting for a playoff spot. It's going to be a fun fun last 5 games to see how this all plays out because realistically homefield advantage throughout the playoffs is on the line for whoever wins this division and doesnt slip. We shall see if the Ratbirds do their part and choke at least one more game. I really believe at some point they will what do you guys think??

SnakeEyes43
11-30-2011, 04:21 PM
On paper? Us.

In reality? The Rats.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2011, 04:37 PM
The Steelers stand a better chance of losing to the 49ers than Baltimore does against the Chargers. Right now that's just reality of it; however that could change. They don't play well on the road and San Diego might be able to muster 1 lass hurrah in front of the home crowd to try and salvage their season. If they don't protect Rivers though it'll be lights out.

The Steelers can certainly beat San Diego if they can get the pass rush going against a 49ers offensive line that is average at best. I still don't believe Alex Smith can get it done against a stellar defense consistently and the Ravens made him look silly.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
I could see the Chargers stealing one from Baltimore - for some reason and a better performance from Dalton in Cincy in week 17 might seal the deal for the Steelers to be the #1 or 2 seed or the #5 seed.

coldrolled
11-30-2011, 05:58 PM
the 49ers can beat us if we play an away game like the kc game out west again.

so sharpen the pencil BA, and think about this game...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
I could see the Chargers stealing one from Baltimore - for some reason and a better performance from Dalton in Cincy in week 17 might seal the deal for the Steelers to be the #1 or 2 seed or the #5 seed.

I would love to see Cincy take that last game. If they are fighting for their playoff lives it could be real interesting. With the AFC North you just never know who is going to beat who, especially since every team has such a rivalry with each other.

LevonKirkland99
11-30-2011, 09:45 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach that I still see another thread about the Ratvens and how they compare to us....

the rats have been playing better on offense, so they will have more wins than us.

Stlrs4Life
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Yick..............us! That's why that last loss to them was so big!

Goodfrom55
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
It sickens me, but if they earn it, then so be it.

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I think the Ravens win out and we will be stuck being road warriors in the playoffs. We all saw how the Ravens laid those 3 stinkers against the Titans/Jaqs/Seahawks but I think they probably fixed that, I guess we'll see this Sunday, but the Browns should be over matched.

If we beat the Bengals this Sunday then the only other team that SHOULD pose a threat is the 49ers. Traveling all the way to the west coast and playing a good defensive team will be hard, better hope our offense clicks that game.

StillinBaltimore
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I can also see the Chargers taking that game. I can also see us loosing to the 9ers. But Baltimore still has to go to Cincy and that could def go to Cincy. Better chance for us to take Cincy at home. We might be able to snag that bye!

CowherPower
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
If there's one thing that we've learned, anything can change late in the year. With teams all fighting for those precious few playoff seeds, everybody gets up to play everybody else. What we see right now could change significantly over the new month.

I certainly would not rule out the Steelers chances to still take the division but if not you just have to find a way to get in.

Stairwayto7
12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
ratbirds will lose two games

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
The Ravens havn't played well on the road this year either......Still have tough away games in San Diego and Cinncy.....Yes the Chargers are a joke right now.....But still traveling coast to coast is never easy for a team and the Chargers still have a talented roster......

StillinBaltimore
12-02-2011, 12:24 PM
The Ravens havn't played well on the road this year either......Still have tough away games in San Diego and Cinncy.....Yes the Chargers are a joke right now.....But still traveling coast to coast is never easy for a team and the Chargers still have a talented roster......

I think the chargers game is a trap game for the Ravens. Whenever they go in expecting to stomp on someone they forget to get them on the ground first. We will def be up for the Niners. I see the ravens losing to either the Browns or the Bengals.

LatrobePA
12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Bolts will score on their D, but I can't see them losing that game...

Ravens1
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Ravens lose to Cincy at Cincy. Steelers lose to Cincy at Pitt and 49ers in San Fran.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Ravens lose to Cincy at Cincy. Steelers lose to Cincy at Pitt and 49ers in San Fran.

:rofl:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks for this insightful post.......:hilarious:

SnakeEyes43
12-02-2011, 01:24 PM
:whatever:

:whatever:

SteelerJay
12-02-2011, 01:32 PM

:lol:..........:lol:we drop no more then one game and thats to the 49er's and i honestly don't see us even losing to them, the ninners don't play good aginst a good defence and it showed aginst the ravens and we have DL so my money is on him that he seen the tape for that game already and is already licking his chops

Ravens1
12-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey, just :imho: but, go ahead and laugh. You're margin against Cincy wasn't much last time. In a little over 48 hours we shall see.:yellowthumb: Time to man up.

BTW, I love reading the game day posts from Week 1 and Week 9. Cocky overconfidence pregame giving way to omg omg omg! Priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=PGT7dDjwp3A

Rampage
12-02-2011, 01:48 PM
All I have to say is that both teams are capable of a dominant performance or coming out flat. The Ravens have a simpler schedule from here on out, so that leads me to believe the Steelers are more likely to drop another. Still, both teams have shown that they can play down to their competition on any given Sunday, so I wouldn't be surprised to see any outcome.

SnakeEyes43
12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
BTW, I love reading the game day posts from Week 1 and Week 9. Cocky overconfidence pregame giving way to omg omg omg! Priceless.[/url]

Your moms priceless...

Now get outta here kid, ya bother me.

Ravens1
12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
All I have to say is that both teams are capable of a dominant performance or coming out flat. The Ravens have a simpler schedule from here on out, so that leads me to believe the Steelers are more likely to drop another. Still, both teams have shown that they can play down to their competition on any given Sunday, so I wouldn't be surprised to see any outcome.

How true. Or as investment adivsors like to say when they are covering their butts..."Past performance is no indication of future returns." We all like to get fired up and root for the home team, but in the end, I don't bet the rent money on it...just hope.

--- Added 12/2/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Your moms priceless...

Now get outta here kid, ya bother me.

Thanks, she is. And I love W.C. Fields. See we have something in common. :clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey, just :imho: but, go ahead and laugh. You're margin against Cincy wasn't much last time. In a little over 48 hours we shall see.:yellowthumb: Time to man up.

BTW, I love reading the game day posts from Week 1 and Week 9. Cocky overconfidence pregame giving way to omg omg omg! Priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=PGT7dDjwp3A

The same margin the Ravens beat the Bengals.....:lol: So what is your point?.......Plus the Steelers were cheated out of a TD against the Bengals were the Bengals were cheated out of a TD against the Ratbirds.......

Ravens1
12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
The same margin the Ravens beat the Bengals.....:lol: So what is your point?.......Plus the Steelers were cheated out of a TD against the Bengals were the Bengals were cheated out of a TD against the Ratbirds.......

That both Balt and Pitt might very well lose to the Bengals on their second meeting. But you will also likely lose to San Fran. Over and out.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
How true. Or as investment adivsors like to say when they are covering their butts..."Past performance is no indication of future returns." We all like to get fired up and root for the home team, but in the end, I don't bet the rent money on it...just hope.

--- Added 12/2/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Thanks, she is. And I love W.C. Fields. See we have something in common. :clap:

The only problem I have with your posts is that you act like the Ravens aren't struggling at all..Ravens lost to crappy teams...Steelers beat all the teams you lost too. Steelers lost to pretty good teams. Steelers have never been known for their inconsistency so it's not a surprise that just when you think the Steelers will crash and burn we play our best football ever!! The Ravens have struggled in most of their games so....................

--- Added 12/2/2011 at 12:43 PM ---

That both Balt and Pitt might very well lose to the Bengals on their second meeting. But you will also likely lose to San Fran. Over and out.

See post above....over and out.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
The only game the Steelers were blown out in was the first meeting with the Ravens.......The Steelers are very close to being 10-1.....They're also close to being 6-5 or worse.....My point is I don't think the Steelers have peaked yet or played their best football yet this season but they're still 8-3........

Rampage
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
The only game the Steelers were blown out in was the first meeting with the Ravens.......The Steelers are very close to being 10-1.....They're also close to being 6-5 or worse.....My point is I don't think the Steelers have peaked yet or played their best football yet this season but they're still 8-3........

Unfortunately, I don't see them peaking this season. Since week one, they've yet to really play any complete games. Even like the NE game where they left too many points on the board. Just a pretty flat year for them.

coldrolled
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see them peaking this season. Since week one, they've yet to really play any complete games. Even like the NE game where they left too many points on the board. Just a pretty flat year for them.

Its just the Arians Factor. Simple.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2011, 05:43 PM

They very well might not peak but at the same time they can still put it all together and go ape **** in the play-offs....Nobody thought the Packers would go on their run last year in the play-offs....The Cards in 2008 when they reached the Super Bowl after a 9-7 regular season.......

DIESELMAN
12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Ratbird fans had way more OMG's spewing out your mouths in week 2 (Ratbirds lose to Titans 13-26 LMFAO) week 7 (Ratbirds lose to Jags 7-12 LMFAO) and week 10 (Ratbirds lose to Seattle 17-22 LMFAO). ****ing Priceless!!!

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk