PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey leaves the game with illness

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Pouncey went out in the first half with the Flu apparently. The trainers tried to hydrate him to get him back out on the field in the 2nd half but it never happened. He was definitely missed.

You want to say, get your *** out there, being sick is no excuse. However we don't know how bad it is or even if it was really the flu at this point. If it was the flu, we all know how that can knock you on your butt no matter who you are. I don't question Pouncey's toughness, the dude has been the glue holding this line together other than Starks.

Legursky shifted over to Center and Kemoeatu went back to his normal LG spot admist the epic blitzing by the Chiefs defense.

K Train
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
he makes such a huge difference, its not even funny

nuclearchihuahuas
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
The line play was awful. Pouncey gave it a great shot especially if he actually has the flu. We have got to get some quality backups

Stairwayto7
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
They were coming from everywhere, even starks got his *** kicked

Dee Mca
11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Sit Pouncey right next to BA on the plane ride home. On the bright side no dump flags on Kemo.

LatrobePA
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't blame him I was sick all night watching this too!!

North Steel
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Sit Pouncey right next to BA on the plane ride home. On the bright side no dump flags on Kemo.

:plus1:

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Pouncey is tough. I'm sure if he felt he could give something, he would've been out there

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
You can really see how much Pouncey is missed and how much he means to this team when he's not in there. The Chiefs were blitzing the hell out of the Steelers offensive line tonight and his presence certainly would have helped the cause.

Legursky plays admirably when he has to fill in for Maurkice but the drop off is significant to say the least.

We all were :barf:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Pouncey and Gilbert are pieces to build around........You can win with Starks at LT but still the Steelers would be wise to draft a top OT if one fell to them in the first round but its not likely so draft an athletic and intelligent OG like David Decastro from Stanford.......An OL consisting of Starks, Decastro, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert doesn't sound bad....Plus I'm sure Colon will be in the mix but they better restructure his contract.....

Katmandu
11-28-2011, 01:41 AM
He should have gotten a flu shot.

Stairwayto7
11-28-2011, 07:20 AM
He should have gotten a flu shot.

lol but at least sick is better then injured

SteelDad
11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty certain Pouncey had to have been puking up his intestines not to be playing. Legs gives it everything he has, but it's night and day with MP out.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Colon will be in the mix next year for sure but at this point they'd be foolish to give that RT job back to him. Gilbert is the future and is getting better each week. I'm ok with the growing pains because the future results are going to be very positive.

The line though just continues to be in a state of flux, they just can't stay together for more than a couple games without something happening. I'm sure Pouncey will be fine for next week but this unit has got to get some continuity before the playoffs.

Nolrog
11-28-2011, 11:07 AM

I'm still sick about it.

connecticutsteel
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
They were coming from everywhere, even starks got his *** kicked

What game were you watching he got beat 3 or 4 times which doesn't amount to getting your *** kicked lol
colon will have to play guard