PDA

View Full Version : Please stop this quick snap, draw the defense off nonsense

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2011, 01:07 AM
The Steelers burned what could have been a costly timeout on 4th down in the 2nd half. There was no way they were going to go for it in that situation yet Ben hurried up the defense to try and draw off the Chiefs.

That's something maybe you can try and pull off when you're at home, but on the road and in that situation in a close game, there's no way you do that. The Chiefs defense saw that coming a mile away and there was no way they were going to jump. Consequently it costs a timeout.

Now, if you're going to quick snap it then get up there and snap it and try to make the play. In that situation though, it was too far to go for it and it didn't fool anybody.

Stairwayto7
11-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Atleast if your going to do it, once in a while actually run a play. And pay attention to where your at on the field he should have taken the delay of game.

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
:clap:

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Most stupid thing about it was burning the timeout,hell let the clock expire and punt !!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2011, 01:21 AM
either go for it or just punt....so stupid once again Tomlin doesn't have a clue on the importance of saving time outs...didn't burn us but down the road it could.....

igor0190
11-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Atleast if your going to do it, once in a while actually run a play. And pay attention to where your at on the field he should have taken the delay of game.

:plus1:

Exactly what I was thinking...

But hey... if he tries it every time, then maybe they will actually run a play at some point. It'd be even more of a surprise then.

Troyisabeast_43
11-28-2011, 08:32 AM
either go for it or just punt....so stupid once again Tomlin doesn't have a clue on the importance of saving time outs...didn't burn us but down the road it could.....

I agree 32 and I have said this time and time again Tomlin has to be the worst coach in the league in terms of using his challenges and challenging bad calls and calling timeouts in the last 2 minutes of the half. You would think by now he would learn but it only seems to get worse week in and week out...

SteelDad
11-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Most stupid thing about it was burning the timeout,hell let the clock expire and punt !!

Yup.

I am now convinced that Tomlin has to be one of the worst game-managing coaches in the League. If you're up by 21, OK, burn the timeout, MAYBE. You were up by 7 Mike and going nowhere!!

jcloss23
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
It's not that he does it. It was a good time in the game and we were on their 40. The thing that gets me the most angry is instead of burning a time out why not just take the delay of game? It even gives kapinos more room.

K Train
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
i would have LOVED if they just snapped it...it would have caught them off guard big time the way they were lined up

LatrobePA
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
i would have LOVED if they just snapped it...it would have caught them off guard big time the way they were lined up

I thought they were going to!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM

yep......:yellowthumb:

Speeed
11-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Sad they had to resort to gimmicks in an attempt to beat a weak opponent.

K Train
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
sad or resourceful? seems to be a fine line

Speeed
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Resourceful? Hell no! What was resourceful about a play they seem to try every othe game, and do so quite predictably. As a fan, I wanted to dig a hole and put my head in it during that play.

sad or resourceful? seems to be a fine line

K Train
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
eh, had they jumped it would have been a first down. i like how ben commanded the whole thing as much as i wanted them to snap it, it was a good try.

everyone seems to FREAK OUT when collinsworth flips out about something stupid...when the game is national the announcers influence things SO MUCH, in this instance we heard collinsworth say how dumb it was and how he doesnt agree and now everyone is up in arms over it? Also Bowes "attempt" to catch that dismal throw from palko is like national news, he stood no chance in hell at that erratic misfire but everyone buys into the nonsensical horseshit that collinsworth spews...even if they dont mean too.

national game are always like this....with penalties, with things like the wasted timeout, and things like bowes "effort"...its all so dumb

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
eh, had they jumped it would have been a first down. i like how ben commanded the whole thing as much as i wanted them to snap it, it was a good try.

everyone seems to FREAK OUT when collinsworth flips out about something stupid...when the game is national the announcers influence things SO MUCH, in this instance we heard collinsworth say how dumb it was and how he doesnt agree and now everyone is up in arms over it? Also Bowes "attempt" to catch that dismal throw from palko is like national news, he stood no chance in hell at that erratic misfire but everyone buys into the nonsensical horseshit that collinsworth spews...even if they dont mean too.

national game are always like this....with penalties, with things like the wasted timeout, and things like bowes "effort"...its all so dumb

I don't listen to Collinsworth at all...dude is a douche.....I just don't like wasting a time out in a close game on the road......Time out didn't matter in the end but I rather see Ben try to get them to jump and then actually go for it.......It wasn't like Tom Brady was on the other sideline or anything...just for it....lol

Stairwayto7
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I too thought we should go for it or take the delay of game. Hell after we punted into the endzone it was only like a net 20 yard punt. Why bother

K Train
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't listen to Collinsworth at all...dude is a douche.....I just don't like wasting a time out in a close game on the road......Time out didn't matter in the end but I rather see Ben try to get them to jump and then actually go for it.......It wasn't like Tom Brady was on the other sideline or anything...just for it....lol

regardless if you like him (no one does) he seems to influence the uproar on things like this. im really just saying it wasnt that bad of a wasted TO, ive seen much much worse